Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... 17:50 - Jul 15 with 10105 viewsSitfcB

Dizgracefool.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 19:14 - Jul 15 with 1925 viewsfooters

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 19:09 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

You're right, I reckon Evans literally is exactly that pikey.

He even hand-delivers ST packs in person to certain fans.

Some think this is a privilege to be enjoyed; others see it as pure cheapskatery.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 19:50 - Jul 15 with 1885 viewsfactual_blue

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 18:44 - Jul 15 by PJH

I have been surprised that tickets have been sent out postage free for the last few seasons, they have got to make cutbacks wherever they can and short of asking Royal Mail to deliver for free charging us for delivery is a logical step.

Double postage charge presumably for the over-60s.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 19:52 - Jul 15 with 1885 viewsElderGrizzly

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 18:39 - Jul 15 by Bluefish

Haven't they always charged but members got it free?

Yes, but don’t let that stop a flounce 😬
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 20:08 - Jul 15 with 1870 viewsKeaneish

Too much to ask for digital tickets to add to the phone's wallet I guess?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 21:50 - Jul 15 with 1821 viewsxrayspecs

Why should the club send tickets out for free when they are incurring postage costs? Hardly like we are rolling around in surplus cash is it?
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 22:04 - Jul 15 with 1813 viewsPJH

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 21:50 - Jul 15 by xrayspecs

Why should the club send tickets out for free when they are incurring postage costs? Hardly like we are rolling around in surplus cash is it?

Most sensible people would see it like that, others are getting in a strop about being charged £1.75.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 22:30 - Jul 15 with 1776 viewstextbackup

£1.75 per transaction, or per ticket?

either way its no big deal, but that could work out as little as 43p if you are buying 4 tickets per person....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 22:36 - Jul 15 with 1767 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 22:04 - Jul 15 by PJH

Most sensible people would see it like that, others are getting in a strop about being charged £1.75.

Yep - you’ve nailed it. It’s the £1.75 I’m disappointed about.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 00:29 - Jul 16 with 1739 viewsGuthrum

That's the price of a second-class stamp nowadays, isn't it?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 06:32 - Jul 16 with 1704 viewsSitfcB

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 22:30 - Jul 15 by textbackup

£1.75 per transaction, or per ticket?

either way its no big deal, but that could work out as little as 43p if you are buying 4 tickets per person....

Per transaction.

Yeah I will just have to get my mates to ping a few pence extra

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 06:45 - Jul 16 with 1698 viewsBlueyandCrazy

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 19:04 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

lol at "carriage fee" for what is effectively putting something in an envelope and franking it.

And there is a cost associated with putting it in the envelope- someone is paid to do that, so their costs need covering too as well as the franking.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 06:50 - Jul 16 with 1696 viewsDanTheMan

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 19:04 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

lol at "carriage fee" for what is effectively putting something in an envelope and franking it.

There is a reason why websites do this (notoriously sites for gigs), although not so applicable here.

The cost of actually running ticketing websites is insanely high. They have to deal with the worst kinds of traffic (i.e. massive bursts of people) and as far as I'm aware have no way of marking up the ticket to actually cover the cost of running the expensive infrastructure.

So they chuck money into whatever they can find. It's not very transparent but it's basically all because they can't just mark up the cost of a ticket.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:13 - Jul 16 with 1682 viewsKeaneish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 18:44 - Jul 15 by PJH

I have been surprised that tickets have been sent out postage free for the last few seasons, they have got to make cutbacks wherever they can and short of asking Royal Mail to deliver for free charging us for delivery is a logical step.

Or, they could be more practical and ship out the whole batch on the same day with DPD which is charged on weight not individual item. 10kg is £12 with DPD. Not sure how much 2000 tickets weigh but either way, it’s very cost efficient, would cost the club nothing and not incur the wrath of fans.

It’s simple business/management steps like this which go a long way and another oversight by the club. At £1.75, the club is making money as well as covering cost. Do I begrudge them that? Yeah I do actually. I’m trying to keep cost to a minimum this season by buying a Network Rail card and buying train tickets well in advance. Why, when there are better options out there are we being charged more? It’s lazy.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:19 - Jul 16 with 1677 viewsDanTheMan

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:13 - Jul 16 by Keaneish

Or, they could be more practical and ship out the whole batch on the same day with DPD which is charged on weight not individual item. 10kg is £12 with DPD. Not sure how much 2000 tickets weigh but either way, it’s very cost efficient, would cost the club nothing and not incur the wrath of fans.

It’s simple business/management steps like this which go a long way and another oversight by the club. At £1.75, the club is making money as well as covering cost. Do I begrudge them that? Yeah I do actually. I’m trying to keep cost to a minimum this season by buying a Network Rail card and buying train tickets well in advance. Why, when there are better options out there are we being charged more? It’s lazy.

I'm going to guess that's more on the provider than ( https://www.oneadvanced.com/solutions/talent/) anything ITFC would actually like to do. And we're not really big enough to develop anything inhouse.

I imagine there would also be an upfront cost for e-tickets but I doubt it would be a massive amount. Saying that thought adding card machines would also be incredibly expensive.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:28 - Jul 16 with 1669 viewsKeaneish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:19 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

I'm going to guess that's more on the provider than ( https://www.oneadvanced.com/solutions/talent/) anything ITFC would actually like to do. And we're not really big enough to develop anything inhouse.

I imagine there would also be an upfront cost for e-tickets but I doubt it would be a massive amount. Saying that thought adding card machines would also be incredibly expensive.

Yeah possibly but if it were the provider we’d be charged for home games too surely? E-tickets would be dead cheap. After all, it’s just a QR code generator hooked up to a database. Pretty simple coding, management and servicing. Guess the cost would come if they need to introduce hardware on turnstiles.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:43 - Jul 16 with 1653 viewsDanTheMan

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:28 - Jul 16 by Keaneish

Yeah possibly but if it were the provider we’d be charged for home games too surely? E-tickets would be dead cheap. After all, it’s just a QR code generator hooked up to a database. Pretty simple coding, management and servicing. Guess the cost would come if they need to introduce hardware on turnstiles.

Unless they think this is the simplest way to get the money back, not really sure what the idea is, just a best guess.

I mean yeah it is "just" all of that but if ITFC do it someone still has to be employed to write, manage and maintain it which they just aren't going to do. Almost no clubs outside the big clubs have their own development teams. Which means this company would have to do it and we'd have to pay for the development. If it's anything like what most companies charge for bespoke development / professional services then there is no way we're going to pay for it.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:53 - Jul 16 with 1635 viewsKeaneish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:43 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

Unless they think this is the simplest way to get the money back, not really sure what the idea is, just a best guess.

I mean yeah it is "just" all of that but if ITFC do it someone still has to be employed to write, manage and maintain it which they just aren't going to do. Almost no clubs outside the big clubs have their own development teams. Which means this company would have to do it and we'd have to pay for the development. If it's anything like what most companies charge for bespoke development / professional services then there is no way we're going to pay for it.

I wonder if they even costed it up. It’s cheaper in the long run and more environmentally sound. Once the up front cost for the hardware and software engineering is paid, the service can be maintained cheaply. A freelance engineer could easily maintain it on an affordable day rate without needing to pay an expensive overhead on a hardware maintenance fee I’m sure.

Let’s say we took 1500 fans to every away league game, at £1.75 that’s £63k a season. I’m sure we could get a competitive quote to beat that for digital tickets.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:55 - Jul 16 with 1627 viewsBluefish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:53 - Jul 16 by Keaneish

I wonder if they even costed it up. It’s cheaper in the long run and more environmentally sound. Once the up front cost for the hardware and software engineering is paid, the service can be maintained cheaply. A freelance engineer could easily maintain it on an affordable day rate without needing to pay an expensive overhead on a hardware maintenance fee I’m sure.

Let’s say we took 1500 fans to every away league game, at £1.75 that’s £63k a season. I’m sure we could get a competitive quote to beat that for digital tickets.

Not sure about your maths or you logic

We dont take 1500, they don't all buy tickets individually, some collect from the ground.

The 1.75 is income not expenditure

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:03 - Jul 16 with 1623 viewsDanTheMan

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 07:53 - Jul 16 by Keaneish

I'm not sure you'd get all of that for £63k, at least in my experience (I'm a senior software engineer).

You'd have to pay for:
- Developers (you're going to definitely need more than one for a ticketing website).
- Someone to look after the hardware (which developers are not often good at).
- Alternatively you could deploy to cloud infrastructure, which incurs a monthly cost, at the very least hundreds a month.
- Maintenance cost of monitoring the solution
- Any additional work than needs doing to the website. It looks to be a CMS, so that would need developing too.

So I think your estimate may be quite a bit under. Regardless though, I take your point. It would be better if we could do all of this, I'd personally really like it as I hate getting things mailed to me or having to print things out. And I'm a bit surprised that this company doesn't offer a solution for that given it's been pretty standard in a lot of places for a while now.

Interestingly, if you look at someone else who also uses this software with much more money than us, this is what you get when you try and add something to the basket:

Might be a bit small but that is a £1 charge for a "WebSales fee". Which I imagine is essentially what we are doing but just saying "carriage fee" because people understand what this is.

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:16 - Jul 16 with 1613 viewsitfcjoe

Typical response by Ipswich fans under Evans, after he has dragged this club to lowest position in most of our life times.

Fanbase has no backbone to properly complain about anything, even this added charge which is set at an OTT level. How much is first class on a franking machine, 50p?

Evans has it easy here.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:20 - Jul 16 with 1604 viewsKeaneish

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:03 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

I'm not sure you'd get all of that for £63k, at least in my experience (I'm a senior software engineer).

You'd have to pay for:
- Developers (you're going to definitely need more than one for a ticketing website).
- Alternatively you could deploy to cloud infrastructure, which incurs a monthly cost, at the very least hundreds a month.
- Any additional work than needs doing to the website. It looks to be a CMS, so that would need developing too.

So I think your estimate may be quite a bit under. Regardless though, I take your point. It would be better if we could do all of this, I'd personally really like it as I hate getting things mailed to me or having to print things out. And I'm a bit surprised that this company doesn't offer a solution for that given it's been pretty standard in a lot of places for a while now.

Interestingly, if you look at someone else who also uses this software with much more money than us, this is what you get when you try and add something to the basket:

Might be a bit small but that is a £1 charge for a "WebSales fee". Which I imagine is essentially what we are doing but just saying "carriage fee" because people understand what this is.

I’m a Project Manager. All we need is another developer, a hardware engineer and some design over sight and we’ve got a contract!

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:22 - Jul 16 with 1599 viewsfooters

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:03 - Jul 16 by DanTheMan

You'd have to pay for:

Never heard such rubbish in all my life.

I could get someone in who'd get it done in half a day, parts and labour included. Dave Trotter, got an O level in computer science and everything.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:24 - Jul 16 with 1596 viewsDanTheMan

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:20 - Jul 16 by Keaneish

I’m a Project Manager. All we need is another developer, a hardware engineer and some design over sight and we’ve got a contract!

You should pitch it to Evans ;)

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:25 - Jul 16 with 1598 viewsJakeITFC

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:16 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Typical response by Ipswich fans under Evans, after he has dragged this club to lowest position in most of our life times.

Fanbase has no backbone to properly complain about anything, even this added charge which is set at an OTT level. How much is first class on a franking machine, 50p?

Evans has it easy here.

Mate, it’s not even £2!

Why would anyone care - their postage is absolutely brilliant at all times anyway, it’s mental that it was free to start with.
So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:26 - Jul 16 with 1591 viewsDanTheMan

So the club are now charging £1.75 to send tickets in the post... on 08:16 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Evans has it easy here.

It won't actually be for postage, it'll be to cover the cost of the provider. Same reason all ticketing sites do this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024