Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday 08:50 - Jul 15 with 7549 viewsSteve_M

What an incredible match, so hard-fought and so close. We had lost that twice I think, once by being always 10 runs behind where we wanted to be in the run chase and again after New Zealand's six in the Super Over. To drag it back once let alone twice was impressive, even if a bit of luck was needed.

A nice piece here anyway, just look at the reactions in the bloody Pavilion.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/14/lords-perfect-venue-greatest-one-d

Greatest one day match ever, not sure on that. but given the occasion then I suppose it is a reasonable claim.

Shall we have a thread for links of coverage?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:46 - Jul 16 with 497 viewsSteve_M

Bump to add this in, some glorious photos here:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/16/the-colour-and-drama-of-the-cricke

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:57 - Jul 16 with 472 viewsCoastalblue

I'm sure it's a day I will look back fondly on when I'm sat at the Oval later in the year, the Aussies are 3-1 up in the series and I'm watching Warner and Smith cart our bowling attack around the ground.

I'm not actually expecting this, but it would be a very English, and very Australian thing to happen.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 07:16 - Jul 17 with 411 viewschristiand

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:57 - Jul 16 by Coastalblue

I'm sure it's a day I will look back fondly on when I'm sat at the Oval later in the year, the Aussies are 3-1 up in the series and I'm watching Warner and Smith cart our bowling attack around the ground.

I'm not actually expecting this, but it would be a very English, and very Australian thing to happen.

If anything this World Cup has warmed up the Aussies nicely and given them an extended period to get prepared for our conditions. Normally, we'd have a head start on them before they adjust, not this time and that could be a huge disadvantage for us!

Naturally, hoping for an England win in the series, but feel it is going to be a really tight affair.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024