Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing 08:39 - Jul 15 with 2966 viewsartsbossbeard

Last week we were nailed on for a top 6 finish.

2x meaningless 45 min fitness matches following some team building and we're doomed.

I'm kinda certain that there's some middle ground here.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 8:39]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:43 - Jul 15 with 2942 viewsReuser_is_God

Embarrassing isn't it.

The great sport on yesterday & some melts are wetting the bed about a kick about down the park.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 8:44]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:45 - Jul 15 with 2924 viewschristiand

Lets get a settled side and play opposition more in keeping with our League One opponents and then judge them, at the moment it's about fitness and getting minutes in the legs. Posters are putting too much on these friendlies, our season's destiny isn't based on the outcome of meaningless fixtures in July. I'm sure Dusseldorf fans aren't predicting they're going to win the Bundesliga title after beating a League One side 4-1 inside 45 minutes either!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:46 - Jul 15 with 2920 viewschicoazul

Didnt you come on here a year ago after Braintree and make some very averse comments? Maybe it wasnt you , apologies if not.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:51 - Jul 15 with 2885 viewsJimmyJazz

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:46 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

Didnt you come on here a year ago after Braintree and make some very averse comments? Maybe it wasnt you , apologies if not.

Braintree and Dusseldorf? Yeah I see the similarities

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:52 - Jul 15 with 2877 viewschicoazul

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:51 - Jul 15 by JimmyJazz

Braintree and Dusseldorf? Yeah I see the similarities

Pre season friendlies, for fitness.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:54 - Jul 15 with 2873 viewsartsbossbeard

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:46 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

It was me, yes.

My Braintree comments were based around the lack of pre match organisation - Braintree had their lads broken down into groups working on their specific match areas whilst Town just had the everyone together milling around.

All that was missing for the full Sunday morning experience was some pre match ciggies and one of the younger lads spewing at the side of the pitch.

My other comments were based around the visual evidence that some senior pro's weren't buying into the PH philosophy. Plenty of dropped shoulders, plenty of sideways glances to each other on the team talk and arms around shoulders when a senior player was asked to play in a position that he'd not played before. The whole thing was all wrong.

From the twitter stuff, it looks to me that the team bonding stuff is working and it's evident from the end of last season and beyond that the team have bought into PL.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:56 - Jul 15 with 2853 viewsWD19

'Can we get a shot on target' at Barnet would be the acid test, but they haven't even invited us back because we failed to give them a workout for two years in a row......
I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:57 - Jul 15 with 2839 viewsDubtractor

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:54 - Jul 15 by artsbossbeard

It was me, yes.

My Braintree comments were based around the lack of pre match organisation - Braintree had their lads broken down into groups working on their specific match areas whilst Town just had the everyone together milling around.

All that was missing for the full Sunday morning experience was some pre match ciggies and one of the younger lads spewing at the side of the pitch.

My other comments were based around the visual evidence that some senior pro's weren't buying into the PH philosophy. Plenty of dropped shoulders, plenty of sideways glances to each other on the team talk and arms around shoulders when a senior player was asked to play in a position that he'd not played before. The whole thing was all wrong.

From the twitter stuff, it looks to me that the team bonding stuff is working and it's evident from the end of last season and beyond that the team have bought into PL.

Plus, quick judgement or not, you were right at the end of the day.

Unfortunately.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:00 - Jul 15 with 2821 viewschicoazul

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:54 - Jul 15 by artsbossbeard

It was me, yes.

A good fulsome reply, thanks. And you were proven right of course.

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:13 - Jul 15 with 2776 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wouldn't expect anything else. The overconfidence that's been on here is likely to come back and bite us on the arse. But on the flipside, the reaction to losing in an early pre-season friendly to a team 2 levels above us was a bit bizarre.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:31 - Jul 15 with 2706 viewsLeaky

If anything the game against SV Meppen was more of a barometer of where we at, according to reports I've read we did ok in that game. However as you say its about fitness & team bonding.
I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:38 - Jul 15 with 2675 viewsitfcjoe

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:31 - Jul 15 by Leaky

If anything the game against SV Meppen was more of a barometer of where we at, according to reports I've read we did ok in that game. However as you say its about fitness & team bonding.

We were much better than them, should have comfortably won.

Issues for me from yesterday is when a side goes at us we concede easily, and when we dominate and create we still don't score.

Even though it is only pre season they are habits we desperately need to break in the next few weeks

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:39 - Jul 15 with 2659 viewsLeaky

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:38 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Issues for me from yesterday is when a side goes at us we concede easily, and when we dominate and create we still don't score.

Even though it is only pre season they are habits we desperately need to break in the next few weeks

Agree with you
I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 10:53 - Jul 15 with 2543 viewsSaigonTractor

Dusseldorf finished 10th in the Bundesliga for christ sakes. Can't believe people are unhappy about losing to them.

They managed to get a win against Dortmund and a draw against Bayern. It's absolutely no shame to lose to them.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 10:54]
I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 10:55 - Jul 15 with 2532 viewsITFC_Forever

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 09:38 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Some things never change.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 14:49 - Jul 15 with 2401 viewsBlueBadger

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 10:53 - Jul 15 by SaigonTractor

Dusseldorf finished 10th in the Bundesliga for christ sakes. Can't believe people are unhappy about losing to them.

They managed to get a win against Dortmund and a draw against Bayern. It's absolutely no shame to lose to them.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 10:54]

I'm less concerned about that than I am the inability to score past the German 3rd division outfit who are probably a lot closer to our level...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 14:55 - Jul 15 with 2380 viewsBlueBadger

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 08:45 - Jul 15 by christiand

Lets get a settled side and play opposition more in keeping with our League One opponents and then judge them, at the moment it's about fitness and getting minutes in the legs. Posters are putting too much on these friendlies, our season's destiny isn't based on the outcome of meaningless fixtures in July. I'm sure Dusseldorf fans aren't predicting they're going to win the Bundesliga title after beating a League One side 4-1 inside 45 minutes either!

Like Meppen of the German third division taht we couldn't score past?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 14:56 - Jul 15 with 2374 viewsKieran_Knows

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 14:55 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

I think it's pretty obvious what you're going to be clinging on to these next few weeks/months.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 15:03 - Jul 15 with 2350 viewsBlueBadger

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 14:56 - Jul 15 by Kieran_Knows

I think it's pretty obvious what you're going to be clinging on to these next few weeks/months.

Sadly, I fear we're going to be seeing disappointing results that actually count for something next month.

I'd REALLY love to be wrong though.

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 15:05 - Jul 15 with 2339 viewsLankHenners

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 14:55 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

It's like a couple of seasons ago when we got thumped 6-1 by a Charlton side a full division below us. If I remember we went on to get absolutely destroyed by 6+ goals in every single league match by better teams than Charlton, so maybe you do have a poi... oh no hang on

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 04:23 - Jul 16 with 2175 viewsSaigonTractor

I see the TWTD swing-o-meter is in full, well..er, swing on 14:49 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

I'm less concerned about that than I am the inability to score past the German 3rd division outfit who are probably a lot closer to our level...

In 45 minutes.

When we didn't play our strongest team.

In a friendly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024