Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Both fullback positions 15:21 - Jul 12 with 2392 viewsstewartm

Have now got cover, my question is.....
Who is the better RB, Josh or Janoi? I have not seen Josh play for a while and the little I did see of Donacien (only see him play LB) I was not impressed!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Both fullback positions on 15:23 - Jul 12 with 2368 viewsBigManBlue

Donacien was poor at LB and CB, seemed good on the right though, especially defensively. Not seen much of Josh but by all accounts he was solid at this level and probably offers more going forwards.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Both fullback positions on 15:25 - Jul 12 with 2357 viewsbilllm

Donacien
Both fullback positions on 15:25 - Jul 12 with 2357 viewsstewartm

Both fullback positions on 15:23 - Jul 12 by BigManBlue

Donacien was poor at LB and CB, seemed good on the right though, especially defensively. Not seen much of Josh but by all accounts he was solid at this level and probably offers more going forwards.

Thx Bigman! Yes totally agree with the Donacien comment but it looks good with two RB's maybe competing for the first team spot!

Both fullback positions on 15:26 - Jul 12 with 2351 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I would imagine we would go with Garbutt, Nsiala, Chambers and Donacien as it stands - obviously with Woolfenden in for Chambers at Burton.

Fascinating (or just worrying) though that we can't really nail down any starters.

Holy could be in if Bart is off, Emmanuel could start, the Wolf could end up ahead of Nsiala (I doubt it but who knows) and Garbutt may not even have been brought in to play LB primarily.

I guess only Chambo is nailed on for what he brings to the squad as a leader, but given how poor he was last season, you wouldn't even say that was nailed on.

I guess Judge, Norwood and Bishop (if fit) are the only guarantees right now.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Both fullback positions on 15:28 - Jul 12 with 2337 viewsstewartm

Both fullback positions on 15:26 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I would imagine we would go with Garbutt, Nsiala, Chambers and Donacien as it stands - obviously with Woolfenden in for Chambers at Burton.

Fascinating (or just worrying) though that we can't really nail down any starters.

Holy could be in if Bart is off, Emmanuel could start, the Wolf could end up ahead of Nsiala (I doubt it but who knows) and Garbutt may not even have been brought in to play LB primarily.

I guess only Chambo is nailed on for what he brings to the squad as a leader, but given how poor he was last season, you wouldn't even say that was nailed on.

I definitely favour Nsiala and the Wolf at the back (we could do with another CB) as for the FB slots I am hoping PL knows better.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 15:29]

Both fullback positions on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 2329 viewsElderGrizzly

I don’t think Bishop is guaranteed at all, even if fit. Where does he play? If we assume Skuse is 1 of the CM spots?

And to answer the FB question. Donacien is a better defender, Emmanuel is a better attacking FB.

I’d have JD in, assuming Lambert has got over whatever personal issue he has with him
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 15:32]
Both fullback positions on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 2329 viewschristiand

For me, Donacien is a defender first, think he'll do a solid enough job at RB especially as it's his natural side. JE is more of an athlete who has the capability to get up and down that right flank and will provide more of an attacking threat, but I'm not convinced he's as good defensively as Donacien. So in answer to your question, I'm still not sure!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Both fullback positions on 15:32 - Jul 12 with 2311 viewsstewartm

Both fullback positions on 15:29 - Jul 12 by christiand

For me, Donacien is a defender first, think he'll do a solid enough job at RB especially as it's his natural side. JE is more of an athlete who has the capability to get up and down that right flank and will provide more of an attacking threat, but I'm not convinced he's as good defensively as Donacien. So in answer to your question, I'm still not sure!!!

Based on this good answer, perhaps the opposition could dictate the RB. My opinion (considering the league we are in and expectations) I would go with the 'athlete' any day.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 15:33]

Login to get fewer ads

Both fullback positions on 15:32 - Jul 12 with 2309 viewsBigManBlue

Both fullback positions on 15:25 - Jul 12 by stewartm

Thx Bigman! Yes totally agree with the Donacien comment but it looks good with two RB's maybe competing for the first team spot!

Couldn't agree more! Refreshing to have two decent players fighting for a position, whilst we've had large squads recently they've often been a bit bereft of quality. I personally like that both offer something different too, gives us slightly more versatility in how we can approach games.

Both fullback positions on 15:35 - Jul 12 with 2286 viewsPJH

Both fullback positions on 15:29 - Jul 12 by ElderGrizzly

I don’t think Bishop is guaranteed at all, even if fit. Where does he play? If we assume Skuse is 1 of the CM spots?

And to answer the FB question. Donacien is a better defender, Emmanuel is a better attacking FB.

I’d have JD in, assuming Lambert has got over whatever personal issue he has with him

A fit Teddy Bishop would be one of the few guaranteed a place if I was picking the team, as would a fit Huws. Judge also has to play in my opinion but I agree that fitting the best eleven players into a starting team is going to be difficult-fitness depending of course.

From what I saw last season if Donacien starts it should only be at RB.
Both fullback positions on 15:35 - Jul 12 with 2286 viewsGerkensBeard

Personally I still think both full backs aren’t good enough. JD’s defensive awareness is scary, Josh the same. Same with both left backs. Garbutt couldn’t play for Oxford at Left back, Kenlock weak defensively.
Both fullback positions on 15:38 - Jul 12 with 2249 viewsstewartm

Both fullback positions on 15:29 - Jul 12 by ElderGrizzly

I would look to use the youth before experience at CB but in CM I think your right, Skuse will be the first name on the sheet. Me personally my center midfield would be Skuse and Huws and more advanced Judge...

Both fullback positions on 15:49 - Jul 12 with 2216 viewswkj

A lot comes down to who plays LB. I think Josh Emmanuel is more lively in attack than defence, so I think it might come down to who defends better on the right if Garbutt is going to be playing to his strengths, that is to say, going forward on the left.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 15:50]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Both fullback positions on 16:03 - Jul 12 with 2162 viewsBigManBlue

Both fullback positions on 15:49 - Jul 12 by wkj

A lot comes down to who plays LB. I think Josh Emmanuel is more lively in attack than defence, so I think it might come down to who defends better on the right if Garbutt is going to be playing to his strengths, that is to say, going forward on the left.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 15:50]

Could you imagine Kenlock at LB and Garbutt at LW... We'll defintely need someone solid on the right for a bit of balance.

Both fullback positions on 16:06 - Jul 12 with 2147 viewswkj

Both fullback positions on 16:03 - Jul 12 by BigManBlue

Could you imagine Kenlock at LB and Garbutt at LW... We'll defintely need someone solid on the right for a bit of balance.

Unless kenlock has a massive summer of development that duo could be frightening in a bad way.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Both fullback positions on 16:10 - Jul 12 with 2138 viewsBigManBlue

Both fullback positions on 16:06 - Jul 12 by wkj

Unless kenlock has a massive summer of development that duo could be frightening in a bad way.

Yeah, at 22 and with however many senior appearances, Kenlock isn't quite as green as he sometimes gets made out to be... Maybe he'll flourish in L1 but, and I don't mean to be rude, I just don't think he's quite good enough.

Both fullback positions on 16:14 - Jul 12 with 2125 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Both fullback positions on 16:10 - Jul 12 by BigManBlue

Yeah, at 22 and with however many senior appearances, Kenlock isn't quite as green as he sometimes gets made out to be... Maybe he'll flourish in L1 but, and I don't mean to be rude, I just don't think he's quite good enough.

I am struggling to remember Kenlock ever having a really good game.

He's had a few where he's looked okay. A few where he's looked good. But I don't remember a single excellent performance from him, yet I remember him having some absolutely awful ones.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Both fullback positions on 17:29 - Jul 12 with 2018 viewsbilllm

Both fullback positions on 16:10 - Jul 12 by BigManBlue

100% agree, very overated from what I've seen of him, gets caught up the pitch and out of position a lot,Knudsen MK11, IL give him some grace on the latter part of last season and that's only because judge went AWOL in front of him,
Both fullback positions on 18:42 - Jul 12 with 1929 viewsKeaneish

True. I would say Skuse is nailed on to start against Burton. We'll need an experienced head in there to lead with Chambers out - not that Skuse is a natural leader. He skippered the second half at padderborn.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Both fullback positions on 18:44 - Jul 12 with 1927 viewsTrequartista

Don't think either are good enough.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024