Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? 23:45 - Jul 11 with 2270 viewstrulyblue

I've been dabbling for the last 3 or 4 months trying to get my head around it and am currently 46% up on my stake. I'm just interested to hear from anybody else who uses it and what their strategy is to being successful.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 00:04 - Jul 12 with 2243 viewsJ2BLUE

I put £250 in a month or so ago and then put another £200 in during the cash back offer.

I started buying young players who I thought had big futures. Seemed to work. I bought:

Andrew Robertson @ 1.19, now 1.48
Trent Alexander-Arnold @ 2.76, now 2.98
Harry Winks @ 1.09, now 1.36
Kyle Walker-Peters @ 0.49, now 0.64
Ryan Fraser @ 1.37. now 1.31 but his value will shoot up next summer when he moves IMO

Since then i've added small positions in Aguero (loads of dividends I reckon), Origi, Davies (Everton), Carter-Vickers,, Clarke and Webster.

Hoping a load of those get big moves or establish themselves in their teams.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 00:59 - Jul 12 with 2202 viewswellsy700

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 00:04 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

I put £250 in a month or so ago and then put another £200 in during the cash back offer.

I started buying young players who I thought had big futures. Seemed to work. I bought:

Ryan Fraser @ 1.37. now 1.31 but his value will shoot up next summer when he moves IMO

Since then i've added small positions in Aguero (loads of dividends I reckon), Origi, Davies (Everton), Carter-Vickers,, Clarke and Webster.

I imagine the hardest part is knowing when to sell. Very difficult to predict when a player’s career is about to go into decline

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 08:11 - Jul 12 with 2000 viewstrulyblue

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 00:04 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

I took a similar stance to you with assuming that the best way was to go long term and buy players who look like they've a got s decent future.

H. Winks 0.94 now 1.36
A. Ramsey 0.96 now 1.17
M. Mount 1.66 now 2.20
V. Van Dijk 1.66 now 2.20
J. Grealish 2.02 now 2.05
J. Maddison 1.83 now 2.86
E. Buendia 0.90 now 1.17
A. Robertson 0.94 now 1.48
D. Rice 1.22 now 1.78
D. Jota 0.62 now 1.36
J. Lewis 0.46 now 0.81
M. Aarons 0.62 now 1.34

I also agree with the other poster that the hardest decision is working out the best time to sell. Take the 3 norwich players for example, I guessed it was a no brainer to buy them when I did because all 3 are young, they looked like they were going to get promoted and had the chance of a big money move however I'm now wondering if it's better to sell them now as you can only assume that Norwich are going to struggle in the coming season and their price will drop or do I hope that a big money move comes off for them however in the case of Buendia he has just signed a new 5 year contract so I guess that's unlikely. I think I'm leaning more towards selling them and reinvesting the money in young, promising players who again are at clubs with a good chance of promotion this season for example Roberts, Clarke and Phillips at Leeds.
It's interesting getting other peoples views.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 09:22 - Jul 12 with 1921 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 08:11 - Jul 12 by trulyblue

I took a similar stance to you with assuming that the best way was to go long term and buy players who look like they've a got s decent future.

H. Winks 0.94 now 1.36
A. Ramsey 0.96 now 1.17
M. Mount 1.66 now 2.20
V. Van Dijk 1.66 now 2.20
J. Grealish 2.02 now 2.05
J. Maddison 1.83 now 2.86
E. Buendia 0.90 now 1.17
A. Robertson 0.94 now 1.48
D. Rice 1.22 now 1.78
D. Jota 0.62 now 1.36
J. Lewis 0.46 now 0.81
M. Aarons 0.62 now 1.34

I also agree with the other poster that the hardest decision is working out the best time to sell. Take the 3 norwich players for example, I guessed it was a no brainer to buy them when I did because all 3 are young, they looked like they were going to get promoted and had the chance of a big money move however I'm now wondering if it's better to sell them now as you can only assume that Norwich are going to struggle in the coming season and their price will drop or do I hope that a big money move comes off for them however in the case of Buendia he has just signed a new 5 year contract so I guess that's unlikely. I think I'm leaning more towards selling them and reinvesting the money in young, promising players who again are at clubs with a good chance of promotion this season for example Roberts, Clarke and Phillips at Leeds.
It's interesting getting other peoples views.

I went for young British players and have made a good profit, have sold them all up (bar Reece james and Mason Mount) and have picked up a load of European youngsters to see how that approach fares.

With regards to when to sell them, I've found that when the speculation gets really high that there isn't a huge amount of difference between their price at that point and their price post sale. I sold Che Adams for £1.03 about 6 weeks ago and after his move to So'ton he only hit £1.07 - so don't need to hang on until the move.

I've paid in £135 cash and portfolio is now worth just over £280.

If I don't have much success with this European youngster thing then I'll stick some money back into EFL youngsters who are getting good minutes as seems you can't lose on these.

Matt Clarke was my best as he quadrupled in value and I kept picking up shares in him, ended up with a £41 profit on him alone.

Note - I appreciate these numbers are small compared to some, people have made thousands on this.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 09:49 - Jul 12 with 1863 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 09:22 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

I went for young British players and have made a good profit, have sold them all up (bar Reece james and Mason Mount) and have picked up a load of European youngsters to see how that approach fares.

With regards to when to sell them, I've found that when the speculation gets really high that there isn't a huge amount of difference between their price at that point and their price post sale. I sold Che Adams for £1.03 about 6 weeks ago and after his move to So'ton he only hit £1.07 - so don't need to hang on until the move.

If I don't have much success with this European youngster thing then I'll stick some money back into EFL youngsters who are getting good minutes as seems you can't lose on these.

Matt Clarke was my best as he quadrupled in value and I kept picking up shares in him, ended up with a £41 profit on him alone.

Note - I appreciate these numbers are small compared to some, people have made thousands on this.

How do they make their money? I don't think I've heard of anyone actually losing money on Football Index.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 09:56 - Jul 12 with 1848 viewswellsy700

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 09:49 - Jul 12 by Herbivore

How do they make their money? I don't think I've heard of anyone actually losing money on Football Index.

I know, it seems too easy to be true

NZ Blue

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 09:56 - Jul 12 with 1844 viewsJakeITFC

Is a bit ponzi sounding.
Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 10:00 - Jul 12 with 1832 viewskizaitfc

I imagine similar to a bank, they use the total money held in users accounts and they have those funds invested in the normal share trading market.

Similar to banks if every user went to withdraw their money today they would be screwed!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 10:01 - Jul 12 with 1826 viewsitfcjoe

I assume there must be a few 'mug punters' who just go on and buy all the big name players as they pay out dividends if doing well but their value decreases and at times quite substantially.

It is a bit of a ponzi scheme though it seems

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 10:11 - Jul 12 with 1793 viewshampstead_blue

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 00:59 - Jul 12 by wellsy700

I imagine the hardest part is knowing when to sell. Very difficult to predict when a player’s career is about to go into decline

When it comes to selling, that is a great way to 'lock-in' profit.
If you buy at 1 and sell at 1.2 you've made a 20% gain. Sounds simple because it is.

You then can look for other young players in which to repeat your strategy from the last period.

Whilst you are looking you are 'risk free' and in cash.

Once those players exceed their early rapid growth phase they will show less growth when they start competing with better players.

The only time they will grow again in such numbers is when they break through to the next level, say International. That pool of talent is less and as such you have less chance to make the same growth numbers as with 'emerging talent'.

Make sure you have a strategy, like I've very loosely laid out, and work with it. Change when required but don't get confused and start over complicating things.
Traders make money often, by locking in profit, and repeating what they have done before - assuming market conditions allow, and it if they don't then they change to suit.

Of course this is my opinion, blame my MSc tutors for teaching me this way.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 12:36 - Jul 12 with 1674 viewswellsy700

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 10:11 - Jul 12 by hampstead_blue

When it comes to selling, that is a great way to 'lock-in' profit.
If you buy at 1 and sell at 1.2 you've made a 20% gain. Sounds simple because it is.

You then can look for other young players in which to repeat your strategy from the last period.

Whilst you are looking you are 'risk free' and in cash.

Once those players exceed their early rapid growth phase they will show less growth when they start competing with better players.

The only time they will grow again in such numbers is when they break through to the next level, say International. That pool of talent is less and as such you have less chance to make the same growth numbers as with 'emerging talent'.

Make sure you have a strategy, like I've very loosely laid out, and work with it. Change when required but don't get confused and start over complicating things.
Traders make money often, by locking in profit, and repeating what they have done before - assuming market conditions allow, and it if they don't then they change to suit.

Of course this is my opinion, blame my MSc tutors for teaching me this way.

Cheers for the advice.

How accurately does a footballer’s market value reflect their on-pitch performances? For example, if Aguero scores a hat trick on the weekend would his value noticeably increase?

NZ Blue

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 13:05 - Jul 12 with 1627 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone invest in the 'Football Index'? on 09:22 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

First one of my young Europeans has got a move

Joachim Anderson - Sampdoria to Lyon - €30m.

Hopefully his value will start to increase and he'll play regularly in the CL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024