Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's a quandary 11:11 - Jul 11 with 10718 viewsfooters

Part #673264 of the TWTD Moral Maze...

Should thinking of someone else while being intimate with your partner be considered cheating?

Now, the reason I ask this is that there is a lovely lady I work with who may be having a 'psychic affair' with yours truly. I don't want to cause any harm to her relationship by continuing to be a sexy distraction. For all I know, this sexual dissonance has already caused major rows.

I know I've thought about a lot of different things when 'on the job', like what to have for dinner, what I really should have said in that meeting, etc. But none of those things would be considered being unfaithful.

Am I wrong to be concerned?
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 7:20]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here's a quandry on 11:13 - Jul 11 with 4302 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...

Is she thinking of you?

Or

Are you thinking of her?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Here's a quandry on 11:14 - Jul 11 with 4300 viewsJ2BLUE

I doubt Spruce cares mate, he's thinking of wkj anyway.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Here's a quandry on 11:15 - Jul 11 with 4286 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:13 - Jul 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

So...

Is she thinking of you?

Or

Are you thinking of her?

She is thinking of me I should imagine. I do not have a significant other so cannot cheat.

I like her a great deal but feel the odd pang of guilt when I see her mentally sizing me up.

Here's a quandry on 11:17 - Jul 11 with 4274 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:14 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

Please read the OP properly and don't resort to 'clever' personal attacks. Thought you were better than that.

I await a mature reply.

Here's a quandry on 11:19 - Jul 11 with 4255 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a quandry on 11:17 - Jul 11 by footers

Please read the OP properly and don't resort to 'clever' personal attacks. Thought you were better than that.

I await a mature reply.

Personal attacks

Truly impaired.

Here's a quandry on 11:24 - Jul 11 with 4227 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Here's a quandry on 11:25 - Jul 11 with 4227 viewsgiant_stow

Borderline, I'd say, but thats not very helpful.

Has she told you she thinks of you while shagging her fella? Pretty full on if so.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Here's a quandry on 11:26 - Jul 11 with 4222 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:19 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

Personal attacks

Well, you came charging into a reasonable thread with what could be seen as a homophobic insult to myself and two others who are not here. No need to apologise but please ensure it doesn't happen again.

This morning the lady in question led me to her desk and paraded me like a shire horse in front of another colleague. I would have taken her to the stationery cupboard there and then had I not been a man of morals.

Hopefully now you realise the gravity of the situation.

Login to get fewer ads

Here's a quandry on 11:28 - Jul 11 with 4206 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a quandry on 11:26 - Jul 11 by footers

Well, you came charging into a reasonable thread with what could be seen as a homophobic insult to myself and two others who are not here. No need to apologise but please ensure it doesn't happen again.

This morning the lady in question led me to her desk and paraded me like a shire horse in front of another colleague. I would have taken her to the stationery cupboard there and then had I not been a man of morals.

Hopefully now you realise the gravity of the situation.

Whatever.

Truly impaired.

Here's a quandry on 11:29 - Jul 11 with 4202 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:25 - Jul 11 by giant_stow

Borderline, I'd say, but thats not very helpful.

Has she told you she thinks of you while shagging her fella? Pretty full on if so.

I think the behaviours she is displaying would indicate just that. It must be difficult to work with someone so sexually magnetic. I may have to speak with HR or change jobs for the sake of her marriage.

Here's a quandry on 11:36 - Jul 11 with 4177 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a quandry on 11:29 - Jul 11 by footers

I think the behaviours she is displaying would indicate just that. It must be difficult to work with someone so sexually magnetic. I may have to speak with HR or change jobs for the sake of her marriage.

I think you are very wise to think ahead and consider the consequences. Here is some more of one of my favourite 1960's Czech films (although unfortunately not the bit about thinking of football to prevent premature ejaculation, I only mention this as a sop for the regret that you will feel at being unable to change the category of this thread from 'general') to underline the importance of a modicum of reserve, but you will have to lie about your age to watch it:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Here's a quandry on 11:37 - Jul 11 with 4174 viewsgiant_stow

Here's a quandry on 11:29 - Jul 11 by footers

ha!

She's married too? Blimey, so she can't just go and ditch the looser quicktime then. I feel for you - must be tough being adored like that - lots to live up to. Go easy on her and try to make sparing use of your charismatic power.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Here's a quandry on 11:40 - Jul 11 with 4151 viewshampstead_blue

Crack-on Footers, just make sure you don't blurt out the wrong name at an explosive moment........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Here's a quandry on 11:44 - Jul 11 with 4135 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:37 - Jul 11 by giant_stow

ha!

She's married too? Blimey, so she can't just go and ditch the looser quicktime then. I feel for you - must be tough being adored like that - lots to live up to. Go easy on her and try to make sparing use of your charismatic power.

Thanks, mate- very good advice. I'll see what letting the old personal hygiene standards slip will do. No doubt the pheromones will only increase the sexual tension knowing my luck.

Here's a quandry on 11:45 - Jul 11 with 4129 viewsfactual_blue

Here's a quandry on 11:17 - Jul 11 by footers

I await a mature reply.

You've wrongly used the word 'clever' in a sentence about J2.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Here's a quandry on 11:45 - Jul 11 with 4127 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:40 - Jul 11 by hampstead_blue

Crack-on Footers, just make sure you don't blurt out the wrong name at an explosive moment........

If I shout out her husband's name at the point of issue that may well even things out somehow. One to ponder, certainly...

Here's a quandry on 11:46 - Jul 11 with 4128 viewsfactual_blue

Here's a quandry on 11:37 - Jul 11 by giant_stow

ha!

'Loser', you looser.

Here's a quandry on 11:46 - Jul 11 with 4124 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:45 - Jul 11 by factual_blue

You've wrongly used the word 'clever' in a sentence about J2.

Inverted commas do all the work here, my friend.

Here's a quandry on 11:48 - Jul 11 with 4109 viewsfactual_blue

Here's a quandry on 11:46 - Jul 11 by footers

Inverted commas do all the work here, my friend.

'Fair' point.

Here's a quandry on 11:48 - Jul 11 with 4109 viewsgiant_stow

Here's a quandry on 11:46 - Jul 11 by factual_blue

'Loser', you looser.

pendant off.

Here's a quandry on 11:49 - Jul 11 with 4102 viewsPendejo

"Psychic affair"... In other words... All in your mind.

No verbal exchanges or physical contact claimed.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Here's a quandry on 11:54 - Jul 11 with 4068 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Assuming this is genuine (I have my doubts) then presumably there are ways you can steer clear of this person? After all, if you were at all interested in pursuing a married woman I assume you'd have already have done so.

I worked with a girl once who was in an unhappy relationship. She had my number, as most of us had each others numbers at work and one year after a Christmas party, where I'd never even spoke to her, she rang me after she'd got home asking if she could come to my place and telling me her boyfriend was asleep.

I declined and asked what on earth she thought she was doing. Hung up.

On the Monday morning, her bloke was waiting to punch my lights out. Fortunately I walked in with two mates which stopped it getting physical. He'd apparently woken up, heard her speaking to some bloke saying she was going to sneak round and he'd then had a row, taken her phone, saw my number.

I had literally no involvement with her ever and didn't even know she really knew of me, aside from being one of 30 people in the same office. The boyfriend started sending me threatening texts, turning up outside work, all sorts. She had told him the truth but he refused to believe I had played no part in it.

I guess if it can get that messy when you're not even aware you're involved then I dread to think what happens if you in anyway encourage it.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Here's a quandry on 11:57 - Jul 11 with 4052 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 11:54 - Jul 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Assuming this is genuine (I have my doubts) then presumably there are ways you can steer clear of this person? After all, if you were at all interested in pursuing a married woman I assume you'd have already have done so.

I worked with a girl once who was in an unhappy relationship. She had my number, as most of us had each others numbers at work and one year after a Christmas party, where I'd never even spoke to her, she rang me after she'd got home asking if she could come to my place and telling me her boyfriend was asleep.

I declined and asked what on earth she thought she was doing. Hung up.

On the Monday morning, her bloke was waiting to punch my lights out. Fortunately I walked in with two mates which stopped it getting physical. He'd apparently woken up, heard her speaking to some bloke saying she was going to sneak round and he'd then had a row, taken her phone, saw my number.

I had literally no involvement with her ever and didn't even know she really knew of me, aside from being one of 30 people in the same office. The boyfriend started sending me threatening texts, turning up outside work, all sorts. She had told him the truth but he refused to believe I had played no part in it.

I guess if it can get that messy when you're not even aware you're involved then I dread to think what happens if you in anyway encourage it.

Blimey! What happened in the end? If he refuses to believe the truth (which I can see why) then surely the situation continued?

And why do you have doubts? Are you implying I'm unattractive?

Here's a quandry on 12:30 - Jul 11 with 3989 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Here's a quandry on 11:15 - Jul 11 by footers

She is thinking of me I should imagine. I do not have a significant other so cannot cheat.

I like her a great deal but feel the odd pang of guilt when I see her mentally sizing me up.

I can only feel sorry for her, she's in for such disappointment ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Here's a quandry on 12:34 - Jul 11 with 3982 viewswkj

Here's a quandry on 11:14 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

I thought you said you were done playing games, this isn't very hospitable behavior. Disappointing.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024