Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' 09:05 - Jul 11 with 3293 viewsGeoffSentence

I watched it last night. Very enjoyable fluff, with some decent music finally performed to its best , all topped off with a some pleasant location spotting for those of us Suffolk based.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:20 - Jul 11 with 2740 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, took the wife and kids to see it last week.

Kids were fascinated by the parallel universe concept.

If I was Jack though, even after the big reveal at the end, there was still plenty of scope for him to do alright out of the situation.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:28 - Jul 11 with 2718 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:20 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, took the wife and kids to see it last week.

Kids were fascinated by the parallel universe concept.

If I was Jack though, even after the big reveal at the end, there was still plenty of scope for him to do alright out of the situation.

I thought the opposite regarding Jack's situation at the end. Given he had signed up with the record company, I thought he was in a whole world of legal shlt.

I wonder how much Suffolk County Council paid the Richard Curtis and Danny Boyle as it was, in large part, a Suffolk promotional video.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:41 - Jul 11 with 2701 viewsfactual_blue

Yes. Very enjoyable. Himesh (or Hamish as I saw in one online review) is a real talent.

Ruined for me by the Lime Street scene, in which Lily James was going to return home (Lowestoft) by going via London. Lily - there's an hourly service to Norwich from Liverpool.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:44 - Jul 11 with 2690 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:41 - Jul 11 by factual_blue

Yes. Very enjoyable. Himesh (or Hamish as I saw in one online review) is a real talent.

Ruined for me by the Lime Street scene, in which Lily James was going to return home (Lowestoft) by going via London. Lily - there's an hourly service to Norwich from Liverpool.

That exact thought struck me as well... although you can't blame her for wanting to avoid going to Norwich.
Unless you restrict yourself to the confines of the station only, so you haven't technically visited the city, in the same way as if you are catching a connecting flight at an airport.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:48 - Jul 11 with 2679 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:44 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

That exact thought struck me as well... although you can't blame her for wanting to avoid going to Norwich.
Unless you restrict yourself to the confines of the station only, so you haven't technically visited the city, in the same way as if you are catching a connecting flight at an airport.

I may pop over to Walberswick tomorrow and point this out to Richard Curtis.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 09:48 - Jul 11 with 2680 viewsGeoffSentence

Haha! Yes, I thought the same about the train service.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 10:43 - Jul 11 with 2608 viewsBent_double

Can't believe I'm saying this....but don't forget Norfolk too! They filmed in the cinema just down the road from me in Yarmouth (not sure if it made the film?), and on the beach at Gorleston.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 10:58 - Jul 11 with 2589 viewsMugwump

Maybe she was in a hurry and also fancied a decent seat. The trains are better and quicker via London.

Is the film any good or is it a bit mushy? I get the idea that it’s probably one to wait for TV and watch it after a Sunday lunch.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 11:06 - Jul 11 with 2574 viewsjaykay

but in a parallel universe the beatles and norwich or come that norfolk don't exist

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 11:09 - Jul 11 with 2563 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 10:43 - Jul 11 by Bent_double

Can't believe I'm saying this....but don't forget Norfolk too! They filmed in the cinema just down the road from me in Yarmouth (not sure if it made the film?), and on the beach at Gorleston.

friends were 'extras' in the Gorleston beach scene.

If you check out ancient maps Gorleston was once in Suffolk.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 11:47 - Jul 11 with 2515 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 10:58 - Jul 11 by Mugwump

Maybe she was in a hurry and also fancied a decent seat. The trains are better and quicker via London.

Is the film any good or is it a bit mushy? I get the idea that it’s probably one to wait for TV and watch it after a Sunday lunch.

It would take her longer to go via London and Ipswich/Norwich than direct to Norwich.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 12:12 - Jul 11 with 2477 viewsMugwump

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 11:47 - Jul 11 by factual_blue

It would take her longer to go via London and Ipswich/Norwich than direct to Norwich.

I agree, but I thought she was going to Lowestoft.

I haven’t seen the film, I just assumed her destination

Edit - I’ve just re read your post and remain confused. Where was she going?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 12:14]
Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 12:54 - Jul 11 with 2440 viewsSwansea_Blue

No

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 13:10 - Jul 11 with 2418 viewsuefacup81

I mentioned this to the other half after the film, only to get a blank look in return.

I've screenshotted this thread and sent it to her in order to prove it was a reasonable observation!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 13:23 - Jul 11 with 2391 viewsitfcjoe

Last time I checked it was cheaper and quicker to go via London

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 13:26 - Jul 11 with 2383 viewsjeera

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 13:10 - Jul 11 by uefacup81

I mentioned this to the other half after the film, only to get a blank look in return.

I've screenshotted this thread and sent it to her in order to prove it was a reasonable observation!

She was maybe slightly concerned you were being unnecessarily obsessive.

So to prove her wrong...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:15 - Jul 11 with 2325 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 10:43 - Jul 11 by Bent_double

YEah, but to my mind Gorleston, South Town and that whole area south of the Yare where it meets the Waveney, is occupied territory.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:19 - Jul 11 with 2316 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 12:54 - Jul 11 by Swansea_Blue

No

Well, if you enjoy a bit of light-hearted frippery, with a dose of decent tunes all washed down with some bits of Suffolk, then I recommend that you do.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:20 - Jul 11 with 2311 viewsMugwump

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 13:23 - Jul 11 by itfcjoe

Last time I checked it was cheaper and quicker to go via London

It’s certainly quicker if going to Lowestoft, not sure about prices.
Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:37 - Jul 11 with 2290 viewschicoazul

At one point, in a movie about the Beatles Didnt Exist, a David Bowie album falls on the floor as a character looks at LPs.
David Bowie was called David Jones but he had to adopt the stage name Bowie because there was a David Jones in the Monkees, the Monkees being effectively an American tribute/response band of...the Beatles.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 2271 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:37 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

At one point, in a movie about the Beatles Didnt Exist, a David Bowie album falls on the floor as a character looks at LPs.
David Bowie was called David Jones but he had to adopt the stage name Bowie because there was a David Jones in the Monkees, the Monkees being effectively an American tribute/response band of...the Beatles.

Good point. Though in this parallel universe they at least made sure that in the absence of The Beatles, there was no Oasis.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:46 - Jul 11 with 2263 viewschicoazul

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:44 - Jul 11 by GeoffSentence

Good point. Though in this parallel universe they at least made sure that in the absence of The Beatles, there was no Oasis.

Richard Curtis is the laziest writer in the world, nobody dares to give him script notes or anything. He lives in a private universe of privilege wealth and nostalgia.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:51 - Jul 11 with 2244 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:44 - Jul 11 by GeoffSentence

Youngest daughter thought when Jack googled "Oasis", the drink would come up.

But as Coca-Cola don't exist, and Coca-Cola own Oasis, then I guess it follows suit the Oasis drink doesn't exist either.

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:51 - Jul 11 with 2243 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:46 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

Richard Curtis is the laziest writer in the world, nobody dares to give him script notes or anything. He lives in a private universe of privilege wealth and nostalgia.

"He lives in a private universe of privilege wealth and nostalgia."

Also known as Walberswick

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:54 - Jul 11 with 2225 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone seen the film 'Yesterday' on 14:51 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

Youngest daughter thought when Jack googled "Oasis", the drink would come up.

But as Coca-Cola don't exist, and Coca-Cola own Oasis, then I guess it follows suit the Oasis drink doesn't exist either.

I didn't actually get why there was no coca-cola. Was it just another thing for the parallel universe or was there some relation to the Beatles?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024