Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vietnam 19:49 - Jul 8 with 1482 viewsEdwardF

is anybody watching (or has watched) the docu series on the Vienam war hosted on Netflix?
Just sometimes a 'look back' programme is truly incredible for all kinds of reasons and this is surely amongst the very best!

The VO script is totally on point and the footage and attention to detail is just amazing.
If this type of programme is your thing and you haven't seen it yet, then I can 100% recommend it!

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Vietnam on 20:39 - Jul 8 with 1439 viewsfactual_blue

His series on the American Civil War is excellent too. The opening story about Wilmer McLean is remarkable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmer_McLean

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Vietnam on 21:12 - Jul 8 with 1408 viewsSwansea_Blue

If military history, especially American, is your bag there’s a new book coming out about Marshall that’s meant to be very good. By David Roll I think. Supposedly it’s the first to really get to the bottom of his character from the analysis of many previously unknown/unreported letters. Maybe it’ll explain why he had a mullet when he played for us too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Vietnam on 21:15 - Jul 8 with 1400 viewsMillsey

Great programme.
Just finished Sir Max Hastings book on Vietnam - superb
Vietnam on 22:55 - Jul 8 with 1315 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. A fantastic, if at times unbearable, watch.

It was an utterly brutal war, especially because the civilians had nothing to gain whichever side won.

Pronouns: He/Him

Vietnam on 23:00 - Jul 8 with 1306 viewscaptainfantastic

Dispatches by Michael herr is a must read too

Poll: player of the season so far?

Vietnam on 21:15 - Jul 9 with 1165 viewsHipsterectomy

His documentary (also on Netflix) about American prohibition is also incredible

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Vietnam on 22:14 - Jul 9 with 1117 viewsCoastalblue

Great programme, something I was obviously aware of but actually knew very little about beyond the normal stereotype films etc. I learnt a lot.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Vietnam on 22:20 - Jul 9 with 1112 viewsDubtractor

Saw it on the beeb a couple of years ago, incredible documentary.

He also had a hand in The West, a history of the US west, which is on Netflix, which is a similarly shocking/eye opening/incredible documentary series.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Ken Burns on 22:24 - Jul 9 with 1116 viewsScottCandage

Almost every night for a decade, I've gone to sleep with one of his documentaries on in the background. It varies between Baseball, Jazz, and the Roosevelts (released last year). I love the Vietnam doc, and the Civil War remains the standard for American historical documentaries, but you can imagine that it sucks to be woken up by the Battle of Antietam or Dien Bien Phu.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024