Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good business decision to invest in the team? 18:05 - Jul 7 with 2321 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If we don't get out of this league at the 1st attempt, our Finances this time next year will be in tatters, a permanent reduction of £7M-£9M. We are getting sell-on bonuses that were not guaranteed, and thus could not have been in the budget - for Webster, Clarke & Mings.

Its obvious we need a quality central defender, and a target-man strike partner for Norwood. The central defensive options - Chambers, Nsiala and Woolf - we all know that anyone can get a red card, all you need is an injury and we are playing right backs at center back.

I think we must be pretty desperate to offload Bart from the wage bill, but Evans has got to see whether we do or don't that investing in two more quality players at a cost of maybe £1-2M would greatly increase our chances of promotion back to the Championship and must be a sound business investment.

Poll: would you rather

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 18:09 - Jul 7 with 2290 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just wait for the end of the window and see.

£1-2m for contracted players doesn't guarantee anything.

It's quite possible that investing in non contracted players is a better investment.

Judge the player on ability, not price tag.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 18:09 - Jul 7 with 2290 viewsActionMan

Yes. If we win League One and the FL Trophy the buzz around the club will be immense, ST holders will come back, people will buy the shirts, the DVD's and Championship football is worth a lot more money to use then losing in the L1 Playoffs.

I'd say if we bought just one quality Championship standard defender, maybe pay a little over the odds transfer/wage wise and another forward, even if it was having Murphy back for another season, we'd achieve promotion with ease.
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 18:11 - Jul 7 with 2282 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 18:09 - Jul 7 by ActionMan

Yes. If we win League One and the FL Trophy the buzz around the club will be immense, ST holders will come back, people will buy the shirts, the DVD's and Championship football is worth a lot more money to use then losing in the L1 Playoffs.

I'd say if we bought just one quality Championship standard defender, maybe pay a little over the odds transfer/wage wise and another forward, even if it was having Murphy back for another season, we'd achieve promotion with ease.

I could see us taking Murphy on a free and paying him a decent wage for a year.

Could see Forest releasing him for nothing to get him off the wage bill, probably need a pay off too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 18:12 - Jul 7 with 2276 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'Evans has got to see whether we do or don't that investing in two more quality players at a cost of maybe £1-2M'

Lambert said yesterday: 'no money for transfers'.
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:37 - Jul 7 with 2147 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 18:12 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

'Evans has got to see whether we do or don't that investing in two more quality players at a cost of maybe £1-2M'

Lambert said yesterday: 'no money for transfers'.

Precisely, and that is what I'm bleating about. Evans needs to decide if he is thinking long term or short term. If he wants to coin in the sell-on clause income without investing in the team, it could be a very short term strategy. If he puts a coupla mill back into the team in terms of transfers (if needed) then he may well be in a much better financial position this time next year.

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:44 - Jul 7 with 2129 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:37 - Jul 7 by LegendofthePhoenix

Precisely, and that is what I'm bleating about. Evans needs to decide if he is thinking long term or short term. If he wants to coin in the sell-on clause income without investing in the team, it could be a very short term strategy. If he puts a coupla mill back into the team in terms of transfers (if needed) then he may well be in a much better financial position this time next year.

Long term, short team......... Evans doesn't give a fook about Ipswich Town ! Are you ever going to learn?

This person is a cancer of ITFC. He will remain aloof and make occasional appearances or attempts to undertake actions when felt forced or compelled to. His next 'interview' for example after which the happy clappers will lap it up as they always do.

Even if we're in League One for years or League Two in the next few years it won't bother him one bit.
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:52 - Jul 7 with 2111 viewsArgyle_blue

Strategically good business to put the message out that you've nothing to spend and then do a bit of unexpected spending rather than announce that we are in a position to pay fees. Remember what happened when we told everyone that Keane had money to spend? Also still not clear what we will be getting from sell ons and who will be on the wage bill. I wouldn't be surprised to see a small fee paid for one or two players by the start of the season.
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:59 - Jul 7 with 2075 viewsnoggin

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:44 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Long term, short team......... Evans doesn't give a fook about Ipswich Town ! Are you ever going to learn?

This person is a cancer of ITFC. He will remain aloof and make occasional appearances or attempts to undertake actions when felt forced or compelled to. His next 'interview' for example after which the happy clappers will lap it up as they always do.

Even if we're in League One for years or League Two in the next few years it won't bother him one bit.

Where do you think we’d be without Evans?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:03 - Jul 7 with 2061 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:59 - Jul 7 by noggin

Where do you think we’d be without Evans?

Under the different owner and quite likely much more ambitious.

He certainly can do no wrong for you and few others.
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:06 - Jul 7 with 2040 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:03 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Under the different owner and quite likely much more ambitious.

He certainly can do no wrong for you and few others.

Small issue...

...no one is stupid enough to buy us!!

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:12 - Jul 7 with 2021 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:06 - Jul 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Small issue...

Your flawed logic.....because no-one is stupid enough to buy us then let's keep happily clapping anything that the club does under his tenure.

League One for the next 17 years or League Two in the next few ones.....doesn't matter ! Let's accept everything, eh? Because as you have said 'Evans is a good owner'. What a melt you are !

You said in the different thread: 'agree to differ' and all of sudden you come back to 'talk' about it.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 20:13]
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:20 - Jul 7 with 1992 viewsWickets

I think Marshall Mullet's lets wait and see , is maybe the way to go as we can all see that a decent centre back ,hopefull a big strong one, is just about a must for us to mount some sort of promotion push. Although i'm sure their is next to nothing available for fee's often managers say things that don't turn out to be quite as black and white as they seem .I am not sure he knows nothing regards OPR and Judge,although he would not want to lose one of his best and perhaps he has players in mind for the one or two additions he has suggested might need ? Time will tell.
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:31 - Jul 7 with 1972 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 19:44 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Although Evans is no doubt an ITFC fan, I agree that he is first and foremost a businessman. My point is that from a business point of view, he has to invest now to avoid bigger financial losses next year (and thereafter). The ROI is attractive - a couple of million now, with a good chance of getting an increase of £7-9M plus the increase in player valuations after promotion. Its not guaranteed, but then nothing in business is, but as a business proposition, it has to be a good punt.

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:36 - Jul 7 with 1950 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:12 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Your flawed logic.....because no-one is stupid enough to buy us then let's keep happily clapping anything that the club does under his tenure.

League One for the next 17 years or League Two in the next few ones.....doesn't matter ! Let's accept everything, eh? Because as you have said 'Evans is a good owner'. What a melt you are !

You said in the different thread: 'agree to differ' and all of sudden you come back to 'talk' about it.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 20:13]

Give it a rest bro.

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:38 - Jul 7 with 1935 viewsMrTown

Need Bart off the wage bill, put a lot of money into Judge and Norwood I feel. Need Bartosz gone before we sign anyone else.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 21:08 - Jul 7 with 1876 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:36 - Jul 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Give it a rest bro.

Give it a rest? You came back to bleat about it.

So after failing to make significant additions to the team (Evans will remain a 'good owner' as you say will he?) we may be losing to the likes of Accrington or Rochdale. What your Saturdays posts are going to be like? Let me guess. The customary Saturday ones from you that you are going to sign off, eh? Just like this below:

Enjoy the usual Saturday night meltdown numbskulls. by Marshalls_Mullet 2 Mar 2019 17:58
Signing off for tonight.

or this

Goodnight folks by Marshalls_Mullet 23 Feb 2019 16:56
Now that some posters are revelling in the lost points and laying into the team, I will take my leave of this board for the evening.

To all the sensible posters on here. Good luck if you're staying around.

or this

Layers guys and gals by Marshalls_Mullet 2 Feb 2019 17:00
Logging off for this evening, can't do with all the drama queens wetting their knickers.

Have a fun evening, and get a life.

or this

Stop bickering you lot. by Marshalls_Mullet 18 Sep 2018 20:33
Get behind the team.

Shouldn't be flouncing and bickering on the night we are supposed to be honouring The Beat.

Just tweak one of those to be 'prepared' for one of the painful defeats come August/September.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 21:10]
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 21:38 - Jul 7 with 1805 viewsblueislander

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 21:08 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

So after failing to make significant additions to the team (Evans will remain a 'good owner' as you say will he?) we may be losing to the likes of Accrington or Rochdale. What your Saturdays posts are going to be like? Let me guess. The customary Saturday ones from you that you are going to sign off, eh? Just like this below:

Enjoy the usual Saturday night meltdown numbskulls. by Marshalls_Mullet 2 Mar 2019 17:58
Signing off for tonight.

or this

Now that some posters are revelling in the lost points and laying into the team, I will take my leave of this board for the evening.

or this

Logging off for this evening, can't do with all the drama queens wetting their knickers.

or this

Get behind the team.

Shouldn't be flouncing and bickering on the night we are supposed to be honouring The Beat.

Just tweak one of those to be 'prepared' for one of the painful defeats come August/September.

What are you going to do if we win a match or two? Would that break your heart?
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 21:43 - Jul 7 with 1794 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 21:08 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Signing off for tonight.

or this

or this

or this

Get behind the team.

#stalker

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 21:52 - Jul 7 with 1771 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 21:43 - Jul 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

#stalker

7 September 2019

Rochdale 1-0 Ipswich and you are gonna tell us you sign off aren't you?
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 22:51 - Jul 7 with 1683 viewsCoastalblue

If Evans is going to stump up an extra £1-2M quid I'd much rather PL spent it on wages.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 12:26 - Jul 8 with 1511 viewsWickets

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 22:51 - Jul 7 by Coastalblue

If Evans is going to stump up an extra £1-2M quid I'd much rather PL spent it on wages.

Sounds like a play but i suppose we now need to find the free signings worth spending it on or is it back to the tryed and failed loan route ?
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 15:01 - Jul 8 with 1425 viewsrickw

Milwall wanted to renegotiate the Bart deal because of the medical but we said no, if we were desperate to get rid of him we still could - maybe we still will!

Lambert might have his eye on a couple of loan players, but will have to wait until after the PL & Champ transfer deadline

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 17:06 - Jul 8 with 1385 viewslongtimefan

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:31 - Jul 7 by LegendofthePhoenix

Although Evans is no doubt an ITFC fan, I agree that he is first and foremost a businessman. My point is that from a business point of view, he has to invest now to avoid bigger financial losses next year (and thereafter). The ROI is attractive - a couple of million now, with a good chance of getting an increase of £7-9M plus the increase in player valuations after promotion. Its not guaranteed, but then nothing in business is, but as a business proposition, it has to be a good punt.

The trouble is, getting back to the Championship doesn't really mean a ROI. All you do is end up paying players Championship wages again and you're back where you started. It's not like we made a profit every year in the Championship is it!
Good business decision to invest in the team? on 17:49 - Jul 8 with 1335 viewsMoriarty

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 18:11 - Jul 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I could see us taking Murphy on a free and paying him a decent wage for a year.

Could see Forest releasing him for nothing to get him off the wage bill, probably need a pay off too.

I doubt he would return though.

fka omuircheartaigh

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 17:55 - Jul 8 with 1328 viewsblueconscience

Good business decision to invest in the team? on 20:06 - Jul 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Small issue...

Yes, it does take a lot to be as stupid as Marcus Evans, I will give you that one.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024