Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders 13:10 - Jul 7 with 5240 viewsJ2BLUE

It seems our defence is now:

Kenlock/Nydam

Chambers/Nsiala/Woolf

Emmanuel/Donacien

I'm not going to count Nbada. Asking one young CB to step up is difficult enough. I hate having less than 8 defenders but it seems to be the Ipswich way in recent times. With Donacien and Chambers able to cover other positions and Skuse possibly covering CB if we're desperate I now have to reluctantly agree that we probably aren't bringing any more defenders in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:15 - Jul 7 with 2518 viewsblueislander

There are four weeks before the first league game, and eight weeks before the transfer window closes, so you be are being a little melodramatic. Apart from Chambers all those you mentioned should cope OK in this division, but I agree that another one or two more would provide cover.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:24]
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:17 - Jul 7 with 2505 viewsjudespiveyg

While that's a little thin in numbers, it's important that a best back four is decided upon and then stuck with. We can't afford to be chopping and changing it as much as last season.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:27 - Jul 7 with 2476 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:15 - Jul 7 by blueislander

There are four weeks before the first league game, and eight weeks before the transfer window closes, so you be are being a little melodramatic. Apart from Chambers all those you mentioned should cope OK in this division, but I agree that another one or two more would provide cover.

Melodramatic? I've been arguing we need a LB and CB and others have been saying we aren't going to get them. I'm just admitting they are likely to be rights.

It's a bit sad that any post which isn't 100% OTT positivity on here these days is called dramatic or flouncing.

Truly impaired.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:31 - Jul 7 with 2463 viewsTrequartista

I can confidently predict that we're not going to be promoted with that defence.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:34 - Jul 7 with 2443 viewswkj

If we get players on the back we best hope there are some good loanees in the works.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:51 - Jul 7 with 2397 viewsblueislander

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:27 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

Melodramatic? I've been arguing we need a LB and CB and others have been saying we aren't going to get them. I'm just admitting they are likely to be rights.

It's a bit sad that any post which isn't 100% OTT positivity on here these days is called dramatic or flouncing.

The melodrama I perceived in your post was that with eight weeks left to sign someone you have conceded that we are not going to.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:53 - Jul 7 with 2389 viewsblueislander

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:34 - Jul 7 by wkj

If we get players on the back we best hope there are some good loanees in the works.

Can you please explain what you mean in that post?
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:54 - Jul 7 with 2385 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:51 - Jul 7 by blueislander

The melodrama I perceived in your post was that with eight weeks left to sign someone you have conceded that we are not going to.

Based on Lambert playing Nydam at LB and recent years where we've had three CBs much of the time.

If we do get defensive additions it will be a massive bonus.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:03 - Jul 7 with 2360 viewswkj

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:53 - Jul 7 by blueislander

Can you please explain what you mean in that post?

Apologies, Meaning if we do get some players in the back line, hopefully they will be good loans (on the assumption we do not sign anyone on permanently).l The word "if" remains constant between this and the former post.

Crybaby

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:05 - Jul 7 with 2347 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:03 - Jul 7 by wkj

Apologies, Meaning if we do get some players in the back line, hopefully they will be good loans (on the assumption we do not sign anyone on permanently).l The word "if" remains constant between this and the former post.

I'm not sure we'll get many loans after everything Lambert has said about loans and how many good young players we have.

I could see one striker loan to cover Sears but part from that and possibly a winger I can't see too much happening there.

Truly impaired.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:14 - Jul 7 with 2315 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:05 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

I'm not sure we'll get many loans after everything Lambert has said about loans and how many good young players we have.

I could see one striker loan to cover Sears but part from that and possibly a winger I can't see too much happening there.

I could see 3 loanee
Defender midfield and striker

Plus 1 freebie
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:17 - Jul 7 with 2298 viewswkj

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:14 - Jul 7 by BtreeBlueBlood

I could see 3 loanee

Plus 1 freebie

I wish I shared your optimism, as J2 and I just mused, there is a big if around loanees.

Crybaby

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:23 - Jul 7 with 2293 viewsElderGrizzly

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:15 - Jul 7 by blueislander

The transfer window effectively ends on the 8th August for us too, as PL and Championship clubs can’t let players out after those dates.

We can bring in people up until 2nd September, but no loans from those top two divisions after the 8th August
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:28 - Jul 7 with 2281 viewsblueislander

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:14 - Jul 7 by BtreeBlueBlood

I could see 3 loanee

Plus 1 freebie

“Midfielder” ? I would imagine that we may actually let one or two of the younger midfielders go out on loan, rather than sign any more.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:30 - Jul 7 with 2270 viewstractorboy1978

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:05 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

I think we are short defensively but we are really short up top. We finished the season with:

Harrison, Jackson, Quaner, Keane, Sears

We now have:

Norwood, Jackson, Sears (he's out until Xmas).

I think we need two personally, one of which can also play wide.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:36 - Jul 7 with 2230 viewsBlueBadger

There'll be at least one last second panic loan and one old crock who's been 'training' with us, I reckon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:37 - Jul 7 with 2227 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:30 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

I think we are short defensively but we are really short up top. We finished the season with:

Harrison, Jackson, Quaner, Keane, Sears

We now have:

Norwood, Jackson, Sears (he's out until Xmas).

I think we need two personally, one of which can also play wide.

We could have had three but we sold Harrison. We can't even use meagre 450k from the Harrison transfer as 'THERE WILL BE NO MONEY TO SPEND' as Lambert says. And some people still lick Evans' arse.

Now we have to find some freebie. It is stupendous.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:37 - Jul 7 with 2220 viewsBlueBadger

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:27 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

GIVE ME 100 POINTS AND 100 GOALS OR GIVE ME DEATH

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:37 - Jul 7 with 2220 viewswkj

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:36 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

There'll be at least one last second panic loan and one old crock who's been 'training' with us, I reckon.

, Prickles

Crybaby

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:40 - Jul 7 with 2208 viewsBlueBadger

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:51 - Jul 7 by blueislander

We are still in the 'we'd like to get players in before pre-season' stage of the Banter Era transfer window. The traditional ITFC transfer summer has yet to reach 'linked with loads, are genuinely chasing some of them, sign maybe one' before the final stage of 'last minute loans and bozarre panic freebies'.

We've all been here before.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 2208 viewstractorboy1978

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:37 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

We could have had three but we sold Harrison. We can't even use meagre 450k from the Harrison transfer as 'THERE WILL BE NO MONEY TO SPEND' as Lambert says. And some people still lick Evans' arse.

Now we have to find some freebie. It is stupendous.

No problem with frees if they are of the right quality. We need a couple of bodies though.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:42 - Jul 7 with 2199 viewsBlueBadger

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 13:54 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

Based on Lambert playing Nydam at LB and recent years where we've had three CBs much of the time.

If we do get defensive additions it will be a massive bonus.

Particularly given that Chambers is starting to knock on a bit now, Nsiala is rubbis....sorry, 'proven in the third division' and the two youngsters are broadly unproven.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 14:42]

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:44 - Jul 7 with 2181 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:41 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

No problem with frees if they are of the right quality. We need a couple of bodies though.

The quality mostly cost though.

And we need a quality. Not just 'bodies'.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:45 - Jul 7 with 2175 viewsBLUEBEAT

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:42 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Particularly given that Chambers is starting to knock on a bit now, Nsiala is rubbis....sorry, 'proven in the third division' and the two youngsters are broadly unproven.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 14:42]

Nsiala made good progress towards end of season, after Pennington’s injury and a regular place in the starting eleven.

The final game, against Leeds, he was very impressive.

Hope is there.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 14:46]

Poll: W or W

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:55 - Jul 7 with 2144 viewsMrTown

It is concerning at the moment, whilst you rightly point out that there remains some time before kick-off and some way before transfer deadline.

My fear is that options are becoming limited, we operate within such a niche, no money for fees, limited wage budget after Judge and Norwood as well as Bart still on the books, options are becoming so so limited within the market.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024