Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat 12:33 - Jul 7 with 1894 viewsFacefacts

Pathetic 'living in the past' idea. Wouldn't have wanted it. Look to the future, give it to the Woolf.
Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 14:27 - Jul 7 with 1774 viewsFreddies_Ears

How great it would be, one day, to have a player who could, in some way, be compared to the Beat... And deserving to wear his shirt...
Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 14:40 - Jul 7 with 1733 viewswkj

Not being facetious but is this actually being suggested?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:03 - Jul 7 with 1694 viewsBlueBadger

Your username is very ironic considering you're flapping about something which no-one has suggested is going to happen.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 19:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:05 - Jul 7 with 1685 viewstextbackup

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:03 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Your username is very ironic considering you're flapping about something which no-one has suggested is going to happen.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 19:16]

its been suggested on twitter, so hes not just made it up in his own head

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:07 - Jul 7 with 1680 viewsBlueBadger

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:05 - Jul 7 by textbackup

its been suggested on twitter, so hes not just made it up in his own head

So, he's flapping about something that someone else has made up?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:12 - Jul 7 with 1674 viewstextbackup

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:07 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

So, he's flapping about something that someone else has made up?

you said "something which no-one has suggested".... someone has suggested it, just pointing that out to you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:18 - Jul 7 with 1659 viewsBlueBadger

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:12 - Jul 7 by textbackup

you said "something which no-one has suggested".... someone has suggested it, just pointing that out to you

Alright, Picky Mc Nitpick.

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:22 - Jul 7 with 1645 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree.

Maybe limit it's use, so that it has to be earned, but I'm against retiring shirts.

Am sure KB would rather have seen players wearing it with pride.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:28 - Jul 7 with 1628 viewsSitfcB

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 14:40 - Jul 7 by wkj

Not being facetious but is this actually being suggested?

Yes.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That boy will do anything.... on 15:55 - Jul 7 with 1569 viewsBloots

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 15:28 - Jul 7 by SitfcB

Yes.

….to get a bit of attention.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 17:38 - Jul 7 with 1468 viewsFifeITFC

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 14:27 - Jul 7 by Freddies_Ears

How great it would be, one day, to have a player who could, in some way, be compared to the Beat... And deserving to wear his shirt...

Terry Butcher gets my vote there, no?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 19:24 - Jul 7 with 1373 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes.

Such a stupid idea. I’m not against retiring shirt numbers in general but it doesn’t work 35-odd years after the event - do you just erase from history everyone who has worn it since?

Much more fitting to reserve its use solely by a homegrown player IMO

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 19:25 - Jul 7 with 1372 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 14:27 - Jul 7 by Freddies_Ears

I would retire 1 to 11 inclusive in respect to our greatest side in 1981. Only bring these numbers out of retirement if or when we make it back to the Premier League.
Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 19:42 - Jul 7 with 1342 viewsRadlett_blue

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 19:24 - Jul 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Such a stupid idea. I’m not against retiring shirt numbers in general but it doesn’t work 35-odd years after the event - do you just erase from history everyone who has worn it since?

Much more fitting to reserve its use solely by a homegrown player IMO

Retiring shirt numbers is an American thing that IMO does not fit well with football, especially as I prefer to see teams numbered from 1-11. OK, it's a squad game now, but why should any player in a 25 man PL squad have a number higher than 25?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 19:48 - Jul 7 with 1331 viewsSuperblue95

Yes.

I think now would be a perfect time to sign a competent defender who the shirt can be given to

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 20:12 - Jul 7 with 1283 viewsActionMan

Yes.

Maybe we should retire all the squad numbers used by the 1st team last season as i'd hope we'd never sink so low again!!!
Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 20:16 - Jul 7 with 1273 viewsPJH

Do not retire the No. 6 shirt for The Beat on 19:25 - Jul 7 by muhrensleftfoot

I would retire 1 to 11 inclusive in respect to our greatest side in 1981. Only bring these numbers out of retirement if or when we make it back to the Premier League.

But as that was about a decade before squad numbers came into being all teams were numbered 1 to 11 both then and before and after although not sure in exactly which season our goalkeeper first had a number on his jersey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024