Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour supporters racism #5647863 21:34 - Jul 4 with 9545 viewsBloomBlue

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/row-over-bullying-of-pregnant-labour-mp
Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:43 - Jul 6 with 2069 viewslowhouseblue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:29 - Jul 6 by Darth_Koont

I have noticed the marked increase in allegations of racism on Corbyn's watch.

I have also noticed a complete inability for people to show how many of the high-profile incidents were antisemitic. But then just repeat the accusation as if that's enough.

deny. excuse. justify. repeat.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:45 - Jul 6 with 2068 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:43 - Jul 6 by lowhouseblue

deny. excuse. justify. repeat.

Harsh on Chomsky.

Maybe you should listen to what people are saying and take on board contradictory evidence rather than just falling further into your "psychosis"?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 10:46]

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:51 - Jul 6 with 2053 viewsjimmyvet

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:29 - Jul 6 by Darth_Koont

I have noticed the marked increase in allegations of racism on Corbyn's watch.

I have also noticed a complete inability for people to show how many of the high-profile incidents were antisemitic. But then just repeat the accusation as if that's enough.

I don’t think quoting this loon with almost zero credibility is a great defence DK seriously you are desperate holed up in a corner that you have created for your self it’s desperate stuff.
Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:54 - Jul 6 with 2045 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:51 - Jul 6 by jimmyvet

I don’t think quoting this loon with almost zero credibility is a great defence DK seriously you are desperate holed up in a corner that you have created for your self it’s desperate stuff.

Jimmyvet calls Chomsky a loon......the world really is fooked.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:55 - Jul 6 with 2044 viewsDarth_Koont

No corner at all.

The corner is where people can't address evidence because it won't fit their argument or match their extreme position.

Seem to be a few of you trapped in there.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:57 - Jul 6 with 2037 viewsGlasgowBlue

This would be the same Chomsky who signed a petition in support of the Holocaust denier Robert Faurisson & wrote that Faurisson was not antisemitic but rather a "relatively apolitical liberal".

The same Chomsky who also said that he saw "no hint of anti-Semitic implications in Faurisson's work", although Faurisson claimed that Jews were responsible for WW2 and that no Jews were gassed at death camps.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:01 - Jul 6 with 2031 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:55 - Jul 6 by Darth_Koont

No corner at all.

The corner is where people can't address evidence because it won't fit their argument or match their extreme position.

Seem to be a few of you trapped in there.

Chomsky was making a straw man argument regarding Williamson. He wasn't suspended for saying Labour had been too apologetic. He was suspended for a "pattern of behavior" (Labour's words)

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/chris-williamson-labour-mp-antisemitism-antis

Here is his pattern of behavior btw. This is the constant Jew baiting you are defending.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 11:07]

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:14 - Jul 6 with 2015 viewsjimmyvet

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:54 - Jul 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Jimmyvet calls Chomsky a loon......the world really is fooked.

I don’t think I am alone !
Login to get fewer ads

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:15 - Jul 6 with 2009 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:57 - Jul 6 by GlasgowBlue

This would be the same Chomsky who signed a petition in support of the Holocaust denier Robert Faurisson & wrote that Faurisson was not antisemitic but rather a "relatively apolitical liberal".

The same Chomsky who also said that he saw "no hint of anti-Semitic implications in Faurisson's work", although Faurisson claimed that Jews were responsible for WW2 and that no Jews were gassed at death camps.

Here's some views on that:

Chomsky's biographers have expressed a range of views on the Faurisson affair. In Chomsky: Ideas and ideals, Neil Smith writes: 'Chomsky should perhaps have foreseen the negative effect of his activity and refrained from writing the way he did. Perhaps, but on balance perhaps not. Even had he seen the furore which would erupt and the degree that would ensue, the moral doctrine of defending freedom of speech is probably higher.'[14]

In Noam Chomsky: A life of dissent, Robert Barsky says 'Chomsky's tactics may not always be the most appropriate in light of the causes that he supports but the values transmitted by his work are, according to virtually any reasonable measure, consistent with those of the libertarians.' Barsky also points out that although the Faurisson affair 'has had a harmful and lasting effect on Chomsky … Chomsky has refused to back down on the issue, even refusing to admit a momentary lack of judgment.'[15]

Two other biographers, Milan Rai and Chris Knight, both refer to the Faurisson affair in the context of Chomsky's uncompromising support for academic freedom for everyone including 'war criminals'. In Chomsky's Politics, Milan Rai quotes Chomsky saying that he even 'supported the rights of American war criminals not only to speak and teach but also to conduct their research, on grounds of academic freedom, at a time when their work was being used to murder and destroy.'[16]

In Decoding Chomsky, Chris Knight refers to Chomsky's 1969 threat to 'protest publicly' if fellow MIT academic, Walt Rostow, was denied a position at the university. Chomsky certainly saw Rostow, a prime architect of the Vietnam War, as a 'war criminal'. Yet he insisted that MIT must stick to its principles of academic freedom - principles expressed when MIT's President Johnson stated that the university should be a 'refuge from the censor, where any individual can pursue truth as he sees it, without any interference.'[17]

Howard Johnson's motivation for talking about academic freedom at this time of anti-war student unrest was largely to prevent any interference with MIT's various military-funded research laboratories. But, Knight claims, Chomsky also felt he had to extend the principle of academic freedom to unusual lengths because any 'less libertarian policy might have undermined his own conflicted position as an anti-war campaigner working in a laboratory funded by the US military.' Knight concludes that Chomsky's subsequent position on Faurisson 'did not imply any sympathy towards Holocaust denial. It was simply a logical extension of a principle common to all Western universities — one which his management at MIT felt obliged to uphold with special tenacity in view of what its own researchers were doing.'[18]

You should have been a sub-editor for the Daily Mail, GB

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:17 - Jul 6 with 1995 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:15 - Jul 6 by Darth_Koont

Here's some views on that:

Chomsky's biographers have expressed a range of views on the Faurisson affair. In Chomsky: Ideas and ideals, Neil Smith writes: 'Chomsky should perhaps have foreseen the negative effect of his activity and refrained from writing the way he did. Perhaps, but on balance perhaps not. Even had he seen the furore which would erupt and the degree that would ensue, the moral doctrine of defending freedom of speech is probably higher.'[14]

In Noam Chomsky: A life of dissent, Robert Barsky says 'Chomsky's tactics may not always be the most appropriate in light of the causes that he supports but the values transmitted by his work are, according to virtually any reasonable measure, consistent with those of the libertarians.' Barsky also points out that although the Faurisson affair 'has had a harmful and lasting effect on Chomsky … Chomsky has refused to back down on the issue, even refusing to admit a momentary lack of judgment.'[15]

Two other biographers, Milan Rai and Chris Knight, both refer to the Faurisson affair in the context of Chomsky's uncompromising support for academic freedom for everyone including 'war criminals'. In Chomsky's Politics, Milan Rai quotes Chomsky saying that he even 'supported the rights of American war criminals not only to speak and teach but also to conduct their research, on grounds of academic freedom, at a time when their work was being used to murder and destroy.'[16]

In Decoding Chomsky, Chris Knight refers to Chomsky's 1969 threat to 'protest publicly' if fellow MIT academic, Walt Rostow, was denied a position at the university. Chomsky certainly saw Rostow, a prime architect of the Vietnam War, as a 'war criminal'. Yet he insisted that MIT must stick to its principles of academic freedom - principles expressed when MIT's President Johnson stated that the university should be a 'refuge from the censor, where any individual can pursue truth as he sees it, without any interference.'[17]

Howard Johnson's motivation for talking about academic freedom at this time of anti-war student unrest was largely to prevent any interference with MIT's various military-funded research laboratories. But, Knight claims, Chomsky also felt he had to extend the principle of academic freedom to unusual lengths because any 'less libertarian policy might have undermined his own conflicted position as an anti-war campaigner working in a laboratory funded by the US military.' Knight concludes that Chomsky's subsequent position on Faurisson 'did not imply any sympathy towards Holocaust denial. It was simply a logical extension of a principle common to all Western universities — one which his management at MIT felt obliged to uphold with special tenacity in view of what its own researchers were doing.'[18]

You should have been a sub-editor for the Daily Mail, GB

You could have just linked the wiki article rather than copy and pasting it.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:24 - Jul 6 with 1983 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:14 - Jul 6 by jimmyvet

I don’t think I am alone !

Who are your intellectual icons?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:24 - Jul 6 with 1983 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:01 - Jul 6 by GlasgowBlue

Chomsky was making a straw man argument regarding Williamson. He wasn't suspended for saying Labour had been too apologetic. He was suspended for a "pattern of behavior" (Labour's words)

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/chris-williamson-labour-mp-antisemitism-antis

Here is his pattern of behavior btw. This is the constant Jew baiting you are defending.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 11:07]

Chomsky didn't say he wasn't. But he looked at one piece of behavior and debunked it.

We can do exactly the same for his other behavior if you want, from supporting Jewish Jackie Walker and showing her film along with the Jewish Voice for Labour and so on.

Or we can go with the editorialized "Jew-baiting" version of this which always denies the Jewishness of the people he supports.

Why can you never address the sizable number of Jews who wholeheartedly disagree with your take and are tired of people like you getting them mixed up in your political battle? These are committed antiracists for the most part, not entry-level opportunists like you.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:25 - Jul 6 with 1978 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:17 - Jul 6 by GlasgowBlue

You could have just linked the wiki article rather than copy and pasting it.

You don't click links, remember?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:12 - Jul 7 with 1883 viewsGlasgowBlue

We can add rank hypocrisy to the racism.

Just a year ago Corbyn announced Labour would legislate to stop the use of NDAs by employers to hide acts of discrimination, victimisation etc and protect whistleblowers. Now Labour are using NDA’s to cover up their own racism.

Call me a cynic but with the Panorama antisemitism expose airing on Wednesday night, what’s the betting that Jezza announces he’s backing a second referendum and campaigning to remain as a diversion to kill the front pages of the Daily papers?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 10:18]

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:16 - Jul 7 with 1875 viewsStokieBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:12 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

Just a year ago Corbyn announced Labour would legislate to stop the use of NDAs by employers to hide acts of discrimination, victimisation etc and protect whistleblowers. Now Labour are using NDA’s to cover up their own racism.

Call me a cynic but with the Panorama antisemitism expose airing on Wednesday night, what’s the betting that Jezza announces he’s backing a second referendum and campaigning to remain as a diversion to kill the front pages of the Daily papers?

That is a rather remarkable position to take given JC's previous comments on NDAs and free speech.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:37 - Jul 7 with 1851 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:12 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

What was the date on that? This is a couple of months old at the same time as the original compliance "scoop".

And if you read the letter, there is no non-disclosure enforcement. They're saying that this is spreading malicious gossip with regard to others' confidentiality.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 1840 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:16 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

That is a rather remarkable position to take given JC's previous comments on NDAs and free speech.

SB

Indeed. Looks like Seamus or Katie Murphy will be thrown under a bus this week in order to protect Corbyn.

It’s like the last days of Stalin.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:50 - Jul 7 with 1834 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:46 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Looks like Seamus or Katie Murphy will be thrown under a bus this week in order to protect Corbyn.

It’s like the last days of Stalin.

Yep, just like that!

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:51 - Jul 7 with 1829 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:37 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

What was the date on that? This is a couple of months old at the same time as the original compliance "scoop".

And if you read the letter, there is no non-disclosure enforcement. They're saying that this is spreading malicious gossip with regard to others' confidentiality.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:54 - Jul 7 with 1823 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:51 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

You didn't answer. As per.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:42 - Jul 7 with 1743 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 10:54 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

You didn't answer. As per.

Barry Gardiner said in SN today that the Carter Ruck letter directly relates to the Panorama Investigation, which he says “has not been balanced and impartial” and people “involved in the NDAs” have “selectively” used correspondence. The Panorama investigation is about antisemitism, not “malicious gossip“.

The Carter Ruck letter doesn’t mention Panorama. It says explicitly that it isn’t about antisemitism and yet it gives a specific example from March 2019 which is about Derek Hatton , which oddly enough was about antisemitism.

Why is the above point re Hatton and the Barry Gardiner interview important? Because it could amount to unlawful victimisation, where a former member of staff is put at a disadvantage (e.g. receiving a cease and disaster letter from Carter Ruck) for making a protected disclosure, i.e. equalities whistleblowing.

So if you read the Carter Ruck the letter in the context of the Gardiner interview and the Tom Watson intervention then it's clear enough that the letter covers a whole range of disclosures which Sam Matthews may have made, many of which will have been about antisemitism.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I’m going for a swim.

No doubt you will disagree with that analysis and continue to defend the indefensible when all those* around you have long since departed from doing so.

*Banksy and footers excepted. Although Banksy sounds like his heart isn’t really in it anymore and Footers has resorted to “yeah but what about Boris” whatabouterry line of defence.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 11:42]

Iron Lion Zion

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:46 - Jul 7 with 1734 viewsfooters

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:42 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

Barry Gardiner said in SN today that the Carter Ruck letter directly relates to the Panorama Investigation, which he says “has not been balanced and impartial” and people “involved in the NDAs” have “selectively” used correspondence. The Panorama investigation is about antisemitism, not “malicious gossip“.

The Carter Ruck letter doesn’t mention Panorama. It says explicitly that it isn’t about antisemitism and yet it gives a specific example from March 2019 which is about Derek Hatton , which oddly enough was about antisemitism.

Why is the above point re Hatton and the Barry Gardiner interview important? Because it could amount to unlawful victimisation, where a former member of staff is put at a disadvantage (e.g. receiving a cease and disaster letter from Carter Ruck) for making a protected disclosure, i.e. equalities whistleblowing.

So if you read the Carter Ruck the letter in the context of the Gardiner interview and the Tom Watson intervention then it's clear enough that the letter covers a whole range of disclosures which Sam Matthews may have made, many of which will have been about antisemitism.

No doubt you will disagree with that analysis and continue to defend the indefensible when all those* around you have long since departed from doing so.

*Banksy and footers excepted. Although Banksy sounds like his heart isn’t really in it anymore and Footers has resorted to “yeah but what about Boris” whatabouterry line of defence.

Thanks for the name-check. I can't really be arsed to participate in your latest save of Virtual Backbencher 2019 anymore.

Needless to say, I hope those in power read your powerful posts on a provincial football forum and take immediate action.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:56 - Jul 7 with 1715 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I am setting up a new business at the moment, working 28 hours a day.
Like Footers a mixture of can't be arsed to waste virtual breath and an achy texting finger has played a part.

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:57 - Jul 7 with 1710 viewsfooters

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:56 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

I am setting up a new business at the moment, working 28 hours a day.
Like Footers a mixture of can't be arsed to waste virtual breath and an achy texting finger has played a part.

You work 28 hours a day? Now that's what I call dedication! Go, Bankster!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour supporters racism #5647863 on 11:58 - Jul 7 with 1705 viewsDarth_Koont

Wafflicious.

What you fail to address is that, as Gardiner says, it is because it affects the privacy and confidentiality rights of those involved, which is a separate matter from the antisemitic investigations themselves.

The rest of your assertion insinuating cover-ups of unlawful victimisation and gagging genuine whistleblowers is sheer speculation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024