Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
29 years ago today. 19:48 - Jul 4 with 1242 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

29 years ago today. on 20:18 - Jul 4 with 1183 viewsbluelagos

My first world cup :-)

This was before England fans travelled in their thousands. Maybe 2k in the stadium, way more German fans. £35 I paid for my ticket, first world cup with the Emgland Travel club or whatever it was called.

FSA were there and they did a 3 Lions mag, at a time when fans were treated like sh1t by the authorities. Hooliganism was a constant undercurrent but Italia90 is often recognised as when the English football became fashionable again.

Somewhere on youtube there's a clip of me on a documentary of the tournament :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

29 years ago today. on 20:28 - Jul 4 with 1152 viewsFtnfwest

The biggest game I’ve seen to date, and yes I did see the F.A. Cup and UEFA Cup finals. But globally this meant a huge amount. Somehow the whole thing was just so much more epic than last year (although I did enjoy that greatly). Maybe it was because of Sir Bob and Gazza at his peak but ultimately I guess it was just the footballing event of my time as I was in my twenties then.
29 years ago today. on 10:34 - Jul 5 with 1031 viewsBluespeed225

29 years ago today. on 20:18 - Jul 4 by bluelagos

My first world cup :-)

This was before England fans travelled in their thousands. Maybe 2k in the stadium, way more German fans. £35 I paid for my ticket, first world cup with the Emgland Travel club or whatever it was called.

FSA were there and they did a 3 Lions mag, at a time when fans were treated like sh1t by the authorities. Hooliganism was a constant undercurrent but Italia90 is often recognised as when the English football became fashionable again.

Somewhere on youtube there's a clip of me on a documentary of the tournament :-)

Yup, some clever marketing men saw the nation get involved in the drama, Gazza etc, and thought, 'If we can market this thing to a different demographic, well....'
I just think back to that summer and get the footy, Sir Bob, Raves, Madchester, my metalflake Lambretta GP, Ibiza, low expectations for the incoming John Lyall, and get a warm glow. TWTD!
29 years ago today. on 10:47 - Jul 5 with 1008 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I remember absolutely everything about the build up to that game as if it was yesterday.

Where I watched it, who I was with, what I ate. It should have been us. We were the best side on the night. It just wouldn't happen for us.

Talk about luck. Waddle hits the post, Waddle almost scores from the centre circle and their goal coming from a ludicrous deflection that looped into the only place it would beat Shilton. :(

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

29 years ago today. on 10:50 - Jul 5 with 999 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wow, where does the time go. 29 years ago, and only about 4-5 of them have been any good. Ah well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

29 years ago today. on 11:26 - Jul 5 with 968 viewsCoastalblue

I watched most of that world cup in the local pub with my new grrlfriend, let's just say that punching above my weight doesn't even come close.

An amazing summer all round, I watched one of the games from Le Mans too where Jaguar came first and second.

Makes me realise how mundane my life has become now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024