Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Mayor 10:11 - Jun 27 with 5378 viewsMrTown

A superb footballer, would be a hell of a signing. Watched him on Sky Sports and he was superb, far to good for League 2.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Danny Mayor on 10:12 - Jun 27 with 5361 viewsKieran_Knows

Would be a decent signing, but I reckon he will end up at Plymouth with Ryan Lowe again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Danny Mayor on 10:14 - Jun 27 with 5336 viewsWestcountryblue

Danny Mayor on 10:12 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

Would be a decent signing, but I reckon he will end up at Plymouth with Ryan Lowe again.

Surely we will be able to financially out muscle a league two side !
Danny Mayor on 10:16 - Jun 27 with 5313 viewstextbackup

Danny Mayor on 10:14 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

lol if we cant

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Danny Mayor on 10:21 - Jun 27 with 5261 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Mayor on 10:14 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

I was thinking more that he might want to team up with Ryan Lowe again.

Danny Mayor on 10:23 - Jun 27 with 5238 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Mayor on 10:21 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

I was thinking more that he might want to team up with Ryan Lowe again.

If he’s got out of the building yesterday without signing then they don’t have that advantage

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Mayor on 10:25 - Jun 27 with 5218 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Mayor on 10:23 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

If he’s got out of the building yesterday without signing then they don’t have that advantage

True.

Danny Mayor on 10:27 - Jun 27 with 5204 viewsrickw

I didn't know anything about him, but he looks like a skillfull winger, was on the 3 man shortlist for L2 player of the season, missing out to Norwood - looks like he'd be a good signing for any L1 club!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Danny Mayor on 10:29 - Jun 27 with 5180 viewstextbackup

Danny Mayor on 10:23 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

Maybe he got the nod that we wanted a chat...
no offence to Plymouth but we must have a slight advantage over them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Mayor on 10:40 - Jun 27 with 5083 viewsNazemariner

Skillful winger. Right footer playing on the left if i'm not mistaken???
Danny Mayor on 21:57 - Jun 27 with 4546 viewsKeaneish

Danny Mayor on 10:40 - Jun 27 by Nazemariner

Skillful winger. Right footer playing on the left if i'm not mistaken???

Can he whip a ball in with his left is the question. Bit limited at a higher level of not.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Danny Mayor on 08:55 - Jun 28 with 4061 viewsitfc48

Danny Mayor on 10:29 - Jun 27 by textbackup

Maybe he got the nod that we wanted a chat...
no offence to Plymouth but we must have a slight advantage over them

I don't think he'll sign for either of us. I think he'll want to stay close to home in the north from the bits and pieces I've read.
Danny Mayor on 09:07 - Jun 28 with 4011 viewsGooders7592

Danny Mayor on 08:55 - Jun 28 by itfc48

I don't think he'll sign for either of us. I think he'll want to stay close to home in the north from the bits and pieces I've read.

Money talks. If we offered Norwood a good financial package to move from Tranmere surely the same for Mayor?
These players won't be millionaires. A good signing on fee and a couple of grand more a week would turn heads I'd have thought
Danny Mayor on 09:23 - Jun 28 with 3926 viewsitfc48

Danny Mayor on 09:07 - Jun 28 by Gooders7592

Money talks. If we offered Norwood a good financial package to move from Tranmere surely the same for Mayor?
These players won't be millionaires. A good signing on fee and a couple of grand more a week would turn heads I'd have thought

True but there is still the odd footballer who values his happiness and family over money and I think this guy is one of them.
Danny Mayor on 09:23 - Jun 28 with 3926 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I would suggest that we will get him, unless an equally sized club comes in.

Whilst it does sound like a lot of it will come down to his family and they are settled in the North West, he was prepared to go to Plymouth to speak with them on the basis of his relationship with Ryan Lowe. That's nowhere near the North West, so I cannot imagine he'd have entertained both dropping down to League Two and the financial position that comes with, and moving away from his family or moving them away, if they were not prepared to do so.

This suggests that he's willing to make a move and at 28, with one big contract likely, we will be offering three or four times what Plymouth will do.

He may well see himself being the star for a League Two club or a regular for another League One club. But given our situation, we are not blessed with left sided players and he must see himself having a good chance of being a regular for us.

The visits here and at Plymouth clearly don't suggest he's adverse to moving. Ultimately he may do what's right for his family, presumably a very young one if he's got kids, but he's been on £1,000 a week for most of his career and he's suddenly got the chance to earn more here over 3 years than he would have done in the previous 10 or 12.

At this level that's got to be a huge consideration, not to mention the fact we will be a bigger club than most of the other suitors.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Danny Mayor on 10:09 - Jun 28 with 3820 viewsRadlett_blue

Danny Mayor on 21:57 - Jun 27 by Keaneish

Can he whip a ball in with his left is the question. Bit limited at a higher level of not.

A player who will be 29 soon & spent most of his career in the lower leagues. If he was really good, you'd think he would have been playing at a higher level. Hard to imagine that he would be an upgrade on Danny Rowe.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Danny Mayor on 10:11 - Jun 28 with 3804 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Mayor on 10:09 - Jun 28 by Radlett_blue

A player who will be 29 soon & spent most of his career in the lower leagues. If he was really good, you'd think he would have been playing at a higher level. Hard to imagine that he would be an upgrade on Danny Rowe.

What has Danny Rowe done to suggest he's a good player at League 1 level? He's been here 2 and a half years (coming from non-league), with a year of that being spent out on loan at Lincoln (across 2 spells), in the National League & League 2 with the other 18 months spent here either injured, or out of favour (under 3 different managers).

Danny Mayor on 10:14 - Jun 28 with 3785 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Danny Mayor on 10:09 - Jun 28 by Radlett_blue

How is it hard to imagine?

Rowe was on loan at Lincoln, promoted from League Two last year. 29 games. 5 goals. Lincoln fans thought he did well.

Mayor was at Bury, promoted from League Two last year. 39 games. 10 goals. Bury fans idolise him and thought he was phenomenal.

Mayor scored twice as many goals and provided twice as many assists as Rowe, playing only a third games more.

They are the same age.

On paper, Mayor does look like an upgrade on Danny Rowe. So not sure why it's hard to imagine.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Danny Mayor on 10:26 - Jun 28 with 3739 viewsportmanking

Danny Mayor on 10:14 - Jun 28 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Rowe was on loan at Lincoln, promoted from League Two last year. 29 games. 5 goals. Lincoln fans thought he did well.

Mayor was at Bury, promoted from League Two last year. 39 games. 10 goals. Bury fans idolise him and thought he was phenomenal.

Mayor scored twice as many goals and provided twice as many assists as Rowe, playing only a third games more.

They are the same age.

On paper, Mayor does look like an upgrade on Danny Rowe. So not sure why it's hard to imagine.

Nice one, cheers for the insight, Dan.
Danny Mayor on 11:05 - Jun 28 with 3667 viewsPJH

Danny Mayor on 10:14 - Jun 28 by WarkTheWarkITFC

They are the same age.

Actually Danny Mayor is the best part of two years older than Danny Rowe unless one or both of their wiki pages are wrong although we established once before that you do not mean what you post literally.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 11:10]
Danny Mayor on 11:08 - Jun 28 with 3656 viewsGooders7592

Danny Mayor on 09:23 - Jun 28 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I would suggest that we will get him, unless an equally sized club comes in.

Whilst it does sound like a lot of it will come down to his family and they are settled in the North West, he was prepared to go to Plymouth to speak with them on the basis of his relationship with Ryan Lowe. That's nowhere near the North West, so I cannot imagine he'd have entertained both dropping down to League Two and the financial position that comes with, and moving away from his family or moving them away, if they were not prepared to do so.

This suggests that he's willing to make a move and at 28, with one big contract likely, we will be offering three or four times what Plymouth will do.

He may well see himself being the star for a League Two club or a regular for another League One club. But given our situation, we are not blessed with left sided players and he must see himself having a good chance of being a regular for us.

The visits here and at Plymouth clearly don't suggest he's adverse to moving. Ultimately he may do what's right for his family, presumably a very young one if he's got kids, but he's been on £1,000 a week for most of his career and he's suddenly got the chance to earn more here over 3 years than he would have done in the previous 10 or 12.

At this level that's got to be a huge consideration, not to mention the fact we will be a bigger club than most of the other suitors.

Agreed. If he wasn't open to moving why waste his time travelling to Plymouth and Ipswich?

It sounds to me like he is finding out who can offer him the most.
Danny Mayor on 13:20 - Jun 28 with 3441 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

That's one hell of a scout report

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Danny Mayor on 15:48 - Jun 28 with 3277 viewshype313

But Norwood wanted to move further south as his family are based on the south coast, Mayor's family are all in the North West.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Danny Mayor on 17:34 - Jun 28 with 3147 viewsfranz_tyson

The fact that he travelled all the way over from Plymouth to Ipswich must mean he’s interested. We should be able to offer more than Plymouth or Tranmere. He’s got a new baby and he’s 28/29... money should make a difference. We’re talking about a 2 or 3 year contract, not a life-time. Ipswich is hardly in a different country.
To be honest, maybe we should be worried about a player whose too happy to stay near his family home and not be more ambitious. He won League 2 player of the year 4 or 5 seasons ago and you would have thought that would have been time for him to move on. Fair play to the lad, but we don’t want a home-sick Northerner pining for home. Sounds a decent lower league player, though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024