Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colleagues' weddings 08:52 - Jun 25 with 1301 viewsuefacup81

So, it seems like the office airhead is getting married at some point. No prizes for guessing what the only topic of conversation is going to be until it happens...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Colleagues' weddings on 08:54 - Jun 25 with 1267 viewsNorthstaNder

Whether Alan Judge will be fit for the start of the season?
Colleagues' weddings on 09:16 - Jun 25 with 1219 viewsfactual_blue

Just throw these figures into every conversation

https://www.crispandco.com/site/divorce-statistics/

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Colleagues' weddings on 09:56 - Jun 25 with 1170 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

At work we have a phrase 'To pull a Matt' that applies to this situation.

Around 30 people put in for the usual 21st, 40th, weddings, births etc. Only the woman who arranges all these collections is a complete nightmare and would be described as an 'airhead' I suppose. The sort that asks you how you are, then before you reply goes into a 5 minute monologue about themselves before saying 'anyway, you must need to get on' and then walks off.

This woman doesn't like Matt because he was married to her best mate, who has now left the company. She cheated on him, left him, left the company and the bloke didn't seem to do anything wrong, but this woman stands by her mate so has to basically just pretend he doesn't exist.

On his 50th she didn't bother putting a card round, nor did she do so when he got married again several years later. When she got pregnant Matt decided he wouldn't sign the card or put money in on the basis it clearly wasn't compulsory and she hit the roof.

So now people just routinely 'pull a Matt' with these types of people (and this particular one) and they then tend to leave you alone we've all found. She's barely said a word to any of us since her last birthday and there are too many people not signing her card for her to gossip about us all.

Winning.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 9:57]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Colleagues' weddings on 10:04 - Jun 25 with 1145 viewsJ2BLUE

Colleagues' weddings on 09:56 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

At work we have a phrase 'To pull a Matt' that applies to this situation.

Around 30 people put in for the usual 21st, 40th, weddings, births etc. Only the woman who arranges all these collections is a complete nightmare and would be described as an 'airhead' I suppose. The sort that asks you how you are, then before you reply goes into a 5 minute monologue about themselves before saying 'anyway, you must need to get on' and then walks off.

This woman doesn't like Matt because he was married to her best mate, who has now left the company. She cheated on him, left him, left the company and the bloke didn't seem to do anything wrong, but this woman stands by her mate so has to basically just pretend he doesn't exist.

On his 50th she didn't bother putting a card round, nor did she do so when he got married again several years later. When she got pregnant Matt decided he wouldn't sign the card or put money in on the basis it clearly wasn't compulsory and she hit the roof.

So now people just routinely 'pull a Matt' with these types of people (and this particular one) and they then tend to leave you alone we've all found. She's barely said a word to any of us since her last birthday and there are too many people not signing her card for her to gossip about us all.

Winning.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 9:57]

I hate office cards. Such a complete load of sh1te and such a waste of time. I never used to tell anyone it was my birthday. A few times I got through it without them realising. Other times I got given a card signed by loads of people I didn't like that went straight in my blue bin.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Colleagues' weddings on 10:08 - Jun 25 with 1134 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Colleagues' weddings on 10:04 - Jun 25 by J2BLUE

I hate office cards. Such a complete load of sh1te and such a waste of time. I never used to tell anyone it was my birthday. A few times I got through it without them realising. Other times I got given a card signed by loads of people I didn't like that went straight in my blue bin.

I cannot state how much I hate them.

It's always the same. The decent bloke that keeps himself to himself gets ignored and gets nothing, whilst one of the office motor mouths will push her mates card round and pretty much bully the majority of the people at work to put in a £5 or £10 note to buy some lavish gift for someone that doesn't even take the time to know who they are.

The other one then returns the favour later in the year. A few of us have made a successful stand against it now but the brave first few were subject to all sorts of malicious rumours in retaliation.

Being able to not sign their cards and get the death stare makes it all worthwhile.

Colleagues' weddings on 10:19 - Jun 25 with 1094 viewsSteve_M

Joe Royle?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Colleagues' weddings on 10:21 - Jun 25 with 1076 viewsRadlett_blue

Colleagues' weddings on 10:04 - Jun 25 by J2BLUE

And the cakes! WHY, always sodding cakes?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Colleagues' weddings on 10:23 - Jun 25 with 1074 viewsfooters

Just love hearing about a stranger's upcoming wedding. Almost as interesting as their babies and which route they take to work.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Colleagues' weddings on 10:24 - Jun 25 with 1068 viewsuefacup81

Colleagues' weddings on 10:08 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I cannot state how much I hate them.

It's always the same. The decent bloke that keeps himself to himself gets ignored and gets nothing, whilst one of the office motor mouths will push her mates card round and pretty much bully the majority of the people at work to put in a £5 or £10 note to buy some lavish gift for someone that doesn't even take the time to know who they are.

The other one then returns the favour later in the year. A few of us have made a successful stand against it now but the brave first few were subject to all sorts of malicious rumours in retaliation.

Being able to not sign their cards and get the death stare makes it all worthwhile.

Holy Christ! You've just described her perfectly!

So far this morning we've had the monologue of how she wanted to get married in the Caribbean, but her bf wanted to get married in Africa. She managed to persuade him round to her way of thinking and agree to the Caribbean, but she's changed her mind and now wants to get married in Africa...

Lucky guy!

Colleagues' weddings on 10:29 - Jun 25 with 1054 viewsJ2BLUE

Colleagues' weddings on 10:21 - Jun 25 by Radlett_blue

And the cakes! WHY, always sodding cakes?

No idea. I can't stand any of it. Especially when it's for me. I hate being the centre of attention with people I actually like. At work i've mostly tolerated people.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Colleagues' weddings on 10:39 - Jun 25 with 1019 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Colleagues' weddings on 10:24 - Jun 25 by uefacup81

Holy Christ! You've just described her perfectly!

So far this morning we've had the monologue of how she wanted to get married in the Caribbean, but her bf wanted to get married in Africa. She managed to persuade him round to her way of thinking and agree to the Caribbean, but she's changed her mind and now wants to get married in Africa...

Lucky guy!

If she's as bad as I am imagining then he deserves it. He's obviously aware of what she's like and as bad as her or willing to allow it for whatever he gets out of the relationship so good luck to them.

See also Melania Trump. I doubt she looked at Trump and fell head over heels in love. We all know what's going on there and she made her bed so to speak.

I haven't even started on the rather large person who expects as many gluten free cakes to be brought in as regular ones, knowing she will get to scoff about 6 instead of 1. As someone else said why cakes!

Colleagues' weddings on 10:49 - Jun 25 with 975 viewshomer_123

Colleagues' weddings on 10:23 - Jun 25 by footers

Just love hearing about a stranger's upcoming wedding. Almost as interesting as their babies and which route they take to work.

I'd love to know the route their babies take work.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Colleagues' weddings on 10:51 - Jun 25 with 962 viewsfooters

Colleagues' weddings on 10:49 - Jun 25 by homer_123

The way this country's headed it won't be long before we count babies amongst our co-workers.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Colleagues' weddings on 10:54 - Jun 25 with 953 viewsuefacup81

Colleagues' weddings on 10:39 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If she's as bad as I am imagining then he deserves it. He's obviously aware of what she's like and as bad as her or willing to allow it for whatever he gets out of the relationship so good luck to them.

See also Melania Trump. I doubt she looked at Trump and fell head over heels in love. We all know what's going on there and she made her bed so to speak.

I haven't even started on the rather large person who expects as many gluten free cakes to be brought in as regular ones, knowing she will get to scoff about 6 instead of 1. As someone else said why cakes!

Indeed! It was her birthday at the weekend, and her darling bf bought her a kitten.

We've been enduring weeks and weeks of kitten updates, so I guess wedding plans are a bit of a change of tack...

Colleagues' weddings on 11:01 - Jun 25 with 914 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Colleagues' weddings on 10:49 - Jun 25 by homer_123

Given the number of people who 'work' as a 'full time mum or full time dad', it's only a matter of time before these babies have an Instagram presence and are described as working as a full time influencer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024