Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work boots 10:57 - Jun 18 with 1071 viewsuefacup81

I'm moving into a new role shortly in which I'll need a pair of good sturdy boots, but ideally that I'll be able to slip on/off easily when entering clients' houses.

Obviously a Chelsea boot is the way to go, but most of the ones I find online are more fashionable than hard-wearing.

I'm after something in good thick leather, with a deep-tread sole. Any suggestions?

These are what I currently wear on the odd occasion I leave the office, but the laces are a bit awkward:

[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 11:57]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Work boots on 11:09 - Jun 18 with 1040 viewsFixed_It

Don't use them for running would be my advice!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Work boots on 11:19 - Jun 18 with 1028 viewsOldsmoker

Shoes/boots are the one thing I never buy on-line.
I need to try them out first before handing over the cash.
You could waste the shoe shops time by finding the right shoes and then say "No" and then search on-line for the best price.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Work boots on 11:40 - Jun 18 with 1003 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://charnwoodfootwear.co.uk/safety-footwear/footwear-type/pull-on-safety-boo

The upshot is you aint gonna get something that looks as smart / fashionable as you might like.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Work boots on 11:55 - Jun 18 with 980 viewsuefacup81

Work boots on 11:40 - Jun 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

https://charnwoodfootwear.co.uk/safety-footwear/footwear-type/pull-on-safety-boo

The upshot is you aint gonna get something that looks as smart / fashionable as you might like.

Cheers for that! Those look like precisely the sort of thing I'd be after, although maybe without the added steel protection!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Work boots on 12:05 - Jun 18 with 958 viewsBrianTablet

You are Tom Adeyemi and I claim my £5 voucher.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Work boots on 12:13 - Jun 18 with 946 viewsElephantintheRoom

Maybe the other people who also do that role might have an idea of what suits? Entirely depends on what 'work' the work boots are supposed to perform. IF not having your toes amputated is part of the brief that will involve steel toecaps.... somewhat essential for more work than you might think. And that means getting a bigger size at least and wearing comfy socks. I'd be more inclined to think of preserving your limbs than slipping them on and off - but each to their own.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Work boots on 12:32 - Jun 18 with 930 viewsOldsmoker

Work boots on 11:55 - Jun 18 by uefacup81

Cheers for that! Those look like precisely the sort of thing I'd be after, although maybe without the added steel protection!

Will you wear these boots at the footy?
Steel toe caps are essential if you want to kick someone hard in the shins.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Work boots on 12:53 - Jun 18 with 899 viewsbluebud

https://www.screwfix.com/p/blundstone-192-safety-dealer-boots-brown-size-9/8888g

Blundstones are the only boots worth considering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024