Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 09:49 - Jun 11 with 4087 viewsSmithy

Wow!

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 09:55 - Jun 11 with 2904 viewsBlueBadger

'It's only the 'Mick In' crowd who won't let go'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 09:56 - Jun 11 with 2908 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I cannot stand the sight of the bloke now.

I watched Canada v Cameroon in the women's World Cup over watching a McCarthy team.

Choice well made I think.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 09:57 - Jun 11 with 2891 viewsfooters

Some of y'all really need to get over MM. He's gone.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:09 - Jun 11 with 2846 viewsGeoffSentence

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 09:57 - Jun 11 by footers

Are there any other non-ITFC managers that people should not comment on?

He may not be our chap anymore, but surely people can be free to comment on any guff he comes out with same as they would with say, Sam Allardyce.

And being happy with a narrow win v Gibralter is top level managerial guff, no matter who said it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:11 - Jun 11 with 2831 viewsfooters

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:09 - Jun 11 by GeoffSentence

He may not be our chap anymore, but surely people can be free to comment on any guff he comes out with same as they would with say, Sam Allardyce.

And being happy with a narrow win v Gibralter is top level managerial guff, no matter who said it.

Meh. People can say what they like, it's just getting very, very boring now. It's irrelevant.

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 2824 viewsitfcjoe

It is quite boring that the people frothing at the mouth about him, are still frothing at the mouth about him when we've gone to sh*t since he left.

It's like Brexit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:14 - Jun 11 with 2803 viewsKeaneish

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 09:57 - Jun 11 by footers

Unfortunately he hasn't though. His jibes linger which suggests he really hasn't got over it either.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:15 - Jun 11 with 2788 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:13 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

It is quite boring that the people frothing at the mouth about him, are still frothing at the mouth about him when we've gone to sh*t since he left.

It's like Brexit

And, weirdly enough, the people he STILL makes angry are those that wanted him gone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:15 - Jun 11 with 2785 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:14 - Jun 11 by Keaneish

Unfortunately he hasn't though. His jibes linger which suggests he really hasn't got over it either.

If his 'jibes' are still lingering with you nearly 18 months down the line it's not him that needs to move on...
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 10:16]

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:16 - Jun 11 with 2782 viewsfooters

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:21 - Jun 11 with 2742 viewsGarv

Imagine if Keane or Jewell came out with anything remotely negative, people would talk about it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:24 - Jun 11 with 2720 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:21 - Jun 11 by Garv

Imagine if Keane or Jewell came out with anything remotely negative, people would talk about it.

Whenever Hurst was interviewed after he left us it was mentioned, and Keane is still brought up regularly whenever he’s on the TV or when he was working with ROI. It’s pretty common

McCarthy does seem to get a higher level of attention though - although that’s in part due to the fact that he continues to bring us up at any opportunity

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:24 - Jun 11 with 2718 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:21 - Jun 11 by Garv

Talk about it, yes. Trouble is, there's a certain element that are determined to make everything he does a personal insult to THEM.

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:29 - Jun 11 with 2704 viewsGuthrum

Yes, but it takes two to tango. If we ignore him, McCarthy is left shouting in an empty room.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:33 - Jun 11 with 2669 viewsBluefish

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:29 - Jun 11 by Guthrum

Yes, but it takes two to tango. If we ignore him, McCarthy is left shouting in an empty room.

He is already in an empty room. He lives in Keanish's head.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 11:32 - Jun 11 with 2524 viewsMach_foreignBlue

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 10:24 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

Talk about it, yes. Trouble is, there's a certain element that are determined to make everything he does a personal insult to THEM.

Talk about it so some people do so. Some of them to the same extent as you when it comes to anything re Roy Keane.

Any time there is a thread or something re Keane you're a most active member. And very repetitive (same old stories about his press conferences for example).

Furthermore your hysteries about Lee Bowyer where we know so well from you who he is. Nasty, evil, beast, terrorist etc etc..... And you tell people to move on when they talk about mccarthy.

You keep waffling about Keane and Bowyer any time when the opportunity arises whereas others will keep doing so about mccarthy. So stop preaching.
McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 11:35 - Jun 11 with 2506 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 11:32 - Jun 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Talk about it so some people do so. Some of them to the same extent as you when it comes to anything re Roy Keane.

Any time there is a thread or something re Keane you're a most active member. And very repetitive (same old stories about his press conferences for example).

Furthermore your hysteries about Lee Bowyer where we know so well from you who he is. Nasty, evil, beast, terrorist etc etc..... And you tell people to move on when they talk about mccarthy.

You keep waffling about Keane and Bowyer any time when the opportunity arises whereas others will keep doing so about mccarthy. So stop preaching.

Main difference here, is I don't start crying and over-analysing everything they say in the press as if it's directed personally at me.

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 11:39 - Jun 11 with 2475 viewsMach_foreignBlue

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 11:35 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

Main difference here, is I don't start crying and over-analysing everything they say in the press as if it's directed personally at me.

Yes you do cry a lot about Keane and Bowyer.

Some will keep doing so about mccarthy when they need to. Not a rocket science.
McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 12:21 - Jun 11 with 2338 viewsSimonds92

Agree, the blokes a t**t. All the clubs he's never managed lap it up which is frustrating, he's not someone i ever warmed to / was impressed by despite his successes with us. He just seems to ooze arrogance and had little moments belittling us as a club even when he was our manager.
Its this sort of mantra that ruins the enjoyment for fans.
McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 12:22 - Jun 11 with 2326 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 11:39 - Jun 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes you do cry a lot about Keane and Bowyer.

Some will keep doing so about mccarthy when they need to. Not a rocket science.

I think you've mistaken 'take the piss out of' for 'crying'.

Unless it's despair at the lack of new material.

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 12:23 - Jun 11 with 2321 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 12:21 - Jun 11 by Simonds92

Agree, the blokes a t**t. All the clubs he's never managed lap it up which is frustrating, he's not someone i ever warmed to / was impressed by despite his successes with us. He just seems to ooze arrogance and had little moments belittling us as a club even when he was our manager.
Its this sort of mantra that ruins the enjoyment for fans.

If this is really ruining football for you, you should probably consider taking up something less distressing for a hobby.
I'd avoid knitting, as dropped stitches can be HEARTBREAKING.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 12:25]

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 12:51 - Jun 11 with 2232 viewsunstableblue

.... he always had the wrong football ethos for this club, period. It was time for him to go, perhaps even 12 months earlier. He did a good job to keep us up, and had a good season, on a system and style built on sand.

Don't waste your breath on him. We should be focusing on Evans subsequent recruitment of Hurst - I believe from a McCarthy recommendation. And whether Lambert can rekindle the success of much earlier in his career.

Mick will no doubt continue to make digs and jibes, as his stubborness won't allow him to admit the flaws in this playing style.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 13:03 - Jun 11 with 2188 viewsBlueBadger

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 12:51 - Jun 11 by unstableblue

.... he always had the wrong football ethos for this club, period. It was time for him to go, perhaps even 12 months earlier. He did a good job to keep us up, and had a good season, on a system and style built on sand.

Don't waste your breath on him. We should be focusing on Evans subsequent recruitment of Hurst - I believe from a McCarthy recommendation. And whether Lambert can rekindle the success of much earlier in his career.

Mick will no doubt continue to make digs and jibes, as his stubborness won't allow him to admit the flaws in this playing style.

The best part about all the harrumphing going here is that he hasn't actually mentioned ITFC at all and all sorts of delicate flowers are still spinning that as a dig at them.

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 13:07 - Jun 11 with 2172 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 12:51 - Jun 11 by unstableblue

‘He did a good job keeping us consistently in the top half of the table, except the one season where our top scorer was sold and not replaced and where he still kept us comfortably clear of relegation

Micks detractors will continue to moan about him at every opportunity, and still insist that things are somehow better for Ipswich now he has gone despite the fact we are now staring a season in the third division for the first time in 60-odd years’

There, corrected it for you

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 13:08 - Jun 11 with 2154 viewsfooters

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 13:07 - Jun 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘He did a good job keeping us consistently in the top half of the table, except the one season where our top scorer was sold and not replaced and where he still kept us comfortably clear of relegation

Micks detractors will continue to moan about him at every opportunity, and still insist that things are somehow better for Ipswich now he has gone despite the fact we are now staring a season in the third division for the first time in 60-odd years’

There, corrected it for you

Detractor boys.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024