Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Stokie: Please Help 12:00 - Jun 8 with 4124 viewswkj

As you are one of the board's most distinguished cooking fans, I am calling upon you for help.

I am wanting to try something new this week for a couple of meals, nothing fancy, but interesting. Seems as your Kafir lime suggestion went down a treat im calling on you once more.

I don't have any specific ingredients I plan to use, although I do have some Wasabi and Gochujang in the fridge. Due to a broken digestion system I tend to steer clear of spuds, pasta and noodles, though I can get away with rice. What do you think ol' chap, how can I make exam week more interesting in the kitchen?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:10 - Jun 8 with 3405 viewsSpruceMoose

Cheese Omlette?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:14 - Jun 8 with 3406 viewsJohnny_Boy

Sorry for hijacking your post. After decades of angering the fussy rice Gods, I'm now a dab hand at making the stuff perfectly. So since this revelation, I've been a little obsessed with making Risotto.
Living with veggie makes me unable to use chicken stock, which I think would improve matters 100%, but mushrooms, peas & a decent Parmesan. Win win.

20mins cooking time. Serve with a fresh slice of bread & butter. Glorious comfort food.
FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:14 - Jun 8 with 3396 viewswkj

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:10 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

Cheese Omlette?

poke it

Crybaby

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:15 - Jun 8 with 3394 viewsSpruceMoose

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:14 - Jun 8 by wkj

poke it

Pipe down Yank

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:35 - Jun 8 with 3370 viewswkj

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:14 - Jun 8 by Johnny_Boy

Sorry for hijacking your post. After decades of angering the fussy rice Gods, I'm now a dab hand at making the stuff perfectly. So since this revelation, I've been a little obsessed with making Risotto.
Living with veggie makes me unable to use chicken stock, which I think would improve matters 100%, but mushrooms, peas & a decent Parmesan. Win win.

20mins cooking time. Serve with a fresh slice of bread & butter. Glorious comfort food.

Risotto is amazing when everything is in season. Chicken and Mushroom, Pea and ham, Butternut squash and spinach - a good good plate indeed.

Crybaby

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:40 - Jun 8 with 3363 viewsWeWereZombies

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:35 - Jun 8 by wkj

Risotto is amazing when everything is in season. Chicken and Mushroom, Pea and ham, Butternut squash and spinach - a good good plate indeed.

Especially once you have chucked the Wasabi and Gochujang in...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:14 - Jun 8 with 3323 viewsIP12

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:40 - Jun 8 by WeWereZombies

Especially once you have chucked the Wasabi and Gochujang in...

NO, NO & NO again.....Wasabi is evil
FAO Stokie: Please Help on 15:22 - Jun 8 with 3273 viewsWeWereZombies

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:14 - Jun 8 by IP12

You are only supposed to use it in small quantities.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 11:27 - Jun 9 with 3116 viewswkj

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 15:22 - Jun 8 by WeWereZombies

Indeed. I am quite fond of it. A slither of ginger will quell the burn almost instantly

Crybaby

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:51 - Jun 9 with 3084 viewsfooters

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:10 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

Cheese Omlette?

Had a cheese and pea omelette the other night after work for a quick dinner. Was pretty good actually, much better than having the peas as a simple side.

Wkj, can I recommend using up things in your larder? Incredible what you'll find lurking in there.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 12:55]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:56 - Jun 9 with 3076 viewswkj

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:51 - Jun 9 by footers

Had a cheese and pea omelette the other night after work for a quick dinner. Was pretty good actually, much better than having the peas as a simple side.

Wkj, can I recommend using up things in your larder? Incredible what you'll find lurking in there.

Cock

Crybaby

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:57 - Jun 9 with 3072 viewsfooters

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:56 - Jun 9 by wkj

Cock

Not sure what's in your larder but there isn't a cock in mine!

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:57 - Jun 9 with 3072 viewsWeWereZombies

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:51 - Jun 9 by footers

You could also do with installing an intruder alarm. That will stop footers lurking in your larder at least...

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:11 - Jun 9 with 3054 viewsfooters

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 12:57 - Jun 9 by WeWereZombies

You could also do with installing an intruder alarm. That will stop footers lurking in your larder at least...

If you go in, we can split whatever you manage to grab. Think about it.

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:25 - Jun 9 with 3039 viewshampstead_blue

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 15:22 - Jun 8 by WeWereZombies

That scene when Mator scoffed loads of wasabi thinking it was pistachio ice cream cracks me every time.

Cooking idea; James Martin's Home Comforts recepie for sticky ribs. Try that with some wild rice....love it.
You can also use that sauce base for chilli. We make it with chunks of beef.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:37 - Jun 9 with 3023 viewsWeWereZombies

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:11 - Jun 9 by footers

If you go in, we can split whatever you manage to grab. Think about it.

OK, we will have to be quick before he gets the alarm installed. You can have the Wasabi and I will take the Gochujang - only because I have no idea what it is.

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:01 - Jun 9 with 3011 viewsfooters

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:37 - Jun 9 by WeWereZombies

OK, we will have to be quick before he gets the alarm installed. You can have the Wasabi and I will take the Gochujang - only because I have no idea what it is.

Perfect. That should help with my blocked nose for a few weeks. Sounds like a deal.

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:15 - Jun 9 with 2997 viewswkj

This is so violating

Crybaby

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:40 - Jun 9 with 2979 viewsWeWereZombies

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:01 - Jun 9 by footers

Perfect. That should help with my blocked nose for a few weeks. Sounds like a deal.

Sorry, it's off. I Googled Gochujang and all it is is chilli paste, I have some Co-op chilli pesto in plus I only finished off the Wasabi I bought years ago recently. However, if you are lurking in other posters larders I might reconsider, perhaps Fergal has a consignment of durian and caviar from a trip on the Trans-Siberian Express?

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:44 - Jun 9 with 2979 viewsWarkystache

An easy, and tasty, marinade for pork ribs is a can of Coke, soy sauce, finely grated ginger and a teaspoon of wasabi.

Add ingredients to ribs in a bowl, mix them with hands, cling film and pop in the fridge for at least 3 hours to marinade. Remove, cook ribs, keep aside the marinade and add a little to the ribs in the oven for last 5 minutes.

For the rice, cook as normal, then add half a can of coconut milk, two birds-eye chillies finely chopped and a spring onion, finely chopped lengthways.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:50 - Jun 9 with 2965 viewswkj

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:44 - Jun 9 by Warkystache

An easy, and tasty, marinade for pork ribs is a can of Coke, soy sauce, finely grated ginger and a teaspoon of wasabi.

Add ingredients to ribs in a bowl, mix them with hands, cling film and pop in the fridge for at least 3 hours to marinade. Remove, cook ribs, keep aside the marinade and add a little to the ribs in the oven for last 5 minutes.

For the rice, cook as normal, then add half a can of coconut milk, two birds-eye chillies finely chopped and a spring onion, finely chopped lengthways.

Sounds delicious

Crybaby

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 15:00 - Jun 9 with 2955 viewsfooters

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:40 - Jun 9 by WeWereZombies

Sorry, it's off. I Googled Gochujang and all it is is chilli paste, I have some Co-op chilli pesto in plus I only finished off the Wasabi I bought years ago recently. However, if you are lurking in other posters larders I might reconsider, perhaps Fergal has a consignment of durian and caviar from a trip on the Trans-Siberian Express?

Already checked Fergal's gaff, only lumpfish caviar and an old copy of Razzle in his fridge.

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 15:01 - Jun 9 with 2954 viewsWarkystache

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 14:50 - Jun 9 by wkj

Sounds delicious

It is. Just had it for lunch!

Now having my homemade creme caramel with star-anise scented caramel and served with barbecued mango.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 17:14 - Jun 9 with 2909 viewsEly_Blue

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 13:14 - Jun 8 by IP12

Most wasabi, unless you have a piece of it is just horseradish with a very small % of wasabi and lots of green colouring

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

FAO Stokie: Please Help on 23:17 - Jun 9 with 2847 viewsStokieBlue

Sorry, I've been away so only just saw this.

Not sure how much effort you want to put in but here goes a few suggestions:

If you want to go risotto, wild garlic is in season and makes a good base. Wild garlic, crispy sausage and feta is rather nice. If you can't get wild garlic you can replace that with spinach and garlic.

If you want something more like a plate than a bowl of food then salmon and asparagus on romesco sauce with samphire (tempuraed if you fancy it) is a good combo. Could replace asparagus with broccoli if you prefer.

As an alternative to the starches paprika cauliflower steak is rather nice. Can pair it with leeks and steak or perhaps pork fillet.

If you have more time you could do pork osso buco or cheeks with some hispi cabbage and hasselback carrots.

If you want something veggie then garlic broccoli, asparagus and a plum tomato sauce with a ball of buratta/mozzarella is rather nice.

Can you eat sweet potato, polenta or celeriac?

If you're not sure how to cook any of the above drop me a PM. If they aren't what you're looking for then let me know.

Enjoy!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024