Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour hold Peterborough 02:01 - Jun 7 with 23061 viewsvapour_trail

The people of Peterborough don’t come well out of this.

The big red fancy dress fella only got 5. That’s a small family.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:14 - Jun 8 with 1716 viewsJETPower

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:11 - Jun 8 by StokieBlue

It doesn't really fit the trope though, wouldn't any controlled media want to get as many stories out which aid their position?

Ignoring it wouldn't seem to fit those parameters.

Have I missed something?

SB

Yes, the implication was that they were orchestrating the attacks on Corbyn-specifically, in bad faith, and that the lack of coverage on the Greens helped prove this.
Labour hold Peterborough on 09:19 - Jun 8 with 1699 viewslowhouseblue

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:11 - Jun 8 by StokieBlue

It doesn't really fit the trope though, wouldn't any controlled media want to get as many stories out which aid their position?

Ignoring it wouldn't seem to fit those parameters.

Have I missed something?

SB

the current conspiracy theory is that israel is seeking to undermine corbyn, so they are focused on creating and promoting an anti-semitism crisis in the labour party. they want the labour party to look worse than anyone else. it's a conspiracy theory which has been set out in quite some detail on this site.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 9:24]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:35 - Jun 8 with 1662 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:14 - Jun 8 by JETPower

Yes, the implication was that they were orchestrating the attacks on Corbyn-specifically, in bad faith, and that the lack of coverage on the Greens helped prove this.

#titterpart2

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:42 - Jun 8 with 1647 viewsStokieBlue

Well he didn't explicitly say that but I can certainly see how someone could take that implication. Perhaps more careful use of language is required.

He seems to agree it's a simple case of public interest now.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 9:44]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:49 - Jun 8 with 1638 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:42 - Jun 8 by StokieBlue

Well he didn't explicitly say that but I can certainly see how someone could take that implication. Perhaps more careful use of language is required.

He seems to agree it's a simple case of public interest now.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 9:44]

Indeed and I am still surprised when you think of the general media scrutiny of the wider topic at the time of their conference.
Not sure how I should have better worded my 'surprise' to be honest as the motive alluded to would never and had not crossed my mind.

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:50 - Jun 8 with 1634 viewsJETPower

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:35 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

#titterpart2

I just don't think anti-semitic tropes are something to titter about (and it has been explained over and over why this is a trope and is anti-semitic, not going through it again for the hard of hearing).

But the management of the forum - in my view in error - have allowed them to pass without censure, to become normal currency, so there's not much I can do about it, other than have weekends be taken up angrily and yet impotently railing against it, for no tangible benefit to anyone.
Labour hold Peterborough on 09:53 - Jun 8 with 1627 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:50 - Jun 8 by JETPower

I just don't think anti-semitic tropes are something to titter about (and it has been explained over and over why this is a trope and is anti-semitic, not going through it again for the hard of hearing).

But the management of the forum - in my view in error - have allowed them to pass without censure, to become normal currency, so there's not much I can do about it, other than have weekends be taken up angrily and yet impotently railing against it, for no tangible benefit to anyone.

Might I suggest not inventing motives that don't exist for peoples comments...time for lunch yet?

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:57 - Jun 8 with 1622 viewsJETPower

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:49 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Indeed and I am still surprised when you think of the general media scrutiny of the wider topic at the time of their conference.
Not sure how I should have better worded my 'surprise' to be honest as the motive alluded to would never and had not crossed my mind.

In the context, if it didn't cross your mind (and it would have had to have done, I simply don't believe you - unless you are admitting to registering and internalising tropes unconsciously and uncritically), you are completely tone deaf on the issue, and should be much, much, more careful before speaking out on it.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:01 - Jun 8 with 1614 viewsJETPower

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:53 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Might I suggest not inventing motives that don't exist for peoples comments...time for lunch yet?

I'm not going to lie, this is probably the worst fry-up I've ever eaten. Type, type, burn something, type, type, spill something, type, type, digest a load of rank food in haste and while all agitated. Should have had muesli, but was hoping for a modicum of pleasure.
Labour hold Peterborough on 10:02 - Jun 8 with 1613 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 09:57 - Jun 8 by JETPower

In the context, if it didn't cross your mind (and it would have had to have done, I simply don't believe you - unless you are admitting to registering and internalising tropes unconsciously and uncritically), you are completely tone deaf on the issue, and should be much, much, more careful before speaking out on it.

I bet you 'know' what I really mean by Banksters in my user name! Are you God? I'm done with you.

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:03 - Jun 8 with 1609 viewsJETPower

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:02 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

I bet you 'know' what I really mean by Banksters in my user name! Are you God? I'm done with you.

I have no idea, nor interest.
Labour hold Peterborough on 10:04 - Jun 8 with 1606 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:01 - Jun 8 by JETPower

I'm not going to lie, this is probably the worst fry-up I've ever eaten. Type, type, burn something, type, type, spill something, type, type, digest a load of rank food in haste and while all agitated. Should have had muesli, but was hoping for a modicum of pleasure.

Granola's the way to go. With yoghurt and fruit.

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:06 - Jun 8 with 1595 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:03 - Jun 8 by JETPower

I have no idea, nor interest.

The answer is Bankers.

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:47 - Jun 8 with 1554 viewsPinewoodblue

Labour hold Peterborough on 10:01 - Jun 8 by JETPower

If you are agitated by this thread just give it up.

PS for trope read tripe makes more sense.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Labour hold Peterborough on 11:07 - Jun 8 with 1545 viewsBrixtonBlue

No it wasn't. It's all in your head. It's like you're scanning TWTD to find anything you can twist into an antisemitic trope if you try hard enough.

I suggested you take a step back a couple of days ago... and you've said several times you've "left the board"... but here you still are. You're tying yourself in knots and must realise this isn't healthy.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Labour hold Peterborough on 11:14 - Jun 8 with 1530 viewsJETPower

Labour hold Peterborough on 11:07 - Jun 8 by BrixtonBlue

No it wasn't. It's all in your head. It's like you're scanning TWTD to find anything you can twist into an antisemitic trope if you try hard enough.

I suggested you take a step back a couple of days ago... and you've said several times you've "left the board"... but here you still are. You're tying yourself in knots and must realise this isn't healthy.

anti-Semitism is all in my head. Got it. Yeah, I'm out.

Edit: Phil, with all due respect, and you know I think highly of you, you need to wake up on this. You are providing a platform that is being used to disseminate racial hatred (68 rabbis, dual loyalty, Mossad and IS, the list could go on and on), and I am 100% positive that's not what you would want.

Goodbye all. COYB
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 11:30]
Labour hold Peterborough on 11:24 - Jun 8 with 1515 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour hold Peterborough on 11:14 - Jun 8 by JETPower

Edit: Phil, with all due respect, and you know I think highly of you, you need to wake up on this. You are providing a platform that is being used to disseminate racial hatred (68 rabbis, dual loyalty, Mossad and IS, the list could go on and on), and I am 100% positive that's not what you would want.

Goodbye all. COYB

Oh FFS.

Now, I really think you're trying to misread and misconstrue stuff on purpose. For maximum outrage and to sabotage/shut down any rational and sensitive debate.

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour hold Peterborough on 11:26 - Jun 8 with 1503 viewsBrixtonBlue

Goodbye all. COYB

Again, not what I said. Again, twisting words.

Point proven I think.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Labour hold Peterborough on 11:49 - Jun 8 with 1469 viewsDarth_Koont

Goodbye all. COYB

That's truly as nonsensical as suggesting that people who point out actual antisemitism are disseminating it because they're pointing it out.

It's apparently OK to repeat a trope if you call it a trope. But not OK to question a specific incident that isn't in itself a trope because of evidence. That's "bad repeating" because of some hypocritical hoop you've jumped through.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024