Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour hold Peterborough 02:01 - Jun 7 with 23018 viewsvapour_trail

The people of Peterborough don’t come well out of this.

The big red fancy dress fella only got 5. That’s a small family.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Labour hold Peterborough on 03:41 - Jun 7 with 5031 viewsIllinoisblue

Good for them. Can ITFC do the same? Guess a draw would be better than 7-1

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:27 - Jun 7 with 4937 viewsElderGrizzly

A candidate who ‘likes’ anti-Semitic social media posts narrowly defeats a candidate who openly uses racism to question the result.

That’s Peterborough for you!
Labour hold Peterborough on 06:39 - Jun 7 with 4912 viewsWeWereZombies

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:27 - Jun 7 by ElderGrizzly

A candidate who ‘likes’ anti-Semitic social media posts narrowly defeats a candidate who openly uses racism to question the result.

That’s Peterborough for you!

I think that, if you ever worked there, you would find Peterborough a bit more diverse than that. It has marked similarities to Ipswich...well, apart from the football history.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:45 - Jun 7 with 4893 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Party's of sails Brexit out taken the wind.....rejoice! Just don't add up BP + Tory party against the rest as it's a bit depressing (only 48.4 % turn out though and not many Brexit party will have sat at home I imagine)

Edit ...turn out was 67.5% last time.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 7:28]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:46 - Jun 7 with 4888 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:39 - Jun 7 by WeWereZombies

I think that, if you ever worked there, you would find Peterborough a bit more diverse than that. It has marked similarities to Ipswich...well, apart from the football history.

"Brexit party insiders said Labour’s reliance upon a mainly Pakistani vote in inner-city wards had been the difference between the parties. “Some of these houses had 14 people in them registered to vote. It would be interesting to see what proportion voted Labour,” said one."

....classy!.

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:14 - Jun 7 with 4813 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:46 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Brexit party insiders said Labour’s reliance upon a mainly Pakistani vote in inner-city wards had been the difference between the parties. “Some of these houses had 14 people in them registered to vote. It would be interesting to see what proportion voted Labour,” said one."

....classy!.

To be a fair probably true though
Labour hold Peterborough on 07:18 - Jun 7 with 4791 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:14 - Jun 7 by never_lose_the_faith

Yeah they should probably make it a vote per household to give the salmon skinned leafy suburb dwellers more of a chance......some of them live 1 to a house you know!

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:21 - Jun 7 with 4788 viewsWeWereZombies

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:14 - Jun 7 by never_lose_the_faith

Two things.

Pakistanis could not vote in the Peterborough by-election, only citizens of the United Kingdom could.

Not everyone with a pigment a bit darker than Nigel Farage has a family tree that includes Pakistan. There is India, Bangla Desh, Nepal and so on.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:26 - Jun 7 with 4768 viewsGuthrum

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:45 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Party's of sails Brexit out taken the wind.....rejoice! Just don't add up BP + Tory party against the rest as it's a bit depressing (only 48.4 % turn out though and not many Brexit party will have sat at home I imagine)

Edit ...turn out was 67.5% last time.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 7:28]

By-elections often have lower turn-outs than Generals.

Moreover, Brexit Party may work well as a means of protest/putting pressure on the Government - but would you want them actually running the country?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:32 - Jun 7 with 4729 viewsjaykay

was farage there, waiting with his victory speech. i expect he sneaked out the back door.
i expect he was hedging his bet by sitting in a car round the corner, so he could make a grand entrance if they won or a quick get away if they lost

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:36 - Jun 7 with 4702 viewsBlueBoots

Labour hold Peterborough on 06:46 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

....classy!.

From the BBC Website..."Mr Farage made a brief appearance at the count before the result was announced but left without talking to reporters."

I'm sure he would have been equally camera-shy after a Brexit Party victory!

He has previous in Peterborough too...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-england-32204991

Nice clear breakdown of the ethnicity of Peterborough in that article too - I'm sure the 6.6% Pakistani population made all the difference...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:38 - Jun 7 with 4683 viewsGuthrum

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:32 - Jun 7 by jaykay

was farage there, waiting with his victory speech. i expect he sneaked out the back door.
i expect he was hedging his bet by sitting in a car round the corner, so he could make a grand entrance if they won or a quick get away if they lost

Apparently he left the count 'just before the result was announced', according to the Guardian.

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:40 - Jun 7 with 4667 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:32 - Jun 7 by jaykay

No he was in a cupboard!

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:42 - Jun 7 with 4668 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:18 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yeah they should probably make it a vote per household to give the salmon skinned leafy suburb dwellers more of a chance......some of them live 1 to a house you know!

Why does everyone have to jump on things I say, all I am saying is he is probably right.
Doesn’t mean I agree in what he said or that it is wrong. I support Brexit but do not want Farage as pm no way. He doesn’t even have a manifesto
Labour hold Peterborough on 07:43 - Jun 7 with 4655 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:42 - Jun 7 by never_lose_the_faith

Why does everyone have to jump on things I say, all I am saying is he is probably right.
Doesn’t mean I agree in what he said or that it is wrong. I support Brexit but do not want Farage as pm no way. He doesn’t even have a manifesto

Anyway the anti Semitic party got its seat, so you must all be so happy
Labour hold Peterborough on 07:55 - Jun 7 with 4614 viewsGuthrum

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:42 - Jun 7 by never_lose_the_faith

Because you made a bald, unqualified assertion that what the BP spokesman said was correct. If you'd explained your position, as you now have done, then everyone might not (or, at least, not as vehemently).
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 7:56]

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:56 - Jun 7 with 4604 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:36 - Jun 7 by BlueBoots

From the BBC Website..."Mr Farage made a brief appearance at the count before the result was announced but left without talking to reporters."

I'm sure he would have been equally camera-shy after a Brexit Party victory!

He has previous in Peterborough too...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-england-32204991

Nice clear breakdown of the ethnicity of Peterborough in that article too - I'm sure the 6.6% Pakistani population made all the difference...

Labour won by 700 votes, so yes if they all voted labour it made a huge difference. But they are entitled to cote the same as I am so have no problems with it, but you have to be pretty narrow minded to not see that it made a difference
Labour hold Peterborough on 08:01 - Jun 7 with 4569 viewsGuthrum

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:56 - Jun 7 by never_lose_the_faith

Labour won by 700 votes, so yes if they all voted labour it made a huge difference. But they are entitled to cote the same as I am so have no problems with it, but you have to be pretty narrow minded to not see that it made a difference

Only accounted for a small proportion of the Labour vote share, tho. Thousands of other people must also have voted for their candidate.

That is also making the assumption that nobody of Pakistani heritage voted for the Brexit Party. Is that true?

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:06 - Jun 7 with 4551 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:01 - Jun 7 by Guthrum

Only accounted for a small proportion of the Labour vote share, tho. Thousands of other people must also have voted for their candidate.

That is also making the assumption that nobody of Pakistani heritage voted for the Brexit Party. Is that true?

Again twisting my words on here. Of course loads of people voted for labour and I as I said I am not supporting the Farage to be pm.
I am just basing it on my experiences on having been to Peterborough on many occasions.
Labour hold Peterborough on 08:10 - Jun 7 with 4531 viewsGuthrum

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:06 - Jun 7 by never_lose_the_faith

Again twisting my words on here. Of course loads of people voted for labour and I as I said I am not supporting the Farage to be pm.
I am just basing it on my experiences on having been to Peterborough on many occasions.

I'm not twisting your words, merely pointing out that the Labour victory cannot be attributed to just one section of the electorate (especially if it is impossible to prove they all voted en bloc for that party).

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:10 - Jun 7 with 4533 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:55 - Jun 7 by Guthrum

Because you made a bald, unqualified assertion that what the BP spokesman said was correct. If you'd explained your position, as you now have done, then everyone might not (or, at least, not as vehemently).
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 7:56]

Fair enough, but you can not deny that Peterborough has a huge migrant influx.
And of course they are not going to vote for Brexit party, and why should they.

You have to be stupid to not realise that certain regions will get certain votes, and that is all it is here. Just like how Torres used to win around these parts every time and how labour held the north more. I am not being nasty just staying a fact
Labour hold Peterborough on 08:14 - Jun 7 with 4524 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Labour hold Peterborough on 07:21 - Jun 7 by WeWereZombies

Two things.

Pakistanis could not vote in the Peterborough by-election, only citizens of the United Kingdom could.

Not everyone with a pigment a bit darker than Nigel Farage has a family tree that includes Pakistan. There is India, Bangla Desh, Nepal and so on.

So you are saying that no Pakistanis are Uk citizens, that’s not very nice. There are loads of Pakistanis who are born in the U.K. and are citizens just like you and me and have the right to vote accordingly
Labour hold Peterborough on 08:18 - Jun 7 with 4510 viewsHerbivore

Interesting result. It's a black eye for the Brexit Party, low turnout in a heavily leave voting area where the incumbent lost their seat through very poor behaviour and that sometimes reflects on their party in the bye election.

Labour didn't lose loads of seats to the Brexit Party in a leave area, a few maybe but their losses look to have gone to the Lib Dems with the Tories being most hit by the Brexit Party.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 8:24]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:19 - Jun 7 with 4496 viewsHerbivore

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:10 - Jun 7 by never_lose_the_faith

Fair enough, but you can not deny that Peterborough has a huge migrant influx.
And of course they are not going to vote for Brexit party, and why should they.

You have to be stupid to not realise that certain regions will get certain votes, and that is all it is here. Just like how Torres used to win around these parts every time and how labour held the north more. I am not being nasty just staying a fact

Could you provide some actual evidence to back up the 'facts' you're stating? Otherwise they're not really facts.

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:24 - Jun 7 with 4478 viewsHerbivore

Labour hold Peterborough on 08:18 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

Interesting result. It's a black eye for the Brexit Party, low turnout in a heavily leave voting area where the incumbent lost their seat through very poor behaviour and that sometimes reflects on their party in the bye election.

Labour didn't lose loads of seats to the Brexit Party in a leave area, a few maybe but their losses look to have gone to the Lib Dems with the Tories being most hit by the Brexit Party.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 8:24]

Which bit of this do you disagree with, never lose the faith?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024