Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) 22:41 - Jun 5 with 2695 viewsOldsmoker

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/05/eden-hazard-real-madrid-chelsea
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 22:42]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:43 - Jun 5 with 2376 viewsSwansea_Blue

Obscene

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:44 - Jun 5 with 2375 viewsStokieBlue

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:43 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

Obscene

Really?

In the current market that's a total bargain. I know that sounds ridiculous but context is everything.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:49 - Jun 5 with 2344 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:44 - Jun 5 by StokieBlue

Really?

In the current market that's a total bargain. I know that sounds ridiculous but context is everything.

SB

Agreed, fantastic value in comparison to the wider market

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 5 with 2344 viewsJ2BLUE

If I was the Chelsea manager I would ask for Bale and £50m. If you ended up getting Bale and £20m it would be a hell of a deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 5 with 2326 viewsElderGrizzly

Really?

SB

Just 12 months left on his deal, so a good deal for both parties considering he could agree a free deal from January
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 5 with 2326 viewstractordownsouth

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

If I was the Chelsea manager I would ask for Bale and £50m. If you ended up getting Bale and £20m it would be a hell of a deal.

Would that be allowed under the terms of their transfer ban? Even with Bale’s injuries, I think it’d be a good signing as the Chelsea team is lacking big names. I think Bale is wasted at Madrid anyway, he needs to be the main man in the team and at Chelsea he would be.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 22:56]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:56 - Jun 5 with 2319 viewsSwansea_Blue

Really?

SB

The sort of context where people are having to use food banks is the context I had in mind. But yep, you’re right from a football business perspective.

Didn’t Renaldo effectively pay for himself within his first 24 hours Juve, or something like that? Hazard isn’t as big a draw, but the marketing opportunities alone will be huge. That’s before he even has an impact on the pitch. I imagine it’ll be ‘good value’ for them.

It’s a good signing. Bale is off isn’t he? So they needed someone.

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:56 - Jun 5 with 2318 viewsOldsmoker

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:43 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

Obscene

Agreed - it's Obscene.
Where do Real Madrid get all this money from?

Login to get fewer ads

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:58 - Jun 5 with 2313 viewsElderGrizzly

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 5 by tractordownsouth

Would that be allowed under the terms of their transfer ban? Even with Bale’s injuries, I think it’d be a good signing as the Chelsea team is lacking big names. I think Bale is wasted at Madrid anyway, he needs to be the main man in the team and at Chelsea he would be.

No, they are not allowed to sign anyone. Loan or transfer fee.
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:00 - Jun 5 with 2306 viewsSwansea_Blue

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:58 - Jun 5 by ElderGrizzly

No, they are not allowed to sign anyone. Loan or transfer fee.

I’d forgotten about that. He’ll leave a pretty big void.

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:01 - Jun 5 with 2299 viewsronnyd

Thought that Chelski were after in excess of 100 million.
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 5 with 2292 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

With Bale you have to factor in the 600k per week wages, and injury record.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 5 with 2284 viewsOldsmoker

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 5 by tractordownsouth

Zidane has blanked him.
Bale is on a lot of money and doesn't need to go anywhere.
If Zidane gets the boot next season - it could happen - then Bale may be back in the picture.

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 5 with 2277 viewsJ2BLUE

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

With Bale you have to factor in the 600k per week wages, and injury record.

£600k?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Fook.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:19 - Jun 5 with 2238 viewsOldsmoker

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

Fook.

Now thats obscene.
A boy from the valleys earning all that.
As I said earlier, where do Real Madrid get all this money from.

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 06:06 - Jun 6 with 2054 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:19 - Jun 5 by Oldsmoker

Now thats obscene.
A boy from the valleys earning all that.
As I said earlier, where do Real Madrid get all this money from.

Sponsorship, TV rights and merchandise basically. They are the highest revenue generating team in the world with turnover exceeding £650m

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 06:33 - Jun 6 with 2023 viewsKieran_Knows

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

Fook.

I wouldn’t even get out of bed for that...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 06:51 - Jun 6 with 1985 viewsBlueBoots

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 06:06 - Jun 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sponsorship, TV rights and merchandise basically. They are the highest revenue generating team in the world with turnover exceeding £650m

Historically, this helped them out too...

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 07:21 - Jun 6 with 1932 viewsdissboy2

proffessional football has become so stupid I'm more into non-league these days
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 07:28 - Jun 6 with 1911 viewsballycastle

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 22:56 - Jun 5 by Oldsmoker

Agreed - it's Obscene.

State and Royal support I believe.
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 07:58 - Jun 6 with 1863 viewsdavblue

Agreed - it's Obscene.

Banks have wiped out some of their debt in the past as well as paying well over the odds for their training ground in the past if i recall correctly.
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 08:04 - Jun 6 with 1849 viewsballycastle

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 07:58 - Jun 6 by davblue

Banks have wiped out some of their debt in the past as well as paying well over the odds for their training ground in the past if i recall correctly.

To big to fail.
Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 08:19 - Jun 6 with 1827 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 07:58 - Jun 6 by davblue

This has happened historically - back in the early 2000’s some of their Galactico funding was aided by the Madrid council buying their training ground and then renting it back to them on the cheap

However, the reality is they can afford to spend huge sums today as they are a money making machine, quite simply - same as Barcelona and Man Utd

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 09:02 - Jun 6 with 1756 viewsJimmyJazz

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 07:21 - Jun 6 by dissboy2

proffessional football has become so stupid I'm more into non-league these days

Or League 1

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Real Madrid agree £88.5m for Hazard (n/t) on 09:51 - Jun 6 with 1681 viewsbrazil1982

Agreed - it's Obscene.

Loans - and what bank is going to call in those debts? Their funding has always been very shady.
IIRC the Madrid council(?) purchased the training ground for £300M, then leased it back to Real for pocket money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024