Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. 12:13 - Jun 5 with 2032 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

He really didn't look right during the night.

Possible panic attack?

either way something doesn't smell right with the whole fight!

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 13:28 - Jun 5 with 1938 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

I read, but who knows if true or not , that he got dropped badly in sparring and that he or his dad didn’t want him to fight but Eddie Hearn made him. Also the panic attack thing, but why would he suddenly get this fighting someone he thought would be easy. There is defiantly something fishy going on.
I accept that he never recovered from the blow to the temple, and lost because of this, but he just didn’t look the normal AJ to me.
Must be hard to be a fighter, knowing that you have to be 100% on a certain day at a certain time or all your hard work and legacy can go from a poor performance.
Think of messi, he is amazing most of the time but still has bad games, but this is accepted in football.
I do think that AJ isn’t as good as he is made out to be. If only you could have fury’s skill and Joshua’s power, that would be unbeatable
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:01 - Jun 5 with 1837 viewsMrTown

He looked a right state.

The only way to sum up his performance was lethargic. Me and my mates were watching the fight live and we just looked at each other and said, something isn’t right here.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:06 - Jun 5 with 1830 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:01 - Jun 5 by MrTown

He looked a right state.

The only way to sum up his performance was lethargic. Me and my mates were watching the fight live and we just looked at each other and said, something isn’t right here.

Exactly the same here. Something was up. I’m sure all will be revealed.
Hope he smashes Ruiz in the next fight, even though Ruiz is a good boxer and a great lad.
I think he has had it way to easy up till now and even said after Klitschko fight, that if he ever had to fight that hard again he doesn’t want it, he said it should be easy for him.
Time will tell but i have a feeling it will all unravel for him, hope I am wrong
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:09 - Jun 5 with 1824 viewsWD19

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 13:28 - Jun 5 by never_lose_the_faith

I read, but who knows if true or not , that he got dropped badly in sparring and that he or his dad didn’t want him to fight but Eddie Hearn made him. Also the panic attack thing, but why would he suddenly get this fighting someone he thought would be easy. There is defiantly something fishy going on.
I accept that he never recovered from the blow to the temple, and lost because of this, but he just didn’t look the normal AJ to me.
Must be hard to be a fighter, knowing that you have to be 100% on a certain day at a certain time or all your hard work and legacy can go from a poor performance.
Think of messi, he is amazing most of the time but still has bad games, but this is accepted in football.
I do think that AJ isn’t as good as he is made out to be. If only you could have fury’s skill and Joshua’s power, that would be unbeatable

Its a problem of his/modern boxings own making.....

So obsessed with the 'O' and perfection have people become that any blemish risks an entire legacy. If a boxer was fighting all of the best and engaging in terrific tear ups regularly then nobody would even notice the odd defeat along the way. To me an exciting 40-4-0 record against the best is much better than a dull 30-0-0 record playing it safe all of the time.
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:12 - Jun 5 with 1818 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:09 - Jun 5 by WD19

Its a problem of his/modern boxings own making.....

So obsessed with the 'O' and perfection have people become that any blemish risks an entire legacy. If a boxer was fighting all of the best and engaging in terrific tear ups regularly then nobody would even notice the odd defeat along the way. To me an exciting 40-4-0 record against the best is much better than a dull 30-0-0 record playing it safe all of the time.

I can not agree with this post anymore, have an uppie :)
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 15:13]
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:28 - Jun 5 with 1787 viewschristiand

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 13:28 - Jun 5 by never_lose_the_faith

Regarding the panic attack suggestion perhaps the weight of expectation that has been placed on AJ’s shoulders since the 2012 Olympics has finally caught up with him? The demand for his time through the media must be mentally and physically exhausting for him leading up to a fight. With the constant demand of his time, along with fulfilling a training camp leading up to a bout, it must have some kind of impact eventually. Perhaps this fight just triggered something that has been building up over time?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 17:26]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:38 - Jun 5 with 1759 viewsDeano69

Theres also a suggestion he suffered a knockout in training, which if the case, he should be allowed to fight competitively for at least 3 weeks

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:44 - Jun 5 with 1743 viewsTIB

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:38 - Jun 5 by Deano69

Theres also a suggestion he suffered a knockout in training, which if the case, he should be allowed to fight competitively for at least 3 weeks

Would imagine also if he was knocked out in training that close to the fight and it wasn't reported that Hearn and Co would now be in a lot of hot water with the boxing commission.

End of one of the rounds he was clearly heard saying to his coach "Why am I feeling like this though?". The whole thing was crazy. To me, AJ just looked to have no confidence going forwards...whether that was poor preparation as Ruiz was called in on short notice or whether there is more we'll have to wait and see.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:53 - Jun 5 with 1719 viewspennblue

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:44 - Jun 5 by TIB

Would imagine also if he was knocked out in training that close to the fight and it wasn't reported that Hearn and Co would now be in a lot of hot water with the boxing commission.

End of one of the rounds he was clearly heard saying to his coach "Why am I feeling like this though?". The whole thing was crazy. To me, AJ just looked to have no confidence going forwards...whether that was poor preparation as Ruiz was called in on short notice or whether there is more we'll have to wait and see.

For me, it is a mental issue, self doubt. You could feel it in a lot of his pressers beforehand. Avoiding the 'other 2' as well, I think he knows where he is at, and wanted to keep those belts for as long as possible, as he know deep down, he is not as good as the 'other 2'.

That's I see it, but its only based on tv interviews!

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:53 - Jun 5 with 1718 viewsHerbivore

So far AJ and his team are denying that there were any issues. It's a tricky one, he looked a bit off early on but was starting to get a foothold and he floored Ruiz quite heavily. He then got careless and took two big shots that he never really recovered from. There could be a lot more to this or it could be a simple case of him taking a big shot to the temple that he never recovered from. He was up in the fight until that point and if he'd boxed more carefully going for the finish the outcome might well have been different.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 16:09 - Jun 5 with 1700 viewsgrimboy

That left hook to AJ’s temple was the punch that probably put him in a panic it never regained his composure,Eddie Hearn said he was concussed in the ring and I believe it.
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 16:14 - Jun 5 with 1683 viewsDeano69

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:44 - Jun 5 by TIB

After AJ put Ruiz down and he got up it seemed to me AJ was thinking oh shyte, and never seemed focused after that. The constant 'tappy jab' thing was just odd.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 16:26 - Jun 5 with 1662 viewsHerbivore

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:53 - Jun 5 by pennblue

For me, it is a mental issue, self doubt. You could feel it in a lot of his pressers beforehand. Avoiding the 'other 2' as well, I think he knows where he is at, and wanted to keep those belts for as long as possible, as he know deep down, he is not as good as the 'other 2'.

That's I see it, but its only based on tv interviews!

That's a weird take on it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 17:36 - Jun 5 with 1577 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have only seen highlights but, yes he didn't look right.

The biggest issue is the punch he received to the top/back of his head while Ruiz had his other hand under his chin in my opinion. He never seemed to recover from it by the looks of the little I saw.

Whether Joshua was poorly prepared, not fully fit or just got caught out tactically I don't know.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 17:45 - Jun 5 with 1571 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 17:36 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have only seen highlights but, yes he didn't look right.

The biggest issue is the punch he received to the top/back of his head while Ruiz had his other hand under his chin in my opinion. He never seemed to recover from it by the looks of the little I saw.

Whether Joshua was poorly prepared, not fully fit or just got caught out tactically I don't know.

I thought as he walked into the ring it all seemed very low key for an AJ entrance and he came in very late after Ruiz as well.

Something happened in the dressing room I reckon. He was also not reacting to the British crowd in there, everyone was stunned.

Weird night
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 17:46 - Jun 5 with 1567 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:38 - Jun 5 by Deano69

How can you look in that shape and be so gassed in round 3.
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 17:50 - Jun 5 with 1565 viewsKeaneish

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 15:12 - Jun 5 by never_lose_the_faith

I can not agree with this post anymore, have an uppie :)
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 15:13]

Agreed. An uppy from me too. Everyone's looking for a conspiracy theory for some reason. Maybe AJ just doesn't travel well.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 17:52 - Jun 5 with 1562 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 17:50 - Jun 5 by Keaneish

Agreed. An uppy from me too. Everyone's looking for a conspiracy theory for some reason. Maybe AJ just doesn't travel well.

Too much time on instagram and being the Manhattan poster boy for the week, might have taken his eyes of the prize. The crowd was 50/50 split a lot of English in there.
A lot of a*se covering going on with this Joshua fight. on 18:32 - Jun 5 with 1520 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

He doesn’t look right at the start. Looks like he has been partying with Hatton and fury

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshuas-eyes-all-over-16259209
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 19:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024