Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pak off to a decent start 11:15 - Jun 3 with 1734 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'm going to tune in and hopefully generate a wicket.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Pak off to a decent start on 18:19 - Jun 3 with 536 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pak off to a decent start on 18:17 - Jun 3 by Coastalblue

Hurry up CIL

I wrote it before I saw Buttler holing out.

Does it still count?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Pak off to a decent start on 18:21 - Jun 3 with 528 viewsCoastalblue

Pak off to a decent start on 18:19 - Jun 3 by caught-in-limbo

I wrote it before I saw Buttler holing out.

Does it still count?

We'll see

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Pak off to a decent start on 18:25 - Jun 3 with 523 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pak off to a decent start on 18:21 - Jun 3 by Coastalblue

We'll see

England are so good right now, they can even determine the other semifinalists. This is a sneaky strategy to eliminate the Aussies. Clever.

#toxic

Pak off to a decent start on 18:39 - Jun 3 with 506 viewscaught-in-limbo

So when was the last time a team with two centurions lost an ODI?

That'll work, surely.

#toxic

Pak off to a decent start on 18:54 - Jun 3 with 491 viewsjas0999

Poor from England. Need to beat a couple of the better sides now.
Pak off to a decent start on 20:04 - Jun 3 with 465 viewschristiand

Pak off to a decent start on 18:54 - Jun 3 by jas0999

Poor from England. Need to beat a couple of the better sides now.

This is the good thing about the quality of this tournament, there are quite a few sides that can beat each other on their day. I'm not really sure who will qualify for the top 4 from the group phase and that's what makes this competition an exciting event to watch.....the unpredictability.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Pak off to a decent start on 20:09 - Jun 3 with 459 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Disappointing result but surely just an off day and a blip.

That Ireland record run chase still stands. Surely it will go at some stage this tournament?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pak off to a decent start on 20:29 - Jun 3 with 445 viewsSonOfSpock

Pak off to a decent start on 20:09 - Jun 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

That Ireland record run chase still stands. Surely it will go at some stage this tournament?

Its disappointing but not the end of the world at this early stage.

I'd imagine coach will have a few choice words about some of our fielding errors which cost us wickets and the runs that would have got us home. As in village cricket "catches win matches" and not having somebody backing up behind the stumps to stop overthrows is a cardinal sin in my book.
Login to get fewer ads

Pak off to a decent start on 20:31 - Jun 3 with 444 viewsstonojnr

in a 5 match series a blip means you just win 4-1 instead of 5-0, in a tournament like this a blip can seriously start to impact your prospects of making it to the knockout stages, and of course in the knockout stages its tournament over.

Pakistan beat England to get to the Champions Trophy final only 2 years ago lets not forget

and thats the problem with this current England team, they are always capable of a blip, an off game, and you cant afford too many of them if you want to win the final.

Ive said all along against decent bowlers England are alot more vulnerable than their record hitting exploits might suggest, yes theyve got Bangladesh next, who posted a decent total against South Africa, and its at Cardiff, so a small ground, expect a big total, would England risk chasing or setting a big score first with the weather looking a bit rainy for the rest of this week and Saturday....thats the tournament pressure that starts to impact their thinking that another ODI game in a series wouldnt

even today England werent keeping up with the Duckworth Lewis score
Pak off to a decent start on 20:51 - Jun 3 with 440 viewsReuser_is_God

Disappointing today in the field & with the ball.

The format of this tournament probably means we only need to win 6 from 9 of the group games to progress to semis.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pak off to a decent start on 20:58 - Jun 3 with 436 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pak off to a decent start on 20:31 - Jun 3 by stonojnr

in a 5 match series a blip means you just win 4-1 instead of 5-0, in a tournament like this a blip can seriously start to impact your prospects of making it to the knockout stages, and of course in the knockout stages its tournament over.

Pakistan beat England to get to the Champions Trophy final only 2 years ago lets not forget

and thats the problem with this current England team, they are always capable of a blip, an off game, and you cant afford too many of them if you want to win the final.

Ive said all along against decent bowlers England are alot more vulnerable than their record hitting exploits might suggest, yes theyve got Bangladesh next, who posted a decent total against South Africa, and its at Cardiff, so a small ground, expect a big total, would England risk chasing or setting a big score first with the weather looking a bit rainy for the rest of this week and Saturday....thats the tournament pressure that starts to impact their thinking that another ODI game in a series wouldnt

even today England werent keeping up with the Duckworth Lewis score

If a blip in a 5-match series means you win 4-1 instead of 5-0, a blip in this tournament means you qualify with 8 wins out of 9 instead of 9 out of 9. I am sure we can afford to lose at least 1 if not 2 more.

I was surprised we lost this one and think we made too many mistakes - something we have not been doing much at all in recent matches. We need to make sure we beat at least one of New Zealand, WIndies and Australia and don't slip up in the other matches.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pak off to a decent start on 07:18 - Jun 4 with 391 viewschristiand

Pak off to a decent start on 20:51 - Jun 3 by Reuser_is_God

Disappointing today in the field & with the ball.

The format of this tournament probably means we only need to win 6 from 9 of the group games to progress to semis.

How do you think England will get on in their remaining fixtures?

Bangladesh -
West Indies -
Afghanistan -
Sri Lanka -
Australia -
India -
New Zealand -

They are starting to look extremely tough on paper. 5 of those sides are genuine top 4 contenders.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Pak off to a decent start on 08:07 - Jun 4 with 376 viewsReuser_is_God

Pak off to a decent start on 07:18 - Jun 4 by christiand

How do you think England will get on in their remaining fixtures?

Bangladesh -
West Indies -
Afghanistan -
Sri Lanka -
Australia -
India -
New Zealand -

They are starting to look extremely tough on paper. 5 of those sides are genuine top 4 contenders.

The next 4 are certainly winnable.

Then you’d fancy us to win at least 1 of the last 3.

No need for any panic after yesterday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024