Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans who get depressed when no football? 08:25 - Jun 2 with 1918 viewsPippin1970

I know a couple of guys at work who's mood change when football season finished. Effects the family etc as well. On a complete high when season is on. Not so bad if there is a World cup or European championship in the summer. I've even tried talking to them to rationalise it. Is this quote common?
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 08:30 - Jun 2 with 1882 viewsbritbiker

I quite like it when there is no summer football. A nice 3 month break then go at it again fresh in August.

Maybe its something to do with being a town fan though.
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 09:24 - Jun 2 with 1817 viewsGeoffSentence

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 08:30 - Jun 2 by britbiker

I quite like it when there is no summer football. A nice 3 month break then go at it again fresh in August.

Maybe its something to do with being a town fan though.

Haha, that we will be it. Three months to forget the heartache.

Fans of more conventional clubs probably want to get back to watching their team win.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 09:28 - Jun 2 with 1807 viewsgtsb

I'm more peed off that I can't sit by the river and fish. Two weeks today and I can
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 10:03 - Jun 2 with 1773 viewsfactual_blue

I would suggest you tell them they need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 10:13 - Jun 2 with 1755 viewsBlueBadger

Given the way this season's gone, I suspect most of our fans' moods will have greatly lifted when the season ended.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 1749 viewsJ2BLUE

Football is pretty much year round now. Tell them to google football on tv. There are a few websites which list every game on British tv. Also tell them to get into MLS. The 'quality' is lower but the entertainment is brilliant. New York Red Bulls vs Real Salt Lake was a much better game than Liverpool vs Spurs.

There are England internationals next week. Several international tournaments. Then pre season begins again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 10:51 - Jun 2 with 1718 viewswkj

To be fair, I am ready for a bit of a break. World cup last summer sandwiched by 2 crap seasons for us, its been non-stop.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:07 - Jun 2 with 1651 viewsfactual_blue

I take it they're 'proper blokes' and therefore will be ignoring the Women's World Cup?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:07 - Jun 2 with 1651 viewsNthQldITFC

Get into Aussie rugby league (NRL), the most entertaining sport out there imho.

And there really is only one team that you should be 'following' and that is the mighty North Queensland Cowboys, yee-hah!

Sure the pommie version is pretty good too but.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:13 - Jun 2 with 1640 viewsSonOfSpock

They can't have anything else in their life, it's pretty pathetic to be honest.

They can watch the Cricket?
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:22 - Jun 2 with 1627 viewsstrikalite

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:07 - Jun 2 by factual_blue

I take it they're 'proper blokes' and therefore will be ignoring the Women's World Cup?

England 0 New Zealand 1

World Cup warm up....

That went well..

Surprisingly the beeb haven't mentioned it this morning, still time...
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:25 - Jun 2 with 1629 viewsurbanblue

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:07 - Jun 2 by NthQldITFC

Get into Aussie rugby league (NRL), the most entertaining sport out there imho.

And there really is only one team that you should be 'following' and that is the mighty North Queensland Cowboys, yee-hah!

Sure the pommie version is pretty good too but.

Living in Queensland does strange things to people my friend. Hopefully you will get out one day and make a full recovery!
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:40 - Jun 2 with 1595 viewsNthQldITFC

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:25 - Jun 2 by urbanblue

Living in Queensland does strange things to people my friend. Hopefully you will get out one day and make a full recovery!

Wish I did live there! You wouldn't, perchance, be of the cockroach persuasion?

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:53 - Jun 2 with 1561 viewsurbanblue

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:40 - Jun 2 by NthQldITFC

Wish I did live there! You wouldn't, perchance, be of the cockroach persuasion?

Had to google that ! I've never watched State of Origin in my life and just can't understand the League thing ... Do live in Northern NSW though and do notice that when I venture over the border I meet a different breed. Is the Gold Coast though so ....
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:59 - Jun 2 with 1544 viewsBlueBadger

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:07 - Jun 2 by factual_blue

'But the standard is terrible' say blokes who are looking forward to seeing Ipswich play in teh third division in the anticipation of 'better football'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 13:14 - Jun 2 with 1521 viewsNthQldITFC

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 12:53 - Jun 2 by urbanblue

Had to google that ! I've never watched State of Origin in my life and just can't understand the League thing ... Do live in Northern NSW though and do notice that when I venture over the border I meet a different breed. Is the Gold Coast though so ....

I spend a fair bit of time up near Cairns, nice and rural, stay well away from Brisvegas and all that jazz, not my cuppa. Different breed still applies though to be fair!

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 13:30 - Jun 2 with 1490 viewsurbanblue

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 13:14 - Jun 2 by NthQldITFC

I spend a fair bit of time up near Cairns, nice and rural, stay well away from Brisvegas and all that jazz, not my cuppa. Different breed still applies though to be fair!

Far North Queensland is great and always enjoy Cairns and the area . ... Went last year for the first time in a while and couldn't believe the change in Port Douglas! Progress eh.

You living here in Oz? ... Where are you?
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 13:46 - Jun 2 with 1475 viewsAce_High1

April - August is the best time of the year.

End of the season so games matter, knock out stages of the Champions League so get to see all of the big games and now a nice break. If anything there is too much football, as others highlight with International's now there will hardly be any break before pre-season.

Tell them to get outside and enjoy the sunshine, and if they want a sport fix its cricket season!
Fans who get depressed when no football? on 15:19 - Jun 2 with 1388 viewsJimmyJazz

I quite enjoy international breaks - i don't watch the international games so it's a 2 week break from football. Just long/short enough to be raring to go again once it's finished

I guess we won't have that next season though

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 17:29 - Jun 2 with 1311 viewsTractorWood

Maybe. It's triathlon season so I'm buzzed.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 17:35 - Jun 2 with 1304 viewsNthQldITFC

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 13:30 - Jun 2 by urbanblue

Far North Queensland is great and always enjoy Cairns and the area . ... Went last year for the first time in a while and couldn't believe the change in Port Douglas! Progress eh.

You living here in Oz? ... Where are you?

No, I live in Pommieland, just visit relatives in FNQ when I can.

Fans who get depressed when no football? on 22:25 - Jun 2 with 1196 viewsboroughblue

On a personal note, as a referee, I'm enjoying the break from a extremely long and tiring season. Both physically, and just as much a mental side of things.

Although at the same time, After only a couple of weeks I am starting get a bit bored now, and the thought of pre season training is a vile one. Starting too early in the summer does seem to make the season drag on so long though.

From a Town point of view, I feel like the break couldn't of come quick enough, as las season was horrific week in week out. Hopefully next season will be a much more enjoyable one though...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024