Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Liverpool deserved this 21:54 - Jun 1 with 3087 viewsSuperblue95

Not through being good. Just from Spurs being so pathetic in the final third/ in front of goal.

They may aswell have had Freddie Sears and Kayden Jackson up top.

I wish nothing but misery upon Spurs for letting Liverpool win so easily

Edit: I’m a few pints in, so I may be angry rambling

Edit 2: I forgot to mention the Liverpool racist at the bar who kept calling Son a Japanese b*stard. I mean if you’re gonna be racist at least get the nationality right
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 22:20]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Well Liverpool deserved this on 21:55 - Jun 1 with 3072 viewsStokieBlue

They have both been pathetic.

A total waste of time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well Liverpool deserved this on 21:56 - Jun 1 with 3066 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought Spurs have been by far the better team, although admittedly I only started watching after 35 mins

Penalty was somewhat dubious too, IMO

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Well Liverpool deserved this on 21:57 - Jun 1 with 3056 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That final was pants, will be remember for one thing.... The streaker.

Or maybe two things... the buttocks.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well Liverpool deserved this on 21:58 - Jun 1 with 3050 viewsSuperblue95

Well Liverpool deserved this on 21:56 - Jun 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought Spurs have been by far the better team, although admittedly I only started watching after 35 mins

Penalty was somewhat dubious too, IMO

Penalty extremely harsh. But Sissoko is a moron for having his hand up that high

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:00 - Jun 1 with 3030 viewsm14_blue

Well Liverpool deserved this on 21:55 - Jun 1 by StokieBlue

They have both been pathetic.

A total waste of time.

SB

Inexplicably terrible game.

Spurs were insipid and, if anything, Liverpool were worse.

And to top it all off, the decisive moment is one of those ridiculous handball decisions given after 25 seconds.

I continued to fall out of love with elite football.
Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:00 - Jun 1 with 3029 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Well Liverpool deserved this on 21:58 - Jun 1 by Superblue95

Penalty extremely harsh. But Sissoko is a moron for having his hand up that high

Was just pointing to danger surely

I’m sure some will point out that by the letter of the law it’s in an ‘unnatural position’ and therefore a penalty, but common sense says that there was nothing in it. Again, IMO

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:03 - Jun 1 with 3011 viewsclive_baker

They just lost to a better team didn’t they? One they finished 26 points behind in the league and are clearly inferior to. Not the best match but I thought Spurs gave it a bit of a go 2nd half.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:04 - Jun 1 with 3004 viewsSuperblue95

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:00 - Jun 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Was just pointing to danger surely

I’m sure some will point out that by the letter of the law it’s in an ‘unnatural position’ and therefore a penalty, but common sense says that there was nothing in it. Again, IMO

Agreed. Mane seemed to deliberately kick it into his arm too

Login to get fewer ads

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:07 - Jun 1 with 2981 viewsBasuco

Why play an obviously unfit and out of condition Harry Kane? Spurs effectively played with 10 men.
Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:07 - Jun 1 with 2980 viewsWacko

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:04 - Jun 1 by Superblue95

The ball literally stopped going in the direction it was meant to because of his protruding arm. 100% blatant pen

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:08 - Jun 1 with 2972 viewsTonytown

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:04 - Jun 1 by Superblue95

There are going to be loads of penalties next season with forwards aiming for defenders arms when they are high or wide
Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:09 - Jun 1 with 2957 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:08 - Jun 1 by Tonytown

There are going to be loads of penalties next season with forwards aiming for defenders arms when they are high or wide

Top tip: load up on penalty takers in your FPL team. Then transfer them out in November when the FA/referees/whoever decides these things realise it’s gone too far

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:15 - Jun 1 with 2933 viewspeterleeblue

I feel asleep from 55 to 85 minutes. Dull, really dull!
Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:18 - Jun 1 with 2922 viewsDarth_Koont

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:07 - Jun 1 by Wacko

The ball literally stopped going in the direction it was meant to because of his protruding arm. 100% blatant pen

Yeah, not sure why anyone's making a big thing about this. It would have been hands anywhere else on the pitch so what's the issue?

The early penalty seemed to kill the game though.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:23 - Jun 1 with 2901 viewsBloomBlue

All those great players who have never won the European cup/CL and Daniel Sturridge has two winners medals
Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:25 - Jun 1 with 2892 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:23 - Jun 1 by BloomBlue

All those great players who have never won the European cup/CL and Daniel Sturridge has two winners medals

Not really how it works though

Djimi Traore has 1 - and compared to him Sturridge is one of the games greats

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:32 - Jun 1 with 2855 viewsGirthyguy

Spurs should of won Liverpool were f.. King. S.. T. Dire game seen better at PR this season at our worst. Kayden Jackson would have scored 10 tonight.
Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:43 - Jun 1 with 2818 viewsChurchman

It was an awful game with neither team playing well. So many misplaced passes and also a lot of hoof. Liverpool won without doing anything much, Spurs seem to make all the wrong decisions in the final third. A friend who is a spurs season ticket holder and went, was telling me yesterday that if Kane says he is fit and wants to play, he plays end of. No idea how true that is. However, his lack of match fitness disrupted rather than helped and the gift of hindsight says they might have been better to use him as a sub in the last 20 mins or so.

I’ve always detested Liverpool and their supporters - nothing has changed. No doubt they’ll be even more annoying now.
Well Liverpool deserved this on 05:42 - Jun 2 with 2638 viewsm14_blue

Well Liverpool deserved this on 22:07 - Jun 1 by Wacko

I’m not blaming the ref but it’s just an insane rule.

Why on earth should a champions league final (or any game really) be decided by such a nothing moment? People have arms.

Goals should be hard to come by, that’s the joy of football, I’m not sure why UEFA seem so keen to introduce loads more penalties.
Well Liverpool deserved this on 08:27 - Jun 2 with 2520 viewsWhymarkmariner

Didn't want Liverpool to win. The way I saw it Spurs lost it, Liverpool didn't have to do anything much to win. A "Handball" and several Spurs players deciding Liverpool needed another goal and virtually passed it to Origi. How many Spurs players really shone. Kane was a waste of time, Son kept losing the ball and Deli Ali could be another one of those England players that look like World beaters when they get in the team and then end up in one of the also ran teams in the Prem. Pog needs some funds, no good having the best stadium in the Country and a cr*p team. Not saying Spurs are cr*p, but a few need replacing and the team needs strengthening. After the run that Liverpool went on to chase Man City they probably deserved to win something and unless those teams below Liverpool and City strengthen considerably they won't catch these two as at the moment both are light years ahead of the rest.
Well Liverpool deserved this on 09:04 - Jun 2 with 2471 viewscaught-in-limbo

Well Liverpool deserved this on 05:42 - Jun 2 by m14_blue

I’m not blaming the ref but it’s just an insane rule.

Why on earth should a champions league final (or any game really) be decided by such a nothing moment? People have arms.

Goals should be hard to come by, that’s the joy of football, I’m not sure why UEFA seem so keen to introduce loads more penalties.

I get what you're saying but Spurs still had 88 minutes to do something about it and still had 11 men. If that moment decided the match, Spurs deserve nothing but a bunch of runners-up medals.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Well Liverpool deserved this on 09:28 - Jun 2 with 2439 viewsm14_blue

Well Liverpool deserved this on 09:04 - Jun 2 by caught-in-limbo

I get what you're saying but Spurs still had 88 minutes to do something about it and still had 11 men. If that moment decided the match, Spurs deserve nothing but a bunch of runners-up medals.

Yeah very true.

I’m not really looking at it from a spurs point of view, rather a football one. I hate to see games decided by soft penalties and fear it could become the norm next season.

There are so many bigger problems in football than the handball rule (at least until they muddied the waters a couple of years ago), I don’t see what was wrong with the ‘deliberate’ interpretation.
Well Liverpool deserved this on 10:42 - Jun 2 with 2380 viewscaught-in-limbo

Well Liverpool deserved this on 09:28 - Jun 2 by m14_blue

Yeah very true.

I’m not really looking at it from a spurs point of view, rather a football one. I hate to see games decided by soft penalties and fear it could become the norm next season.

There are so many bigger problems in football than the handball rule (at least until they muddied the waters a couple of years ago), I don’t see what was wrong with the ‘deliberate’ interpretation.

It's certainly a tricky one. We've all seen top matches "ruined" by sendings off in the first 5 to 10 minutes of a game. Players know that and probably expect a bit of leniency from the officials. So what's a ref to do: keep the game alive or apply the rules?

VAR seems to have created more problems than it has solved. That said, it all depends if the results go your way or not.

What's weird, here (in Spain) is that since the semi finals, there's been a lot of soul searching about the football played here and over there in England. Personally, I don't think it's much more than a collision of cycles: Madrid and Barça are on a downward cycle and England, mainly because the best managers working there are, on an up-cycle. It'll all be different again in another 4 or 5 years.

Then this showcase final happens between two English teams in Spain and it's very disappointing. Ajax and Barça must be kicking themselves.

It's easy to say in hindsight but a Liverpool v Ajax final would most probably have been a greater spectacle.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Well Liverpool deserved this on 19:19 - Jun 2 with 2262 viewsFootballpete

Well Liverpool deserved this on 10:42 - Jun 2 by caught-in-limbo

It's certainly a tricky one. We've all seen top matches "ruined" by sendings off in the first 5 to 10 minutes of a game. Players know that and probably expect a bit of leniency from the officials. So what's a ref to do: keep the game alive or apply the rules?

VAR seems to have created more problems than it has solved. That said, it all depends if the results go your way or not.

What's weird, here (in Spain) is that since the semi finals, there's been a lot of soul searching about the football played here and over there in England. Personally, I don't think it's much more than a collision of cycles: Madrid and Barça are on a downward cycle and England, mainly because the best managers working there are, on an up-cycle. It'll all be different again in another 4 or 5 years.

Then this showcase final happens between two English teams in Spain and it's very disappointing. Ajax and Barça must be kicking themselves.

It's easy to say in hindsight but a Liverpool v Ajax final would most probably have been a greater spectacle.

I think had it been Spurs who’d scored in the 2nd minute rather than Liverpool it would have been a much better game, but who knows?

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024