Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich signings you were most wrong about 19:33 - Jun 1 with 6948 viewsDarth_Koont

I've been wrong about many of them as it's the triumph of hope over experience where I often hope they can be the missing piece.

But probably Priskin for me. He'd been a star performer and prolific goalscorer in the six months before but almost none of that transferred to us.

Another player that I was wrong about but in the other direction was Marcus Stewart. Clearly a good player at Huddersfield but I thought it might have been the wrong move at first and for too much money. He went on to prove me massively and joyously wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 14:58 - Jun 2 with 504 viewsHerbivore

Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 14:43 - Jun 2 by Churchman

It was an odd one. I saw him first in the pre season friendly at PR and thought ‘hello, Mick’s brought in a really good player here’. He was lively, aggressive and had one heck of a shot. Thought the long throw would be an asset too. For us, not the opposition!

The clue was in ‘pre season friendly’ as after that he was all over the place a lot of the time. Not as bad as some painted but not great. He did improve and I always liked his bravery, but all in all he was a disappointment, sadly.

He cost £300k, if you were expecting a Danish version of Roberto Carlos for that kind of money then of course you'd be disappointed. On the whole we got good value out of him I think.

I had relatively low expectations of Martyn Waghorn. Thought he had the look of a journeyman on paper and for £250k I thought he was mainly signed to add depth to the squad. Turns out he was brilliant.

As others have mentioned, Shefki looked a pub player when we first signed him but went on to be awesome.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 15:04]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 15:03 - Jun 2 with 497 viewsbontcho

I remember thinking Lyall had signed West Ham’s old dregs when Whitton and Goddard turned up. Almost felt like a favour to old mates.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 16:56 - Jun 2 with 449 viewsWestcountryblue

Ivar Ingarmarsson. Thought he'd be a rock for us with Chopra, JET et al providing the firepower
Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 17:13 - Jun 2 with 434 viewsChurchman

Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 14:58 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

He cost £300k, if you were expecting a Danish version of Roberto Carlos for that kind of money then of course you'd be disappointed. On the whole we got good value out of him I think.

I had relatively low expectations of Martyn Waghorn. Thought he had the look of a journeyman on paper and for £250k I thought he was mainly signed to add depth to the squad. Turns out he was brilliant.

As others have mentioned, Shefki looked a pub player when we first signed him but went on to be awesome.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 15:04]

Fair comment. Can’t disagree. My disappointment was really against what I thought he might be when I first saw him and I suspect Mings turning out so good for peanuts was part of that
Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 17:24 - Jun 2 with 424 viewsHerbivore

Ipswich signings you were most wrong about on 17:13 - Jun 2 by Churchman

Fair comment. Can’t disagree. My disappointment was really against what I thought he might be when I first saw him and I suspect Mings turning out so good for peanuts was part of that

Knudsen is/was a decent Championship full back, whereas his two predecessors were cracking players who we've ended up getting about £15m for. Tough for Jonas to live up to that, although we probably ought to have got a couple of million for him last summer if he was likely to be off at the end of his contract.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024