Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suffolk show advice please 08:43 - May 29 with 780 viewsBlueRaider

I'm going to the show tomorrow for the first time

We will need to leave at about 3:30

For experienced show goers :

1) Whats the best time to head for the show to avoid too much traffic ?
2) How easy is it to park ?
3) Is the food stupidly expensive ? How much seating is there ?
4) Is there a picnic area ? Is it big ?
5) Any tips on what is best to see ? (Going with two girls, 12 & 10)

Ta

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Suffolk show advice please on 09:10 - May 29 with 738 viewsHolyGoalie

1.) Really, Suffolk show traffic is never pleasant, my advice is get there early as possible.

2.) Following step 1 I haven't really had a parking issue, although last year I opted to do park and ride and take a bus there.

3 and 4) There are usually plenty of places to have a picnic if you take a blanket, food is uncomfortably priced as you'd probably expect from an event. Some places lay on eating areas, never had an issue with lunch at the show tbf.

5.) Hard to really tell to be honest without knowing whats on this year. I remember as a kid it was really easy to get bored fast there though, so be prepared to have the young lings asking to go home early afternoon.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Suffolk show advice please on 09:14 - May 29 with 730 viewsfactual_blue

https://suffolkshow.co.uk/suffolk-show/attractions-displays/50-things-to-do-for-

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Suffolk show advice please on 09:41 - May 29 with 681 viewsBlueRaider

Suffolk show advice please on 09:10 - May 29 by HolyGoalie

1.) Really, Suffolk show traffic is never pleasant, my advice is get there early as possible.

2.) Following step 1 I haven't really had a parking issue, although last year I opted to do park and ride and take a bus there.

3 and 4) There are usually plenty of places to have a picnic if you take a blanket, food is uncomfortably priced as you'd probably expect from an event. Some places lay on eating areas, never had an issue with lunch at the show tbf.

5.) Hard to really tell to be honest without knowing whats on this year. I remember as a kid it was really easy to get bored fast there though, so be prepared to have the young lings asking to go home early afternoon.

Thanks !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Suffolk show advice please on 10:33 - May 29 with 635 viewsElephantintheRoom

You need to get there early if you don't want a long queue. Parking in my experience is good (if it doesn't rain) But you will need to remember a marker or two for where you parked.

I's nowhere near as good for kids as it used to be as all the tractors etc are now the size of office blocks and they don't let children sit on them. My kids always enjoyed the animal enclosures, saying hi to pampered sheep, Suffolk punches and porky pigs etc. The show rings are a bit of a bore and largely for pensioners and the green willies and tweed brigade. Everything is expensive as you might expect. I suspect your girls might get quite bored quite quickly - particularly if it rains. Depends if they are interested in all things country, overpriced crafts - and don't mind plenty of walkin

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024