Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? 00:10 - May 29 with 3992 viewsJoHnNnY

He won’t be coming. Been too drawn out.

Thinking of possible targets.. Does anybody else think there is any “surplus” Championship strikers that would score 30+ goals in league 2... I’m sure there’s a few.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:18 - May 29 with 3299 viewsMrTown

I wouldn’t have thought so. Can’t see a surplus centre forward scoring 30 goals out of nowhere, although I’m sure it can happen.

Liked the idea of a striker with serious pedigree in recent times, for him to be prime age, free transfer was a bonus.

Worry about the deal, fear we might be pipped now. Hope this doesn’t turn us to Keane (injury record) and Lambert has a plan B.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:39 - May 29 with 3251 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:18 - May 29 by MrTown

I wouldn’t have thought so. Can’t see a surplus centre forward scoring 30 goals out of nowhere, although I’m sure it can happen.

Liked the idea of a striker with serious pedigree in recent times, for him to be prime age, free transfer was a bonus.

Worry about the deal, fear we might be pipped now. Hope this doesn’t turn us to Keane (injury record) and Lambert has a plan B.

“Serious pedigree”? He’s spent his whole career in the Conference.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:58 - May 29 with 3238 viewsMrTown

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:39 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

“Serious pedigree”? He’s spent his whole career in the Conference.

Proven scoring pedigree, near undeniable.

Scored near 150 goals at his last 2 clubs (Tranmere & FGR), over 50 assists.

Top goal scorer in League 2 with 32, top scorer at Tranmere with the 3rd top scorer coming in with 6, seemingly fired Tranmere into League 1 over the course of a season. Fantastic movement, aggression, selfishness, nastiness, real goal scorer.... pedigree.

And we’ll miss out on him.

Always used the term pedigree in football context to relate to an individuals credibility, and in context Norwood comes with that.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 1:04]

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 01:13 - May 29 with 3211 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:58 - May 29 by MrTown

Top goal scorer in League 2 with 32, top scorer at Tranmere with the 3rd top scorer coming in with 6, seemingly fired Tranmere into League 1 over the course of a season. Fantastic movement, aggression, selfishness, nastiness, real goal scorer.... pedigree.

Always used the term pedigree in football context to relate to an individuals credibility, and in context Norwood comes with that.

Fair enough, can’t argue with that. We’d have been asking for a big step up though. I suppose we’ll never find out if he’d have been a good signing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 01:27 - May 29 with 3197 viewsMrTown

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 01:13 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

Fair enough, can’t argue with that. We’d have been asking for a big step up though. I suppose we’ll never find out if he’d have been a good signing.

I think possibly, maybe not as big a step up as people might think though. He’s going to be in this league next year, maybe even the one above anyway so we will be able to measure him this time 12 months by all accounts.

Hope Lambert has a plan B, hasn’t placed all his eggs in the Norwood basket.

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 06:38 - May 29 with 2960 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Too drawn out?

Tranmere played at Wembley FOUR days ago where they won promotion.

Three days okay they had a civic reception.

He’s now take a well deserved holiday.

An in-demand free agent with lots of clubs likely after his services and you’d like him to decide within 72 hours?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 07:22 - May 29 with 2766 viewsbluesym

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 06:38 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Too drawn out?

An in-demand free agent with lots of clubs likely after his services and you’d like him to decide within 72 hours?

Quite.This pants wetting about it by some is hilarious.

What will be will be 🤷🏻‍♂️

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 07:30 - May 29 with 2726 viewshomer_123

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 01:27 - May 29 by MrTown

I think possibly, maybe not as big a step up as people might think though. He’s going to be in this league next year, maybe even the one above anyway so we will be able to measure him this time 12 months by all accounts.

Hope Lambert has a plan B, hasn’t placed all his eggs in the Norwood basket.

I refer the Honourable gentleman to Jackson and Harrison.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 07:55 - May 29 with 2602 viewsChurchman

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 07:30 - May 29 by homer_123

I remember when Sam Parkin signed from Swindon (I think) having scored buckets of goals at a lower level. It was obvious within 20 mins he was out of his depth. And so it proved.

No guarantees with any player stepping up, including Norwood, though to be fair the 2 games I saw he looked the kind of player we need at that level.

I would add that it’s hard to tell how good or bad a forward is in our team because the service has been non existent for years.
Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:03 - May 29 with 2551 viewsBloomBlue

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:58 - May 29 by MrTown

But not in L1. We signed 2 strikers last season who looked good in the lower leagues and struggled in a higher league.

But I'll admit you have to take a gamble sometimes and even those players who have the pedigree dont always deliver. Will Grigg for example did it in L1 went up to the championship and didn't exactly smash it, moved back to L1 and struggled.
Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:05 - May 29 with 2551 viewsCoastalblue

Are people really that convinced he's the answer for us?

I hope he is but surely he comes with a big question mark and a lot to prove?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:06 - May 29 with 2535 viewsGuthrum

Too drawn out?

Plus he is still under contract at Tranmere until 30th June.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:12 - May 29 with 2491 viewschristiand

Too drawn out?

Very true. I bet Norwood feels like a King sitting on his throne currently, he's in such a position of strength. I doubt very much that his services have ever been so much in demand in his footballing career as they are right now?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:14 - May 29 with 2469 viewsHerbivore

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 07:30 - May 29 by homer_123

The step up to League 1 from League 2 is incomparable to the step up from League 1 to the Championship though (or from League 2 to the Champ in Jackson's case). I'd expect Norwood to be effective in League 1 but I think people are also getting a bit carried away. I watched him in the play off games and he looked decent but I couldn't see him doing much in the Championship. Thankfully we don't need him to next season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:24 - May 29 with 2432 viewschristiand

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:14 - May 29 by Herbivore

The step up to League 1 from League 2 is incomparable to the step up from League 1 to the Championship though (or from League 2 to the Champ in Jackson's case). I'd expect Norwood to be effective in League 1 but I think people are also getting a bit carried away. I watched him in the play off games and he looked decent but I couldn't see him doing much in the Championship. Thankfully we don't need him to next season.

Playing in a side with better players than Tranmere Rovers you just can't make that assumption that Norwood couldn't deliver in The Championship, he's a goalscorer and they are a valued commodity. Who would've thought that Vardy could score goals in the Premier League while playing his football in the National League? There's always an exception to the rule.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 8:27]

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:25 - May 29 with 2412 viewsKieran_Knows

That's it then, JoHnNnY said he's not coming .... so he's not coming.

Glad we've got that cleared up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:27 - May 29 with 2396 viewsHerbivore

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:24 - May 29 by christiand

Playing in a side with better players than Tranmere Rovers you just can't make that assumption that Norwood couldn't deliver in The Championship, he's a goalscorer and they are a valued commodity. Who would've thought that Vardy could score goals in the Premier League while playing his football in the National League? There's always an exception to the rule.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 8:27]

Vardy wasn't 28 and he has incredible raw pace. He didn't step straight into the Prem either. It's not really a good comparison. From what I've seen of Norwood and looking at his career to date I don't see a Championship goalscorer in him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:29 - May 29 with 2387 viewsMullet

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:27 - May 29 by Herbivore

Vardy wasn't 28 and he has incredible raw pace. He didn't step straight into the Prem either. It's not really a good comparison. From what I've seen of Norwood and looking at his career to date I don't see a Championship goalscorer in him.

I am absolutely baffled by all this. He is surely a punt on a free and an acceptance he gives a different option - if he is the main man and all we can afford, well...

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:32 - May 29 with 2348 viewsPJH

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:29 - May 29 by Mullet

I am absolutely baffled by all this. He is surely a punt on a free and an acceptance he gives a different option - if he is the main man and all we can afford, well...

As I see it we cannot really go wrong IF we sign Norwood.
If he does join us he might well get the goals to get us back into The Championship, we can then worry about whether he is good enough for The Championship in a years time.
Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:32 - May 29 with 2349 viewschristiand

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:27 - May 29 by Herbivore

No, that's a very fair comparison. Someone that has spent their career in the lower leagues and worked their way up the footballing pyramid. Norwood might not have raw pace like Vardy, but he has other attributes that make him the goalscorer he is. Someone that has raw pace doesn't make them an instant Premier League player either!

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:42 - May 29 with 2273 viewschristiand

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:29 - May 29 by Mullet

I'm not even sure you could even say he's a 'punt' Mullet. With his track record over the last 3 seasons as a goalscorer he's exactly the type of signing we need in going forwards. Playing in a better side, with better players that is going to create chances for him, I feel Norwood would be a very sensible gamble. He knows instinctively how to stick the ball in the back of the net and that's someone we lacked last season.

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:45 - May 29 with 2257 viewsMullet

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:32 - May 29 by christiand

No, that's a very fair comparison. Someone that has spent their career in the lower leagues and worked their way up the footballing pyramid. Norwood might not have raw pace like Vardy, but he has other attributes that make him the goalscorer he is. Someone that has raw pace doesn't make them an instant Premier League player either!

It's a nonsense though - all he has in common with Vardy (who is the biggest exception to the rule) is that he's dropped right through the leagues. That's it.

Totally different players, ages, careers etc. Until we get him, until we see what Lambert is doing all this setting him up to be a saviour is risky and a good barometer of how far we've fallen.

Fans would be mortified most seasons with a signing like this, to see them suddenly hero worshipping the bloke as has been the case is weird to say the least.

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:55 - May 29 with 2172 viewschristiand

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:45 - May 29 by Mullet

It's a nonsense though - all he has in common with Vardy (who is the biggest exception to the rule) is that he's dropped right through the leagues. That's it.

Totally different players, ages, careers etc. Until we get him, until we see what Lambert is doing all this setting him up to be a saviour is risky and a good barometer of how far we've fallen.

Fans would be mortified most seasons with a signing like this, to see them suddenly hero worshipping the bloke as has been the case is weird to say the least.

It's like any signing though, it's a risk and not just with what he is doing on the pitch, there are many variables off it which make a signing a success. No one is setting him up as a saviour (I'm certainly not), but someone that knows how to score goals is a very valued commodity at any level, which simply can't be ignored. Just writing him off and saying he can't do it at a higher level is blinkered, he might be stepping up in quality but he'll be playing in a better side and that goalscoring instinct is built in.

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:05 - May 29 with 2077 viewsMullet

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:55 - May 29 by christiand

It's like any signing though, it's a risk and not just with what he is doing on the pitch, there are many variables off it which make a signing a success. No one is setting him up as a saviour (I'm certainly not), but someone that knows how to score goals is a very valued commodity at any level, which simply can't be ignored. Just writing him off and saying he can't do it at a higher level is blinkered, he might be stepping up in quality but he'll be playing in a better side and that goalscoring instinct is built in.

No one is writing him off, merely the opposite.

When he's not even signed and is coming from Tranmere who have just massively overachieved, you'd be a fool to ignore last summer let alone the Priskin, Parkin lineage of signings too.

Calling me blinkered for something I've not said in this manner is only proving my point. As for a better side, we're utterly toot. Up there as the worst side in Championship history with a loser's mentality. People seem to be glossing over how much work needs to be done.

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:12 - May 29 with 2021 viewsWallingford_Boy

Its basically a done deal pal.

Pre-contract agreement and all that.

There aren't going to be that many other clubs chasing an aging, non-league/lge 2 goalscorer anyway.

He ain't Alan Shearer.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024