Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader 07:36 - May 28 with 6668 viewsSteve_M

Definitely not a cult.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:25 - May 28 with 1752 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:22 - May 28 by SpruceMoose

Too many people these days are addicted to one political cult or another. No point trying to make them see anything other than their extremely narrow world view. It won't compute.

Dolly is to JC as Pickles is to Brexit.

Again, Spruce spreading nonsense. I've repeatedly talked about the things I disagree with Corbyn on (the biggest being Europe) so how does that fit with your view I'm part of a cult exactly?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:31 - May 28 with 1742 viewslowhouseblue

i see that yet another group is weaponizing anti-semitism just to attack the dear leader:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48433964

i expect they're being manipulated by 'interest groups' as well. when will these smears stop?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:38 - May 28 with 1728 viewsSteve_M

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:31 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

i see that yet another group is weaponizing anti-semitism just to attack the dear leader:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48433964

i expect they're being manipulated by 'interest groups' as well. when will these smears stop?

The bit that Private Eye published on this two weeks ago was damning:

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:45 - May 28 with 1712 viewsSteve_M

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 13:36 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

That's just silly. Big difference between saying "well done" to someone and voting for another party and then bragging about it.

What about this one then?

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/80902/a

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:52 - May 28 with 1687 viewsDarth_Koont

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:38 - May 28 by Steve_M

The bit that Private Eye published on this two weeks ago was damning:

To be fair, the EHRC is investigating the handling of complaints to see whether they've been handled with due process.

This is the point the "Corbyn is an antisemite" campaign has reached ... because the antisemitic incidents themselves didn't actually show what they wanted them to show.

It'll be interesting to see what objective conclusions the evidence leads to.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:59 - May 28 with 1656 viewslowhouseblue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:52 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, the EHRC is investigating the handling of complaints to see whether they've been handled with due process.

This is the point the "Corbyn is an antisemite" campaign has reached ... because the antisemitic incidents themselves didn't actually show what they wanted them to show.

"the handling of complaints to see whether they've been handled with due process"

and the failure to handle complaints properly is of course a key aspect of institutional anti-semitism, as well you know.

you just keep telling yourself that the incidents of anti-semitism are minor / exaggerated / made up / pushed by 'interest groups', since that seems to make you happy. its all just people who are opposed to corbyn. the ehrc are always launching full investigations on a whim and don't need any evidence before they do so.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:08 - May 28 with 1634 viewsDarth_Koont

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:59 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

"the handling of complaints to see whether they've been handled with due process"

and the failure to handle complaints properly is of course a key aspect of institutional anti-semitism, as well you know.

you just keep telling yourself that the incidents of anti-semitism are minor / exaggerated / made up / pushed by 'interest groups', since that seems to make you happy. its all just people who are opposed to corbyn. the ehrc are always launching full investigations on a whim and don't need any evidence before they do so.

I could engage with you but then I'd just be correcting your misrepresentation of what I said. Which you'll then repeat again and again anyway.

But re: the institutional anti-semitism point, let's see what the evidence points to. When Labour published their complaints there were 673 complaints made in 10 months. Now, the LAAS are submitting a 15,000 page dossier ... even if presumably that's over a few years why the massive discrepancy?

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:12 - May 28 with 1611 viewsballycastle

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:52 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

Sand head.
Login to get fewer ads

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:18 - May 28 with 1598 viewsDarth_Koont

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:12 - May 28 by ballycastle

Sand head.

No, I'm looking for what the evidence says. Not what people say it says. The latter has been the approach for the past few years.

And I don't trust politicians and the media in general, much less those who have been highly motivated against Corbyn from the very start.

Remember Hodge's own files that were meant to prove Labour antisemitism? Remind me how that went when the evidence was looked at objectively?

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:37 - May 28 with 1554 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:07 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

Haha, brilliant.

So people are complaining Campbell got expelled for voting for another party (and telling the world about it live on BBC TV) and yet it was Blair and Campbell who put the expulsion rule in in the first place.

You couldn't make it up!

Interesting downvote for stating a fact1

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:55 - May 28 with 1525 viewslowhouseblue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:08 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

I could engage with you but then I'd just be correcting your misrepresentation of what I said. Which you'll then repeat again and again anyway.

But re: the institutional anti-semitism point, let's see what the evidence points to. When Labour published their complaints there were 673 complaints made in 10 months. Now, the LAAS are submitting a 15,000 page dossier ... even if presumably that's over a few years why the massive discrepancy?

i don't misrepresent what you post. it can be summarised as: deny, downplay, dismiss, blame it on 'interest groups'. anyone who has followed your posts knows this to be true. the full investigation by the ehrc (following their initial investigation) makes no difference to you. that the only previous party to be subject to a full ehrc investigation was the bnp makes no difference to you. you have dug yourself a hole and you have no idea of the way out of it. bit sad really.

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:09 - May 28 with 1507 viewsBackToRussia

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 15:55 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

i don't misrepresent what you post. it can be summarised as: deny, downplay, dismiss, blame it on 'interest groups'. anyone who has followed your posts knows this to be true. the full investigation by the ehrc (following their initial investigation) makes no difference to you. that the only previous party to be subject to a full ehrc investigation was the bnp makes no difference to you. you have dug yourself a hole and you have no idea of the way out of it. bit sad really.

You realise the investigation has just started? It'll be a bit embarrassing for you lot if they don't find institutional antisemitism.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:26 - May 28 with 1477 viewsgordon

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:59 - May 28 by lowhouseblue

If failure to handle complaints properly is a key aspect of institutional antisemitism, someone should tell them to investigate British Gas. Must be a right load of holocaust deniers in the top jobs.
Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:38 - May 28 with 1454 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 14:15 - May 28 by StokieBlue

Right, this is getting frustrating.

It's not just what Alistair Campbell thinks though - I'm sure Margaret Hodge thinks what she tweeted independently as do all the other people. You are belittling their opinions and intelligence with your stance.

"People saying it since haven't independently thought it."

That's a pretty unbelievable thing to say. How insulting.

It's head in the sands stuff and quite worrying. I'm pretty shocked. I actually think you're embarrassing yourself here which is unfortunate.

SB
[Post edited 28 May 2019 14:17]

Funny how when it's revealed that Campbell put in this expulsion rule himself you disappear from the thread.

Who's embarrassed?

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:45 - May 28 with 1437 viewsStokieBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:38 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

Funny how when it's revealed that Campbell put in this expulsion rule himself you disappear from the thread.

Who's embarrassed?

I've been busy for a bit and I didn't disappear after that was pointed out. You really are struggling today. You have no objectivity and it's making you post some right nonsense.

It's nothing to do with the rule, you are attempting to obfuscate the double-standards by latching on to that ray of hope.

Why haven't you commented on Steve's link? Why haven't you commented on the point raised about Corybn commenting on Galloway? Why haven't you addressed the Hoey point?

The original point was about the speed in which this was enacting compared to other rules which are broken by JC's allies. It was about the thoughts of other Labour MPs on the subject. Many posters have pointed both of these points out to you.

You found one thing which meant you could maintain your support without having to think about the subject in a way that's uncomfortable and have latched onto it like a fly to a light source.

SB
[Post edited 28 May 2019 16:45]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:46 - May 28 with 1433 viewsgiant_stow

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:38 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

Who's embarrassed?

i think you're missing the point.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:52 - May 28 with 1418 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:45 - May 28 by StokieBlue

I've been busy for a bit and I didn't disappear after that was pointed out. You really are struggling today. You have no objectivity and it's making you post some right nonsense.

It's nothing to do with the rule, you are attempting to obfuscate the double-standards by latching on to that ray of hope.

Why haven't you commented on Steve's link? Why haven't you commented on the point raised about Corybn commenting on Galloway? Why haven't you addressed the Hoey point?

The original point was about the speed in which this was enacting compared to other rules which are broken by JC's allies. It was about the thoughts of other Labour MPs on the subject. Many posters have pointed both of these points out to you.

You found one thing which meant you could maintain your support without having to think about the subject in a way that's uncomfortable and have latched onto it like a fly to a light source.

SB
[Post edited 28 May 2019 16:45]

I didn't see any point commenting on Steve's link - it's obvious the rule should've applied in that case as well. Not sure why it didn't.

I have commented on Corbyn commenting on Galloway.

I thought the original point was that it's a disgrace Corbyn has expelled Campbell. Many people are saying that. Yet you've made no comment on the fact it was Campbell who brought the ruling in.

It's a pretty major point, I'd say.

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:55 - May 28 with 1400 viewsgiant_stow

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:52 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

I didn't see any point commenting on Steve's link - it's obvious the rule should've applied in that case as well. Not sure why it didn't.

I thought the original point was that it's a disgrace Corbyn has expelled Campbell. Many people are saying that. Yet you've made no comment on the fact it was Campbell who brought the ruling in.

Nope, the point is that they've sacked Campbell in days, while letting possible antisemites stay in the party for months / years while they investigate.

Terrible priorities, especially when Campbell's crime was to vote for a party offering the policy that they will now probably take on having been shellacked by the voters. They ought to thank him.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:58 - May 28 with 1391 viewsStokieBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:52 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

Your not sure why it wasn't?

Could it perhaps be because he's JC's political aide and now advisor? One rule for some and another rule for others. To ignore it is ridiculous.

Here is another example. Three people suspended for supporting but not even voting for another party candidate:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39854942

Fisher did this and Hoey did this to no action.

The point was on the double-standards across the expulsion process, a point you've missed because you don't want to see it.

SB

Edit: Where have you commented on the Galloway point?
[Post edited 28 May 2019 17:01]

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:58 - May 28 with 1390 viewsballycastle

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:26 - May 28 by gordon

If failure to handle complaints properly is a key aspect of institutional antisemitism, someone should tell them to investigate British Gas. Must be a right load of holocaust deniers in the top jobs.

Please explain this.
Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 17:00 - May 28 with 1382 viewsgiant_stow

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:58 - May 28 by StokieBlue

Could it perhaps be because he's JC's political aide and now advisor? One rule for some and another rule for others. To ignore it is ridiculous.

Here is another example. Three people suspended for supporting but not even voting for another party candidate:

The point was on the double-standards across the expulsion process, a point you've missed because you don't want to see it.

SB

gawd. There it is laid bare. fck em'.

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 17:04 - May 28 with 1366 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As per my post in the other thread was that rule definitely brought in by Blair and Campbell, as I’m struggling to find confirmation that was the case? I don’t know either way - but Owen Jones has today tweeted about it being utilised under the Blair administration, so quite possible the tweeter stating they brought it in has got the wrong end of the stick

Campbell was clearly aware of the rule still and admitted as much later in his interview. Given what a canny operator so it wouldn’t surprise me if he revealed it deliberately knowing what the fallout would be

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 17:06 - May 28 with 1363 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:55 - May 28 by giant_stow

Nope, the point is that they've sacked Campbell in days, while letting possible antisemites stay in the party for months / years while they investigate.

Terrible priorities, especially when Campbell's crime was to vote for a party offering the policy that they will now probably take on having been shellacked by the voters. They ought to thank him.

But in the case of Campbell, what is there to investigate? He said it live on BBC TV.

The rule, which Campbell put in himself, is pretty clear. I don't agree with it as it happens, but he was the one who put it in!

I don't think any of this has anything to do with the anti semitism investigations. Of course, people should be expelled for anti semitism as quickly as possible too, but it's comparing apples with pears. There's no "terrible priorities." One doesn't stop the other happening, they're not related.

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 17:13 - May 28 with 1332 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 16:58 - May 28 by StokieBlue

SB

Where have you commented on the Galloway point?

"That's just silly. Big difference between saying "well done" to someone and voting for another party and then bragging about it."

Don't know how to link it but it's halfway down page 2... and...err... you replied to it!

Awks.

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 17:13 - May 28 with 1331 viewsStokieBlue

Good to see Labour reacting thoughtfully to criticism of the Dear Leader on 17:04 - May 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

As per my post in the other thread was that rule definitely brought in by Blair and Campbell, as I’m struggling to find confirmation that was the case? I don’t know either way - but Owen Jones has today tweeted about it being utilised under the Blair administration, so quite possible the tweeter stating they brought it in has got the wrong end of the stick

Campbell was clearly aware of the rule still and admitted as much later in his interview. Given what a canny operator so it wouldn’t surprise me if he revealed it deliberately knowing what the fallout would be

I can't find a single source saying Campbell made that rule except from BackToRussia on this forum.

He's probably right but Dollers should double-check before parroting it in every reply. He's not keen on single source news.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024