Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... 08:02 - May 27 with 2500 viewsBlueBoots

By my tallying (based on UK Population, Number of Registered Voters and EU Election Voter Turnout) I make that 5.5m votes for the Brexit Party...

The 8% have spoken...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:04 - May 27 with 2129 viewsBrianTablet

First, let's implement all the policies on Farage's manifesto.

#vacuousdick

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:06 - May 27 with 2110 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t know why you bothered with the maths, they got 5.2m votes - as is readily published. It was nearly 2m more than the nearest party

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/crjeqkdevwvt/the-uks-european-elections-2019

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:11 - May 27 with 2080 viewsbluelagos

And we get a new PM based on the wishes of 0.27% of the electorzte shortly...

What a way to govern ourselves.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:22 - May 27 with 2048 viewsBlueBoots

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:06 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t know why you bothered with the maths, they got 5.2m votes - as is readily published. It was nearly 2m more than the nearest party

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/crjeqkdevwvt/the-uks-european-elections-2019

Thank you for the correction - the 7.75% have spoken (bit more maths)

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:23 - May 27 with 2032 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:22 - May 27 by BlueBoots

Thank you for the correction - the 7.75% have spoken (bit more maths)

It’s a good job there wasn’t an actual referendum on the subject a couple of years back with a much larger turnout and vote share then

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:33 - May 27 with 1972 viewsfooters

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:23 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a good job there wasn’t an actual referendum on the subject a couple of years back with a much larger turnout and vote share then

Ahh so this was a meaningless protest vote then? Best tell that to the tell it like it is brigade!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:34 - May 27 with 1959 viewsBlueBoots

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:23 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I didn't realise democracy meant that it's set in stone that the people only get to vote on important decisions once - if that were the case we'd still be governed by the Whig party.

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:45 - May 27 with 1907 viewsSwansea_Blue

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:34 - May 27 by BlueBoots

I didn't realise democracy meant that it's set in stone that the people only get to vote on important decisions once - if that were the case we'd still be governed by the Whig party.

You should have known that buh. The people who are crowing over how this vote is a victory for democracy, after complaining it would be a betrayal of democracy to hold the election, have been whining for months that to have a vote on a now known position would be undemocratic. Haven’t you been listening?

Wibble.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:55 - May 27 with 1877 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:33 - May 27 by footers

Ahh so this was a meaningless protest vote then? Best tell that to the tell it like it is brigade!

I wasn’t replying to them, I was replying to the OP. Biggest conclusion from these results is the black eye to the big 2, clearly. But it undoubtedly shows there is still large-scale support for Brexit, which is a surprise to no-one outside of the London bubble quite frankly

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:57 - May 27 with 1868 viewsHerbivore

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:55 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I wasn’t replying to them, I was replying to the OP. Biggest conclusion from these results is the black eye to the big 2, clearly. But it undoubtedly shows there is still large-scale support for Brexit, which is a surprise to no-one outside of the London bubble quite frankly

It also shows there is large scale support for remaining.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:00 - May 27 with 1853 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:34 - May 27 by BlueBoots

Not sure what your point is, I never mentioned a second referendum

Reality is we had a referendum 2 years ago in which the leave vote won. Yesterday we had European elections and a newly created party with no policies other than Brexit won nearly a third of the vote. Anyone pretending that this result means there isn’t still large support for Brexit are living in cloud cuckoo land, I’m afraid

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:02 - May 27 with 1840 viewsBluedandy

Yes let's enact the will of the people who can't be arsed to vote.
Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:05 - May 27 with 1819 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:57 - May 27 by Herbivore

Well colour me shocked, given we had a referendum on this subject a couple of years back and 16m people voted to remain...

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:07 - May 27 with 1805 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 08:57 - May 27 by Herbivore

It shows that 17 million couldn't be arsed to vote this time around.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:08 - May 27 with 1804 viewsvapour_trail

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:00 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Reality is we had a referendum 2 years ago in which the leave vote won. Yesterday we had European elections and a newly created party with no policies other than Brexit won nearly a third of the vote. Anyone pretending that this result means there isn’t still large support for Brexit are living in cloud cuckoo land, I’m afraid

Nobody has ever said that anywhere.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:09 - May 27 with 1800 viewsHerbivore

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:00 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We had a referendum two years ago? I must have missed that.

You're also wilfully ignoring the stong vote for pro-Remain parties. The Libs, Greens, SNP and Change UK collectively got more of the vote than the Brexit Party and UKIP.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 9:11]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:12 - May 27 with 1779 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:08 - May 27 by vapour_trail

Nobody has ever said that anywhere.

The OP was implying exactly that

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:21 - May 27 with 1746 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:09 - May 27 by Herbivore

You're also wilfully ignoring the stong vote for pro-Remain parties. The Libs, Greens, SNP and Change UK collectively got more of the vote than the Brexit Party and UKIP.

3 years ago - hadn’t had my bacon sandwich yet and forgot it’s 2019

I haven’t wilfully forgotten anything - I literally just acknowledged there was a large remain swing and that it wasn’t a surprise given the previous referendum result. Although I don't agree that all votes for those parties can be counted as remain

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:22 - May 27 with 1743 viewschiddley

You wont get through to these types.... they see what they want to see.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 10:02 - May 27 with 1656 viewsBlueBoots

I acknowledge the large support for Brexit.

The point I was making was 17.4m came out to vote leave in 2016, so I can't see how anyone can claim the results of a European election where 5.2m voted for a Brexit Party are a ringing endorsement that we should plough ahead with leaving the EU.

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 10:27 - May 27 with 1570 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 10:02 - May 27 by BlueBoots

I acknowledge the large support for Brexit.

The point I was making was 17.4m came out to vote leave in 2016, so I can't see how anyone can claim the results of a European election where 5.2m voted for a Brexit Party are a ringing endorsement that we should plough ahead with leaving the EU.

Sorry I thought your OP was suggesting that only 8% of the country want Brexit - apologies if that wasn’t the case

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 10:28 - May 27 with 1566 viewsBlueNomad

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 09:09 - May 27 by Herbivore

And wait for the Scottish and NI results which are likely to be overwhelmingly for remain parties.

If we crash out of the EU I believe it will lead to the breakup of the UK.
Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 10:29 - May 27 with 1554 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 10:28 - May 27 by BlueNomad

And wait for the Scottish and NI results which are likely to be overwhelmingly for remain parties.

If we crash out of the EU I believe it will lead to the breakup of the UK.

The Scottish results are already in

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 11:17 - May 27 with 1457 viewsBlueBoots

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 10:27 - May 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry I thought your OP was suggesting that only 8% of the country want Brexit - apologies if that wasn’t the case

No apologies necessary My OP was intended to suggest that a political party that had the most votes in an election with such a low turnout claiming it as a victory that rubber-stamps their sole policy is ludicrous...particularly when the parties that oppose their view actually had more votes.

Naturally, I would find it equally ludicrous if the Remain parties claimed a victory based on these results.

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 11:28 - May 27 with 1432 viewsPinewoodblue

Please...after this latest vote, let's implement the will of the majority... on 11:17 - May 27 by BlueBoots

No apologies necessary My OP was intended to suggest that a political party that had the most votes in an election with such a low turnout claiming it as a victory that rubber-stamps their sole policy is ludicrous...particularly when the parties that oppose their view actually had more votes.

Naturally, I would find it equally ludicrous if the Remain parties claimed a victory based on these results.

IT isn't as simple as that. Doesn't the pro Brexit vote represent those who would happily leave with no deal. No way of knowing how the fringe voters, those who voted Labour or Conservative, would vote in a referendum.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024