Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'If' we sign Norwood.... 11:33 - May 25 with 2707 viewschristiand

Do we need any more signings? Genuine question. After last summer and the endless amount of new arrivals, would PL be better off sticking with what we have got and building from there? I appreciate Bart might be on his way and we'll need another keeper in as I feel Wright isn't ready yet to step up, but work with what we have and build a team from the existing playing squad. Regardless of the outcome of last season, I do honestly think we have enough about us to be very competitive especially with the return of loans and players from injury.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 11:35 - May 25 with 2680 viewsHerbivore

Yes. We only have one left back and one right back and neither are that good. We'd be starting the season with only three strikers available so I make it another three signings needed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 11:35 - May 25 with 2681 viewsbluesym

Still think we need a LB, a RB a wide player and another striker.

If Bart goes id expect us to recruit another GK too.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 11:37 - May 25 with 2664 viewsBLUEBEAT

Defence I’d say.

No real cover for RB/LB. Doubt Donacien will feature based on Lambert’s treatment of him.

CD too, maybe. Though Woolfenden is back.

Poll: W or W

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 11:38 - May 25 with 2663 viewsJDB23

Yes of course we need more. Our full backs are both poor and we need a left sided midfielder. I was concerned about CB but maybe we can get by with Nsiala/Chambo/Skuse/Woolf. Also think we need a more experienced/physical CM who can help the young lads out and add some presence that we've been massively lacking.
'If' we sign Norwood.... on 11:59 - May 25 with 2574 viewschristiand

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 11:35 - May 25 by Herbivore

Yes. We only have one left back and one right back and neither are that good. We'd be starting the season with only three strikers available so I make it another three signings needed.

Nydam can play left back, Donacien is a right back and still on our books. If we sign Norwood, we’d have him, Jackson and Harrison with the two youngsters Folami and Morris pushing for that 4th strikers role while Sears continues his recovery. I’m just inclined to stick with what we have and create a team.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:02 - May 25 with 2558 viewsKieran_Knows

Of course we do. Right back, centre back, winger and another forward as minimum I’d say .... and that’s before Bart possibly going (so another keeper needed).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:05 - May 25 with 2544 viewsHerbivore

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 11:59 - May 25 by christiand

Nydam can play left back, Donacien is a right back and still on our books. If we sign Norwood, we’d have him, Jackson and Harrison with the two youngsters Folami and Morris pushing for that 4th strikers role while Sears continues his recovery. I’m just inclined to stick with what we have and create a team.

Nydam hasn't played a senior game at left back. He's a CM who has filled in at left back in the youths. Lambert is on record as saying he sees Donacien as a centre back. Folami and Morris probably won't be available for the start of the season either. Making no further signings leaves us short on quality and depth.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 12:08]

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:05 - May 25 with 2543 viewsFixed_It

I'm inclined to agree with you. I can't see us bringing in many others to be honest.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:19 - May 25 with 2480 viewsbluesym

Folami and Morris are injured too i think?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:22 - May 25 with 2475 viewsJ2BLUE

Amazes me that people look at our squad and don't see the big holes.

Assuming Norwood signs we need RB and LB minimum. I'm hoping for a CB (the fact we tried negotiating with Collins suggests Lambert wants 4 CBs), another striker (Sears out until January minimum leaving us with Norwood, Jackson and Harrison) and winger as well.

I'm sure we will have players go out including Donacien. I really don't see the point in skimping on cover in what is surely our best chance to bounce straight back. It will be difficult next season but it's probably only going to get harder so we need to maximise the opportunity next season brings.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:52 - May 25 with 2314 viewsfactual_blue

Players called West and Junction would be a perfect fit for Norwood.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:54 - May 25 with 2305 viewspointofblue

I think we still need three players even now:

Left Back - Bidwell (QPR)
Centre Back - Lockyer (Bristol Rovers)
Left Winger - Morris (Scunthorpe United)

Then we’ll need replacements should Bart, Donacien and Edwards leave.

Goalkeeper: Pym (Exeter City)
Right Back: McLaughlin (Millwall)
Right Winger: Buckley (Bolton Wanderers)

As for departures...

Bart leaving would obviously help us out financially in terms of squad building if we get a fee for him. I’d assume El Mizouni would drop back down to the U23s. I think Folami and Morris would benefit from loan spells away from the club while our plethora of central midfielders means both Dozzell and Nydam could be squeezed so loan spells may be of use to both.

That’d leave us a squad of 24...

Bialkowski/Pym; Holy
Donacien/McLaughlin, Emmanuel, Bidwell, Kenlock, Chambers, Lockyer, Nsiala, Woolfenden
Buckley/Edwards, Judge, Morris, Rowe, Bishop, Downes, Huws, Nolan, Skuse
Harrison, Jackson, Lankester, Norwood, Sears

I suppose keeping Dozzell and Nydam, making a squad of 26, shouldn’t be too much of a hardship, especially with the injury records of both Bishop and Huws.

What on Earth has happened to Barry Cotter?
[Post edited 25 May 2019 14:44]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 14:25 - May 25 with 2024 viewschristiand

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:54 - May 25 by pointofblue

I think we still need three players even now:

Left Back - Bidwell (QPR)
Centre Back - Lockyer (Bristol Rovers)
Left Winger - Morris (Scunthorpe United)

Then we’ll need replacements should Bart, Donacien and Edwards leave.

Goalkeeper: Pym (Exeter City)
Right Back: McLaughlin (Millwall)
Right Winger: Buckley (Bolton Wanderers)

As for departures...

Bart leaving would obviously help us out financially in terms of squad building if we get a fee for him. I’d assume El Mizouni would drop back down to the U23s. I think Folami and Morris would benefit from loan spells away from the club while our plethora of central midfielders means both Dozzell and Nydam could be squeezed so loan spells may be of use to both.

That’d leave us a squad of 24...

Bialkowski/Pym; Holy
Donacien/McLaughlin, Emmanuel, Bidwell, Kenlock, Chambers, Lockyer, Nsiala, Woolfenden
Buckley/Edwards, Judge, Morris, Rowe, Bishop, Downes, Huws, Nolan, Skuse
Harrison, Jackson, Lankester, Norwood, Sears

I suppose keeping Dozzell and Nydam, making a squad of 26, shouldn’t be too much of a hardship, especially with the injury records of both Bishop and Huws.

What on Earth has happened to Barry Cotter?
[Post edited 25 May 2019 14:44]

The ridiculous amount of players we have in our squad, it’s going to be hard to shift them. The suggestions that we’re just going to go out and get another 3 or 4 new signings added on top of what we have I’d be really surprised. We have to also remember we aren’t playing in The Championship anymore, the standard is lower. It’s time that our younger players turned potential footballers into just becoming footballers and this is the season for them to do it and grow from there.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 14:43 - May 25 with 1919 viewspointofblue

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 14:25 - May 25 by christiand

The ridiculous amount of players we have in our squad, it’s going to be hard to shift them. The suggestions that we’re just going to go out and get another 3 or 4 new signings added on top of what we have I’d be really surprised. We have to also remember we aren’t playing in The Championship anymore, the standard is lower. It’s time that our younger players turned potential footballers into just becoming footballers and this is the season for them to do it and grow from there.

We do only have one left back and two senior centre backs. Even if Donacien stays it appears as though Lambert doesn't really fancy him - I can see another loan spell to Accrington in the offing - so we're down to one right back as well, plus we'd lose a back up centre back.

If we choose to run with a 4-3-3 we certainly need support on the left as we only have Rowe there at the moment; I don't think El Mizouni is anywhere near ready and Judge should be played in the middle. If we choose to go with a 4-4-2 diamond we have more strength in depth in terms of the middle of the park.

The squad has numbers but is unbalanced. Selling Bart may give us some extra funds which we can use to fill the gaps.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 16:03 - May 25 with 1758 viewsxrayspecs

Most definitely

Another keeper (assume Bart leaves)
Right back
Centre back

Target man

Minimum.
'If' we sign Norwood.... on 16:59 - May 25 with 1608 viewsbontcho

Obviously we don’t know the finances but I’d hope we’d sign an experienced right back, aback up left back (Clements isn’t ready yet) and a left winger who can play up front. The final one could be a loan as it’s effectively a replacement for Sears until Christmas. I’m a bit concerned that Harry Wright, at the age of 20, isn’t considered good enough to be back up in L1 but I’ve only seen him play 3 times so bow down to other’s judgement there.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 17:01 - May 25 with 1605 viewsGarv

Can Nydam play left back?

I'm not sure he's shown he can play his actual position of centre mid yet, to a good enough standard.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:12 - May 25 with 1458 viewsHerbivore

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 17:01 - May 25 by Garv

Can Nydam play left back?

I'm not sure he's shown he can play his actual position of centre mid yet, to a good enough standard.

He showed it plenty in 2017/18, in those halcyon days when we were happily good enough for the second tier.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:16 - May 25 with 1438 viewspointofblue

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:12 - May 25 by Herbivore

He showed it plenty in 2017/18, in those halcyon days when we were happily good enough for the second tier.

Nydam’s lack of appearances really confused me last season considering he had proven Championship experience. Sending him to St. Johnstone was very odd.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:22 - May 25 with 1385 viewsHerbivore

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:16 - May 25 by pointofblue

Nydam’s lack of appearances really confused me last season considering he had proven Championship experience. Sending him to St. Johnstone was very odd.

Our manager at the time was very odd.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:25 - May 25 with 1369 viewspointofblue

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:22 - May 25 by Herbivore

Our manager at the time was very odd.

True! Though Lambert didn’t give him much time either when he returned and was match fit.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:27 - May 25 with 1357 viewsHerbivore

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:25 - May 25 by pointofblue

True! Though Lambert didn’t give him much time either when he returned and was match fit.

I think by that point Lambert was focused on the squad he'd had, plus central midfield wasn't an especially pressing area so harder to make an impact.

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:31 - May 25 with 1320 viewsjas0999

At least 5 or 6. Then replacements for potential key players who leave such as Bart.
'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:40 - May 25 with 1292 viewsrunaround

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:52 - May 25 by factual_blue

Players called West and Junction would be a perfect fit for Norwood.

Not forgetting Upper & South
'If' we sign Norwood.... on 18:45 - May 25 with 1282 viewsClapham_Junction

'If' we sign Norwood.... on 12:05 - May 25 by Herbivore

Nydam hasn't played a senior game at left back. He's a CM who has filled in at left back in the youths. Lambert is on record as saying he sees Donacien as a centre back. Folami and Morris probably won't be available for the start of the season either. Making no further signings leaves us short on quality and depth.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 12:08]

He played left back at Palace in the league cup in 17/18.

Although tbf, it was effectively our youth team that day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024