Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which would you rather? 12:39 - May 24 with 1582 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Being punched in the nuts?
Being kicked in the nuts?
Being headbutted in the nuts?

These appear to be the three choices for Prime Minister. None are welcomed, all will hurt, it's just a case of which one will do the least long term damage.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Which would you rather? on 12:46 - May 24 with 1543 viewsRyorry

Oi, sexist, where's the "in the boobs" option?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Which would you rather? on 12:48 - May 24 with 1536 viewsSuperblue95

Which would you rather? on 12:46 - May 24 by Ryorry

Kicked in the boobs? That’s some Kung Fu sh1t right there

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Which would you rather? on 12:49 - May 24 with 1532 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Which would you rather? on 12:46 - May 24 by Ryorry

I didn't want to upset anyone by assuming their gender, so worded it from my own perspective.

Who knows what is offensive anymore! Lol.

Which would you rather? on 12:49 - May 24 with 1526 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Which would you rather? on 12:48 - May 24 by Superblue95

Kicked in the boobs? That’s some Kung Fu sh1t right there

Unless it's an attack on my dear old Nan. Could do that with a sliding tackle.

Which would you rather? on 12:53 - May 24 with 1508 viewsRyorry

Which would you rather? on 12:49 - May 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I didn't want to upset anyone by assuming their gender, so worded it from my own perspective.

Who knows what is offensive anymore! Lol.

Not altogether serious ...

Which would you rather? on 12:54 - May 24 with 1512 viewsOldsmoker

If you are a currency speculator, Hedge fund manager, someone who runs a firm with Zero-hour contracted workers, a landlord who charges extortionate rents for the 24 occupants of your 3-bed semi......
....then good times ahead!
Not everyone will suffer.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Which would you rather? on 13:15 - May 24 with 1465 viewsWeWereZombies

Which would you rather? on 12:54 - May 24 by Oldsmoker

If you are a currency speculator, Hedge fund manager, someone who runs a firm with Zero-hour contracted workers, a landlord who charges extortionate rents for the 24 occupants of your 3-bed semi......
....then good times ahead!
Not everyone will suffer.

And if you are a serial shagger of other men's wives (or perhaps other people's) then you will have a role model in the highest office to follow...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Which would you rather? on 14:44 - May 24 with 1385 viewsRyorry

Which would you rather? on 13:15 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

And if you are a serial shagger of other men's wives (or perhaps other people's) then you will have a role model in the highest office to follow...

Tweet that to Trumpy Wumpy, go on, you know you wanna ...

Login to get fewer ads

Which would you rather? on 14:51 - May 24 with 1371 viewsDeano69

and much the same choices of political party.

very much a nutfest or boobfest, (just for parity)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Which would you rather? on 17:17 - May 24 with 1317 viewsWeWereZombies

Which would you rather? on 14:44 - May 24 by Ryorry

Tweet that to Trumpy Wumpy, go on, you know you wanna ...

If I tweeted I suppose I could but, like most people, I avoid Twitter and Facebook. Also I doubt Trump manages to get into bed with anyone he has not paid for but am not really interested in finding out.

Which would you rather? on 17:19 - May 24 with 1313 viewsGeoffSentence

Headbut.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Which would you rather? on 23:40 - May 24 with 1252 viewsRyorry

Which would you rather? on 17:17 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

If I tweeted I suppose I could but, like most people, I avoid Twitter and Facebook. Also I doubt Trump manages to get into bed with anyone he has not paid for but am not really interested in finding out.

"like most people, I avoid Twitter and Facebook" ...

I doubt that's actually true in the UK, do you have any figures?

Which would you rather? on 05:32 - May 25 with 1219 viewsWeWereZombies

Which would you rather? on 23:40 - May 24 by Ryorry

"like most people, I avoid Twitter and Facebook" ...

I doubt that's actually true in the UK, do you have any figures?

Absolutely, and they are as accurate as most of what is posted on Facebook and Twitter...

Which would you rather? on 05:46 - May 25 with 1216 viewsRyorry

Which would you rather? on 05:32 - May 25 by WeWereZombies

Absolutely, and they are as accurate as most of what is posted on Facebook and Twitter...

You simply need to be more careful and selective about who you follow then.

Perpetuating the same old same old about Twitter in particular, is akin to slagging off books because some were written by Jilly Cooper & Jeffrey Archer.

Which would you rather? on 05:53 - May 25 with 1213 viewsWeWereZombies

Which would you rather? on 05:46 - May 25 by Ryorry

You simply need to be more careful and selective about who you follow then.

Perpetuating the same old same old about Twitter in particular, is akin to slagging off books because some were written by Jilly Cooper & Jeffrey Archer.

I disagree, there is a fundamental flaw in the set up of Facebook (as was drawn out in the film 'The Social Network') that means that almost everyone comes a cropper at some point. You could say that this is true of real life too. And we cannot opt out of real life.

But we can opt out of Facebook and save ourselves all that bother so that we can concentrate on real life.

Which would you rather? on 05:58 - May 25 with 1211 viewsRyorry

Which would you rather? on 05:53 - May 25 by WeWereZombies

I disagree, there is a fundamental flaw in the set up of Facebook (as was drawn out in the film 'The Social Network') that means that almost everyone comes a cropper at some point. You could say that this is true of real life too. And we cannot opt out of real life.

But we can opt out of Facebook and save ourselves all that bother so that we can concentrate on real life.

I signed up to fb around 2010 simply to follow friends who emigrated to NZ & kept changing their email' plus their large family & photos; only realistic & sensible way to do so.

Subsequently joined various anti-fracking, environmental, gardening, dog-health & local information groups, use it regularly. Have never had a minute's trouble. But I remain 'private' and don't 'friend' anyone I haven't met personally.

Which would you rather? on 06:11 - May 25 with 1205 viewsWeWereZombies

Which would you rather? on 05:58 - May 25 by Ryorry

I signed up to fb around 2010 simply to follow friends who emigrated to NZ & kept changing their email' plus their large family & photos; only realistic & sensible way to do so.

Subsequently joined various anti-fracking, environmental, gardening, dog-health & local information groups, use it regularly. Have never had a minute's trouble. But I remain 'private' and don't 'friend' anyone I haven't met personally.

I hope it continues for you in that way, I know a couple of women who have had real issues with unwanted attention because of Facebook. Then again, they did use it a little more naively than you appear to. On top of that there is the long term data gathering and sale of information that comes with any social media but which articles like the one in The New York Times and Washington Post that someone posted on here a few moths ago indicated that the upper echelons of Facebook are suspect.

This is all before you consider the way that Twitter and Facebook can be manipulated by the use of 'bots' to introduce and accentuate false information. Again, this has been happening in newspapers, radio and television for a long time but the scale and speed of the deception is out of kilter with institutions and customs that serve our stability and well being.

Which would you rather? on 06:29 - May 25 with 1198 viewsRyorry

Which would you rather? on 06:11 - May 25 by WeWereZombies

I hope it continues for you in that way, I know a couple of women who have had real issues with unwanted attention because of Facebook. Then again, they did use it a little more naively than you appear to. On top of that there is the long term data gathering and sale of information that comes with any social media but which articles like the one in The New York Times and Washington Post that someone posted on here a few moths ago indicated that the upper echelons of Facebook are suspect.

This is all before you consider the way that Twitter and Facebook can be manipulated by the use of 'bots' to introduce and accentuate false information. Again, this has been happening in newspapers, radio and television for a long time but the scale and speed of the deception is out of kilter with institutions and customs that serve our stability and well being.

I should have added that, as on here, I never reveal personal info, always give out a false birthday (and a few other red herrings), and on Twitter, use a handle which means that even if someone works hard at it they still won't discover my real name or where I live. You also need to feel free to block!

As for false info etc - that's just everywhere incl msm - again, you just have to be canny - it's honestly not at all difficult! esp when there are literally millions of sceptical investigative journalists out there, esp on Twitter, to counterbalance things up & lead probing enquiries!

You do seem to have a very one-sided view of it - I find those most critical of Twitter in particular are those who've never really bothered to get to use it much. I have less time for fb & have been critical of it myself in the past, but have learned how to handle it better now, and as I say, it's been really the only practical way to keep in touch with friends who emigrated to the other side of the world. Its instant messaging is also particularly useful as a quick & cheap way of contacting local friends when lack of network coverage means texting doesn't work.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 6:37]

Which would you rather? on 09:54 - May 26 with 1081 viewsWeWereZombies

Which would you rather? on 06:29 - May 25 by Ryorry

I should have added that, as on here, I never reveal personal info, always give out a false birthday (and a few other red herrings), and on Twitter, use a handle which means that even if someone works hard at it they still won't discover my real name or where I live. You also need to feel free to block!

As for false info etc - that's just everywhere incl msm - again, you just have to be canny - it's honestly not at all difficult! esp when there are literally millions of sceptical investigative journalists out there, esp on Twitter, to counterbalance things up & lead probing enquiries!

You do seem to have a very one-sided view of it - I find those most critical of Twitter in particular are those who've never really bothered to get to use it much. I have less time for fb & have been critical of it myself in the past, but have learned how to handle it better now, and as I say, it's been really the only practical way to keep in touch with friends who emigrated to the other side of the world. Its instant messaging is also particularly useful as a quick & cheap way of contacting local friends when lack of network coverage means texting doesn't work.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 6:37]

Well that last paragraph has convinced me to stay with what I know, if it takes time and needs new and careful approaches I think I can spend my time a bit better (says the buffoon who has spent half the last fifteen years on TWTD).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024