Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am terrified 10:58 - May 24 with 6682 viewsGeoffSentence

Looking at the list of potential runners and riders for the Tory leadership and thinking that either Jeremy Hunt or Michael Gove would be the best outcome.

That is how bad things are.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I am terrified on 15:25 - May 24 with 1034 viewsDarkHorse

I am terrified on 11:32 - May 24 by chicoazul

I think he is just about right for everyone. Not particularly controversial or interesting, a Leaver, Murdoch's mate, Trump's mate, and in general he is kind of....good? Certainly energetic and tried to do bits at Education and Agriculture. I understand those bits might not be popular, certainly on here. Plus I think he wants to build more Grammar Schools.

I am terrified on 15:27 - May 24 with 1022 viewsDeano69

I am terrified on 15:25 - May 24 by DarkHorse

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I am terrified on 15:28 - May 24 with 1022 viewsGeoffSentence

I am terrified on 15:04 - May 24 by ballycastle

A little over dramatic perhaps?

Dramatic times, my friend, dramatic times.

I am terrified on 15:29 - May 24 with 1021 viewsJohnWarksTash

I am terrified on 12:00 - May 24 by GeoffSentence

I hadn't realised that Rory Stewart was in the running. I will have to revise my opinion, he is at least intelligent and thoughtful, which is probably why he is nowhere near being the favourite.

He's not done anything decent since Maggie May......
I am terrified on 17:57 - May 24 with 958 viewsLeaky

I am terrified on 13:05 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

Just get your part of Yorks to join up with Scotland and start pushing for IndyRef2...

That would great get rid of dirty Leeds and the sweaty socks all in one go
I am terrified on 18:04 - May 24 with 953 viewspositivity

I am terrified on 14:07 - May 24 by tractordownsouth

What he did to education was a disgrace but I’d certainly prefer him to Bojo the clown and Dovercalais Raab

how many tories said they'd leave the party if boris won? i don't really trust them to speak the truth, but if that happened, that might sink their majority, vote of no confidence, new government.

wishful thinking perhaps, but every cloud!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I am terrified on 19:04 - May 24 with 918 viewstractordownsouth

I am terrified on 18:04 - May 24 by positivity

how many tories said they'd leave the party if boris won? i don't really trust them to speak the truth, but if that happened, that might sink their majority, vote of no confidence, new government.

wishful thinking perhaps, but every cloud!

In fairness I think the only people who said that ( Allen, Soubry, Woolastan) are now in Change UK

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I am terrified on 19:06 - May 24 with 915 viewspositivity

I am terrified on 19:04 - May 24 by tractordownsouth

In fairness I think the only people who said that ( Allen, Soubry, Woolastan) are now in Change UK

plenty of others according to the parliamentary commentators, can you honestly see the likes of grieve and gyimah supporting a no-deal brexit?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

I am terrified on 19:26 - May 24 with 901 viewsSuperfrans

I am terrified on 11:07 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Boris is the strong favourite on the exchanges.

6/4 to become the next leader.

Raab his nearest challenger at 9/2

Edit: Ignore the last bit, the market hadn't fully loaded
[Post edited 24 May 2019 11:10]

I have a feeling it won’t go as we expect. Don’t forget, May wasn’t the favourite last time.

I reckon Matt Hancock is a dark horse. Just a hunch.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I am terrified on 19:31 - May 24 with 897 viewspointofblue

I am terrified on 19:26 - May 24 by Superfrans

I have a feeling it won’t go as we expect. Don’t forget, May wasn’t the favourite last time.

May very quickly became the only runner after Gove did a number on Johnson - I doubt it'll be that simple for anyone this time around. I also think any Remainer can immediately be discounted; the best they can hope for is Chancellor or Leader of the House unless the new leader re-establishes the role of Deputy Prime Minister.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I am terrified on 19:33 - May 24 with 895 viewssyntaxerror

I am terrified on 19:26 - May 24 by Superfrans

He is certainly good at buying fridges
I am terrified on 19:53 - May 24 with 885 viewsSuperfrans

I am terrified on 19:31 - May 24 by pointofblue

May very quickly became the only runner after Gove did a number on Johnson - I doubt it'll be that simple for anyone this time around. I also think any Remainer can immediately be discounted; the best they can hope for is Chancellor or Leader of the House unless the new leader re-establishes the role of Deputy Prime Minister.

The vice chair of the 1922 committee seemed to be saying on 5 Live earlier that the way the Tory leadership battle works, the long list is whittled down initially by the parliamentary Tory party, before the final two go to the membership, or something like that.

If he gets to the membership vote, Boris will almost certainly win. But what seems uncertain is whether Boris will get to the final 2, as selected by the parliamentary group.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I am terrified on 20:01 - May 24 with 880 viewspointofblue

I am terrified on 19:53 - May 24 by Superfrans

The vice chair of the 1922 committee seemed to be saying on 5 Live earlier that the way the Tory leadership battle works, the long list is whittled down initially by the parliamentary Tory party, before the final two go to the membership, or something like that.

If he gets to the membership vote, Boris will almost certainly win. But what seems uncertain is whether Boris will get to the final 2, as selected by the parliamentary group.

It'll all depend where those who voted for failed candidates in the first and second ballots support as time goes on. Will Gove, for example, be seen as a safer pair of hands by many?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I am terrified on 21:41 - May 24 with 859 viewsm14_blue

I am terrified on 11:26 - May 24 by chicoazul

Gove is the best rsehole in the running.

He was an unmitigated disaster in education but, against all the odds, has risen steadily in my estimation since then.

Rory Stewart is head and shoulders above everyone else on that list but unfortunately has no chance with the Daily Mail mob.

Worrying times.
I am terrified on 22:46 - May 24 with 846 viewsbournemouthblue

It's a quite horrifying list

You have Gove, Hunt and McVey who all highly toxic

Leadsom who isn't the sharpest knife in the draw

The two most competent seem to be Boris De Ffeffel Johnson and Sajid Javid?

Such is the lunacy of Tory leadship battles, it may end up being none of those

More Tory infighting whilst Brexit fails to get delivered isonly going to wind up all the Brexiters and public even further

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I am terrified on 23:00 - May 24 with 843 viewsDarth_Koont

I am terrified on 22:46 - May 24 by bournemouthblue

More Tory infighting whilst Brexit fails to get delivered isonly going to wind up all the Brexiters and public even further

The crucial question is: Do any of them even care?

Pronouns: He/Him

I am terrified on 23:37 - May 24 with 828 viewsRyorry

I am terrified on 22:46 - May 24 by bournemouthblue

Least worst of the runners so far would be Sajid Javid for me. But in a poll you'd want a "none of the above" option.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I am terrified on 05:13 - May 25 with 808 viewstractordownsouth

I am terrified on 19:06 - May 24 by positivity

plenty of others according to the parliamentary commentators, can you honestly see the likes of grieve and gyimah supporting a no-deal brexit?

Fair point, I’m not saying there wouldn’t be resignations, however I believe the only people who had categorically said they would leave have already done so

I am terrified on 05:16 - May 25 with 806 viewstractordownsouth

I am terrified on 23:37 - May 24 by Ryorry

Least worst of the runners so far would be Sajid Javid for me. But in a poll you'd want a "none of the above" option.

I lost all respect for Javid in the Shamima Begum saga, it was the most horrendous playing to the gallery I’ve ever seen from a politician to leave someone stateless against international law just to appease the Daily Mail

I am terrified on 05:53 - May 25 with 798 viewsRyorry

I am terrified on 05:16 - May 25 by tractordownsouth

I lost all respect for Javid in the Shamima Begum saga, it was the most horrendous playing to the gallery I’ve ever seen from a politician to leave someone stateless against international law just to appease the Daily Mail

Have you forgotten about these horrendous gaffes by Johnson?

https://www.theweek.co.uk/93741/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-iran

https://theconversation.com/boris-johnsons-record-as-foreign-secretary-is-staine

I am terrified on 13:29 - May 25 with 753 viewsgazzer1999

I am terrified on 11:06 - May 24 by Ryorry

I'm wondering if it's too late to emigrate in my late 60s ...

No, off you go if you dislike your country.
I disliked that Blair thing but would not say what you have, Or Corbyn, just hope the people have more sense than to elect him.
I am terrified on 13:35 - May 25 with 751 viewsGeoffSentence

I am terrified on 13:29 - May 25 by gazzer1999

I disliked that Blair thing but would not say what you have, Or Corbyn, just hope the people have more sense than to elect him.

To be fair there are plenty of people who claimed they would leave the country if JC was elected PM, most of them being people with money and power.

I am terrified on 13:47 - May 25 with 747 viewsSpruceMoose

I know there's a type in the UK who loves to throw around the whole idea of booting certain people out of the country, but I doubt she dislikes the country as a whole. Probably, like me, she just hates the kind of stuff the willfully stupid and mean-spirited, on both sides, are doing to it at the moment.

Hopefully by the time I get back they'll have all seen the light and become decent folk.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I am terrified on 13:56 - May 25 with 730 viewsClapham_Junction

I am terrified on 23:37 - May 24 by Ryorry

Rory Stewart seems the least awful choice to me.

Whatever happens, they've probably all voted through all the awful things the government has done in the last few years, so it's hard to imagine we'll be in a much better place...
I am terrified on 14:02 - May 25 with 718 viewsRyorry

Actually, I love my country (lord help me).

I just dislike incompetent, corrupt, self-interested, self-serving, greedy, short-sighted, incredibly stupid & uncaring politicians. And I can't see a single person amongst those who've put themselves forward for leadership of the ruling Tory party who aren't at least 6 of those things, if not more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024