Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am terrified 10:58 - May 24 with 6687 viewsGeoffSentence

Looking at the list of potential runners and riders for the Tory leadership and thinking that either Jeremy Hunt or Michael Gove would be the best outcome.

That is how bad things are.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I am terrified on 11:34 - May 24 with 1066 viewsStokieBlue

I am terrified on 11:24 - May 24 by homer_123

Tongue in cheek SB

Of course!

Can't miss an opportunity for some Friday Boris sports action.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I am terrified on 11:46 - May 24 with 1039 viewsFixed_It

I am terrified on 11:32 - May 24 by chicoazul

I think he is just about right for everyone. Not particularly controversial or interesting, a Leaver, Murdoch's mate, Trump's mate, and in general he is kind of....good? Certainly energetic and tried to do bits at Education and Agriculture. I understand those bits might not be popular, certainly on here. Plus I think he wants to build more Grammar Schools.

He has set back education by about 50 years. How long ago did we join the EEC? Sort of tallies...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I am terrified on 11:53 - May 24 with 1014 viewsChurchman

I am terrified on 11:10 - May 24 by Deano69

gulp

Can’t see Larry in the list. Maybe he will sneak up on them. It is a staggeringly poor choice of sorry ar£&@“£es without him! It’s like they actually want Messiah Corbyn to look good.
I am terrified on 11:53 - May 24 with 1004 viewsDarth_Koont

I think he is just about right for everyone. Not particularly controversial or interesting, a Leaver, Murdoch's mate, Trump's mate, and in general he is kind of....good? Certainly energetic and tried to do bits at Education and Agriculture. I understand those bits might not be popular, certainly on here. Plus I think he wants to build more Grammar Schools.

The idea of an effective Conservative PM is also a scary prospect.

I don't like them screwing up political debate but enacting their policies on the country is more of a worry.

Pronouns: He/Him

I am terrified on 11:55 - May 24 with 1001 viewschicoazul

I am terrified on 11:46 - May 24 by Fixed_It

He has set back education by about 50 years. How long ago did we join the EEC? Sort of tallies...

He's taken education back to the golden age when clever working class boys and girls from Grammar schools stormed Oxbridge and the civil service, BBC, and the other great institutions? Good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I am terrified on 12:00 - May 24 with 987 viewsGeoffSentence

I am terrified on 11:10 - May 24 by Deano69

gulp

I hadn't realised that Rory Stewart was in the running. I will have to revise my opinion, he is at least intelligent and thoughtful, which is probably why he is nowhere near being the favourite.

I am terrified on 12:01 - May 24 with 978 viewsDarth_Koont

I am terrified on 11:55 - May 24 by chicoazul

He's taken education back to the golden age when clever working class boys and girls from Grammar schools stormed Oxbridge and the civil service, BBC, and the other great institutions? Good.

Is that the education experts' view or the view from the frontline?

The consensus seems decidedly mixed here:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/jul/22/michael-gove-legacy-education-

I am terrified on 12:02 - May 24 with 977 viewschicoazul

I am terrified on 12:00 - May 24 by GeoffSentence

I hadn't realised that Rory Stewart was in the running. I will have to revise my opinion, he is at least intelligent and thoughtful, which is probably why he is nowhere near being the favourite.

Stewart definitely a dark horse.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

I am terrified on 12:09 - May 24 with 960 viewsSpruceMoose

I am terrified on 11:06 - May 24 by Ryorry

I'm wondering if it's too late to emigrate in my late 60s ...

I can look into adoption. We can head for Canada.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I am terrified on 12:14 - May 24 with 948 viewsRyorry

I am terrified on 11:33 - May 24 by Darth_Koont

Ruth Davidson would have been a good choice. I don't agree with her take on Scotland within the UK which seems based more on optimism than track record. But she seems a decent, thoughtful person and she doesn't seem to be encumbered by ideology or ego. She and her Scottish Conservative colleagues appear to be a different breed from the more radical elements south of the border.

But even putting aside how she could be leader while not an elected MP (presumably she could be put into the House of Lords), the idea of a lesbian mother of a young child voted in to be leader is pure fantasy.

"she seems a decent, thoughtful person and she doesn't seem to be encumbered by ideology or ego."

Since when were those ever considered recommendations for high office within the Tory party?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I am terrified on 12:15 - May 24 with 947 viewsFixed_It

I am terrified on 12:01 - May 24 by Darth_Koont

Is that the education experts' view or the view from the frontline?

The consensus seems decidedly mixed here:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/jul/22/michael-gove-legacy-education-

He's narrowed the curriculum ensuring that any 'non-academic' students are disenfranchised. He has modelled his view of education on the one he experienced as a boy, forgetting that the world has moved on since then. If that is 'good', then carry on teaching primary school children tedious grammatical terms and putting them off reading and writing for life, and sucking the joy out of learning.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I am terrified on 12:16 - May 24 with 937 viewsGeoffSentence

I am terrified on 12:15 - May 24 by Fixed_It

He's narrowed the curriculum ensuring that any 'non-academic' students are disenfranchised. He has modelled his view of education on the one he experienced as a boy, forgetting that the world has moved on since then. If that is 'good', then carry on teaching primary school children tedious grammatical terms and putting them off reading and writing for life, and sucking the joy out of learning.

He does seem to want to take the country back to a mythical golden age of the fifties. Which made him quite a good fit for DEFRA where he was in charge of the environment.

I am terrified on 12:19 - May 24 with 921 viewsRyorry

I am terrified on 12:09 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

I can look into adoption. We can head for Canada.

Thanks Moose (^unpacks suitcase^).

I am terrified on 12:20 - May 24 with 909 viewsSpruceMoose

I am terrified on 12:19 - May 24 by Ryorry

Thanks Moose (^unpacks suitcase^).

I mean, they have the Queen on the money there. It'll be just like home.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I am terrified on 12:27 - May 24 with 876 viewsRyorry

I am terrified on 12:20 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

Really? Well that's me convinced then!

I am terrified on 12:34 - May 24 with 860 viewsdavblue

I am terrified on 11:24 - May 24 by homer_123

I'm kidding!

i know, wanted to clarify my position.
I am terrified on 12:50 - May 24 with 836 viewsJ2BLUE

I am terrified on 11:15 - May 24 by davblue

I don't think there's anyone that i can get behind, the politicians are just so self absorbed and not what is good for the greater need for the country.

I could get behind Esther McVey

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I am terrified on 12:55 - May 24 with 827 viewsSpruceMoose

I am terrified on 12:50 - May 24 by J2BLUE

I could get behind Esther McVey

Always knew you were a wrong un.

I am terrified on 13:05 - May 24 with 807 viewsWeWereZombies

I am terrified on 11:06 - May 24 by Ryorry

I'm wondering if it's too late to emigrate in my late 60s ...

Just get your part of Yorks to join up with Scotland and start pushing for IndyRef2...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I am terrified on 13:55 - May 24 with 763 viewsreusersfreekicks

I am terrified on 11:26 - May 24 by chicoazul

Gove is the best rsehole in the running.

Stewart or Hancock but think that would be asking too much of the blue rinse mob
I am terrified on 14:07 - May 24 with 747 viewstractordownsouth

What he did to education was a disgrace but I’d certainly prefer him to Bojo the clown and Dovercalais Raab

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I am terrified on 14:16 - May 24 with 735 viewsGeoffSentence

I am terrified on 12:20 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

And they are genuinley ovely people, really nice, with the exception of that clubbing fluffy, white baby seals to death business. But on the other hand they might have found the secret to true happiness and genuine niceness, once a year take out all your frustrations on a baby seal.

I am terrified on 14:21 - May 24 with 724 viewsDarth_Koont

I am terrified on 12:15 - May 24 by Fixed_It

What amazes me is that these clowns prefer to take us back in time rather than look around the world and see what actually works best. The Finnish system, for example, is very different, with much lower emphasis on workload and exams but with better results.

And as you say, why put kids off learning and school at an early age just to satisfy voters who know feck all and care even less about real education?

If our businesses were run on the basis of "British is best - even when it's not" then our economy would have been fecked long ago. All seems highly ignorant and lazy as if they care more about the short-term political statement than actual long-term results and value for the UK and its citizens.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 14:21]

I am terrified on 15:04 - May 24 with 680 viewsballycastle

A little over dramatic perhaps?
I am terrified on 15:06 - May 24 with 679 viewsGlasgowBlue

I am terrified on 11:05 - May 24 by Deano69

Its a bit - Careful what you wish for - isnt it?

worrying times

Never thought i would see a large chunk of the planet world governed by the following nutters

Donald Trump
Vladimir Putin
Kim Jong-un
and potentially Boris Johnson

You think things are bad now just wait until the general election of 20125 when it's Jacob Rees Mogg v Richard Burgon. That will be a great time to be alive folks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024