Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British democracy 09:35 - May 24 with 1820 viewsbluelagos

If TM announces her departure the next British PM, who will decide what type of Brexit we try for, will be decided by 300 Tory MPs and 120k Tory party members...

Democracy my arse.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

British democracy on 10:26 - May 24 with 375 viewsBloomBlue

British democracy on 10:20 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

According to the polls Boris puts 3 to 4 points on the Tory vote. Remember, this is the bloke who won twice in Labour London and sidelined Farage in the referendum campaign to spark some life into it.

He’s wholly unsuitable to public office but he’s and electoral asset.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 10:22]

People forget when he won the London Mayor elections that was in many ways the biggest political surprise ever in the UK. London has always been a Labour stronghold and for him to win it was a total shock.

Dont forget many Londoners would have him back now instead of the idiot they have as Major
British democracy on 10:31 - May 24 with 364 viewsMattinLondon

British democracy on 10:26 - May 24 by BloomBlue

People forget when he won the London Mayor elections that was in many ways the biggest political surprise ever in the UK. London has always been a Labour stronghold and for him to win it was a total shock.

Dont forget many Londoners would have him back now instead of the idiot they have as Major

The last paragraph is a pack of s***
British democracy on 10:31 - May 24 with 362 viewsWeWereZombies

British democracy on 10:09 - May 24 by hampstead_blue

He didn't parachute....I know because I'd already cut the lines........Shame, would have made a nice mess on the front step of #10.

Very patriotic of you to contemplate a part in an arranged 'accident' for an elected Member of Parliament, holder of high office and dedicated public servant. I do sometimes wonder if people on this forum are quite what they claim to be.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

British democracy on 10:34 - May 24 with 354 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wee Jimmy Kranky saying that there should be an election rather than another Tory taking over. She seems to forget that’s what happened when sleazy Salmond stood down as First Minister.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

British democracy on 10:52 - May 24 with 321 viewsGeoffSentence

British democracy on 09:36 - May 24 by StokieBlue

Did you post the same when Brown was parachuted in?

You vote for a party not a president.

I do tend to agree though that this is too important to be left to that bunch of tools.

SB

A shed load of people did. Feck my the whining about an 'unelected prime minister' from people who don't understand our democracy went on endlessly.

As it happens we have had a whole bunchf PMs who have 'not been elected' recently, Jim Callaghan, John Major initially, Gordon Brown and even TM herself before the comedy general election that she called, where she was barely even elected by her own party.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

British democracy on 11:07 - May 24 with 301 viewscaught-in-limbo

British democracy on 10:18 - May 24 by hampstead_blue

If Boris get's the job, then the method the public have to be happy/sad is a GE.

That's what happened to Brown. Got the job and lasted all of five minutes.

I don't think Boris will get it. It will go to a more moderate Brexiteer

In true TWTD tradition...

In your last sentence, you spelt "sacrificial lamb" wrongly.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

British democracy on 11:23 - May 24 with 286 viewsBloomBlue

British democracy on 10:31 - May 24 by MattinLondon

The last paragraph is a pack of s***

Certainly isn't the current mayor is a complete idiot, crime going up, crossrail a complete f@ck up, 1000s of houses short on his social housing targets.
British democracy on 11:35 - May 24 with 261 viewsStokieBlue

British democracy on 11:23 - May 24 by BloomBlue

Certainly isn't the current mayor is a complete idiot, crime going up, crossrail a complete f@ck up, 1000s of houses short on his social housing targets.

I'm not sure you can pin the first two on the current mayor.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

British democracy on 14:06 - May 24 with 229 viewsSpruceMoose

British democracy on 10:20 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

According to the polls Boris puts 3 to 4 points on the Tory vote. Remember, this is the bloke who won twice in Labour London and sidelined Farage in the referendum campaign to spark some life into it.

He’s wholly unsuitable to public office but he’s and electoral asset.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 10:22]

The stupid fukwits do love a jester.

#BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

British democracy on 14:07 - May 24 with 227 viewsSpruceMoose

British democracy on 10:31 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

Very patriotic of you to contemplate a part in an arranged 'accident' for an elected Member of Parliament, holder of high office and dedicated public servant. I do sometimes wonder if people on this forum are quite what they claim to be.

I think that if you pay attention, people on the forum tell us exactly who and what they are. They probably hide it better in real life.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024