Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benters 19:33 - May 23 with 4788 viewsLeoMuff

I note a lack of posting from our friend in Essex, did I miss something ? Honourable retirement or one rabid post too many ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Benters on 19:39 - May 23 with 3349 viewsSpruceMoose

Just disappeared one day.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Benters on 19:42 - May 23 with 3340 viewsCoastalblue

Hopefully fit and well, I don't agree with a lot of what he says but neither do I wish him any ill.

If you're reading Benters I hope you're OK.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Benters on 19:43 - May 23 with 3339 viewsSwansea_Blue

Probably got fed up with people ganging up on him so much. Don't blame him, even if he had gone a bit Alf Garnet.

Speaking of which, OG is a very long time missing. He always complained of ill health, so hope he's still knocking around somewhere being as irreverent as normal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Benters on 19:45 - May 23 with 3323 viewsfooters

Benters on 19:43 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

Probably got fed up with people ganging up on him so much. Don't blame him, even if he had gone a bit Alf Garnet.

Speaking of which, OG is a very long time missing. He always complained of ill health, so hope he's still knocking around somewhere being as irreverent as normal.

Yeah, poor old benters, never did nufink to no one.

Now, OldGit- there was a bigot's prose which was worthy of praise. I hear there is some kind of email list...?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Benters on 19:48 - May 23 with 3301 viewsstrikalite

Yeah noticed he hasn't been in any threads lately too, maybe it's just the end of the season and fancied a break from it, dunno, hope you're well anyway if you're reading buh...
Benters on 19:49 - May 23 with 3294 viewsSwansea_Blue

Benters on 19:45 - May 23 by footers

Now, OldGit- there was a bigot's prose which was worthy of praise. I hear there is some kind of email list...?

I think all he did was say some stupid stuff on t'internet that ocassionally got overheated (I'm not party to all though so could be wrong). Those who've I've spoken to who've met him say he's a pleasure to meet and talk to. I've no idea, and am keeping out of it!

I was on OG's list. Very entertaining and very insightful. He got a huge amount right about where webwere heading. I must of got kicked because I never engaged.

Benters on 19:54 - May 23 with 3263 viewsfooters

Benters on 19:49 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

I think all he did was say some stupid stuff on t'internet that ocassionally got overheated (I'm not party to all though so could be wrong). Those who've I've spoken to who've met him say he's a pleasure to meet and talk to. I've no idea, and am keeping out of it!

I was on OG's list. Very entertaining and very insightful. He got a huge amount right about where webwere heading. I must of got kicked because I never engaged.

I wouldn't worry about him. He adds nothing of worth to the forum. If you miss him, just reply 'this' to some posts.

OG was a fruity character. I quite liked his posts, despite his, er, interesting descriptions of some of our players...

Benters on 19:56 - May 23 with 3251 viewsSwansea_Blue

Benters on 19:54 - May 23 by footers

I wouldn't worry about him. He adds nothing of worth to the forum. If you miss him, just reply 'this' to some posts.

OG was a fruity character. I quite liked his posts, despite his, er, interesting descriptions of some of our players...

He was a big 'fan' of Jason Scotland if I remember rightly

Login to get fewer ads

Benters on 20:15 - May 23 with 3190 viewsfactual_blue

Benters on 19:45 - May 23 by footers

OG did discover Jack Lankester, but rarely mentions it.

The emails seem to have died a death.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Benters on 20:26 - May 23 with 3150 viewsBrixtonBlue

Benters on 19:43 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

I used to stick up for him. Sadly he has a nasty streak.

When my chips were down a couple of years ago, some that I've 'had words with' rallied round. Not benters, he just took the piss more. And not in a fun jokey way.

If someone does something different to how he lives his life, it's just wrong. There's no middle ground. No accepting of other people's ways.

I just can't work out how his brain works to be honest. I'm sure the feeling's mutual.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Benters on 20:29 - May 23 with 3109 viewsSpruceMoose

Benters on 20:26 - May 23 by BrixtonBlue

When my chips were down a couple of years ago, some that I've 'had words with' rallied round. Not benters, he just took the piss more. And not in a fun jokey way.

If someone does something different to how he lives his life, it's just wrong. There's no middle ground. No accepting of other people's ways.

I just can't work out how his brain works to be honest. I'm sure the feeling's mutual.

I didn't know that. That's a shame.

Especially as he received an immense amount of board good will when he had his own personal struggles.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Benters on 20:31 - May 23 with 3085 viewsSwansea_Blue

I never had a problem with him, but I don't question that and respect your opinion entirely. We all have different relationships on here. Shame how things work out sometimes as we're all supposed to be here for the same reason.

Benters on 20:33 - May 23 with 3079 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes it's a bit awkward to say it — because I endorse the sympathy and well wishes he was given during very tough times — but the only face he showed on here, for all the kind sentiments that came his way, was of utter mean-spiritedness towards his fellow man. Maybe life embitters you or maybe he was always like that. Not missed here, in any case.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Benters on 20:36 - May 23 with 3050 viewsfooters

Benters on 20:15 - May 23 by factual_blue

OG did discover Jack Lankester, but rarely mentions it.

The emails seem to have died a death.

Well, if you're ever bored one evening*, mind sending me a few OG emails? I miss his style.

*I am not sure what constitutes a boring evening for a retired civil service bean-counter.

Benters on 20:39 - May 23 with 3029 viewsSwansea_Blue

Benters on 20:36 - May 23 by footers

Well, if you're ever bored one evening*, mind sending me a few OG emails? I miss his style.

*I am not sure what constitutes a boring evening for a retired civil service bean-counter.

He's reorganising the Koran by passagees in reverse alphabetical order, then he'll be right with you. Doing the bible was such fun!

Benters on 22:20 - May 23 with 2871 viewsFreddies_Ears

Benters on 19:39 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Just disappeared one day.

I don't miss him the village green bloke. He never contributed anything positive, only ever created strife.

Oldgit, though, he was fun.
Benters on 22:22 - May 23 with 2855 viewsSpruceMoose

This thread has turned into a terrible episode of This Is Your Life.

Benters on 22:30 - May 23 with 2828 viewsfactual_blue

Benters on 20:39 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

He's reorganising the Koran by passagees in reverse alphabetical order, then he'll be right with you. Doing the bible was such fun!

Irony upon irony there.

Benters on 22:33 - May 23 with 2820 viewsfactual_blue

Benters on 20:36 - May 23 by footers

They were a long time ago and I don't think I have any left. I'll see if any are stored in hard copy with Iron Mountain, although you may have to submit a formal Subject Access Request.

Benters on 22:56 - May 23 with 2771 viewsPJH

Benters on 19:48 - May 23 by strikalite

Yeah noticed he hasn't been in any threads lately too, maybe it's just the end of the season and fancied a break from it, dunno, hope you're well anyway if you're reading buh...

Benters season is not over, Derby play on Monday.

I hope that you are well Benters.
Benters on 23:06 - May 23 with 2734 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Benters on 22:56 - May 23 by PJH

Benters season is not over, Derby play on Monday.

I hope that you are well Benters.

I miss his water butt updates.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Benters on 23:21 - May 23 with 2703 viewsRyorry

I'm afraid I had a similar experience with him. He may have empathy for others irl, but unfortunately never showed it on here.

Having said that, it was still rather unpalatable to read the "ganging-up" on him that sometimes happened on here - two wrongs don't make a right etc. (just a general comment, not aimed at you Brixton)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Benters on 00:13 - May 24 with 2617 viewsBrixtonBlue

Benters on 23:21 - May 23 by Ryorry

I'm afraid I had a similar experience with him. He may have empathy for others irl, but unfortunately never showed it on here.

Having said that, it was still rather unpalatable to read the "ganging-up" on him that sometimes happened on here - two wrongs don't make a right etc. (just a general comment, not aimed at you Brixton)

Generally I agree, but when it happens enough 'you reap what you sow.'

I've never seen an apology from benters about anything, probably because he believes he hasn't said anything wrong. I've seen loads of instances when he's said something and people have asked for facts to back it up, but he's then disappeared.

Sounds like a troll, but after so many years I don't think it can be.

He'd be great if he could open his mind a bit more.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Benters on 00:22 - May 24 with 2609 viewsCoastalblue

Benters on 00:13 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Generally I agree, but when it happens enough 'you reap what you sow.'

I've never seen an apology from benters about anything, probably because he believes he hasn't said anything wrong. I've seen loads of instances when he's said something and people have asked for facts to back it up, but he's then disappeared.

Sounds like a troll, but after so many years I don't think it can be.

He'd be great if he could open his mind a bit more.

I ought to say here in the spirit of balance, and I'm not doubting or questioning what you say in fact I think I remember some of it, but the only personal interation I've had with him directly was a few years ago after I suffered a cardiac arrest and was on life support for a few days.

When I came back here he sent me a few PM's which were very positive and thoughtful, so it is there, possible he harbours a grudge perhaps with people?

Anyway, take as you find, and aside from some questionable general stuff I've always found him a good guy on a one on one basis, even if his views can sometimes be iffy on other matters.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Benters on 00:36 - May 24 with 2573 viewsBrixtonBlue

Benters on 00:22 - May 24 by Coastalblue

I ought to say here in the spirit of balance, and I'm not doubting or questioning what you say in fact I think I remember some of it, but the only personal interation I've had with him directly was a few years ago after I suffered a cardiac arrest and was on life support for a few days.

When I came back here he sent me a few PM's which were very positive and thoughtful, so it is there, possible he harbours a grudge perhaps with people?

Anyway, take as you find, and aside from some questionable general stuff I've always found him a good guy on a one on one basis, even if his views can sometimes be iffy on other matters.

Yeah, your problem was physical., and one he could understand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024