Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better under mick 19:02 - May 23 with 4710 viewsohmycampo

To me, this great club, wa so much better under mick it isn’t true. I laugh at all those idiots who hounded mick out, I am glad we went down as you people are all now getting what you deserve, In LEAGUE 1. Having been a lifelong town fan I now look north to Norwich with admiration and I will make my journey to the Gunn club to rub shoulders
Better under mick on 21:00 - May 23 with 1473 viewsohmycampo

Better under mick on 20:43 - May 23 by Churchman

It’s past your bed time little man. Try not to wet it this time.

Got a problem with what I’m saying mate?
Better under mick on 21:02 - May 23 with 1470 viewsfooters

Better under mick on 21:00 - May 23 by ohmycampo

Ooh, he's gone all Danny Dyer. Be careful, guys.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Better under mick on 21:06 - May 23 with 1465 viewsSuperblue95

See, you’ve hooked a few here but some of the things you’ve said in the news comments have been much better and got a better reaction.

As Sprucey said you’ve gone in too hard too soon. Time to create a new profile and try again methinks

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Yeah, his comment..... on 21:23 - May 23 with 1446 viewsBloots

Better under mick on 21:06 - May 23 by Superblue95

See, you’ve hooked a few here but some of the things you’ve said in the news comments have been much better and got a better reaction.

As Sprucey said you’ve gone in too hard too soon. Time to create a new profile and try again methinks

….about getting "Sheepy" back as manger was excellent.

He's blown it with this one though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Better under mick on 21:32 - May 23 with 1438 viewsSlambo

F**k off then and don't bother coming back when we start winning again...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Better under mick on 14:21 - May 24 with 1384 viewsPositivelyPortman

Better under mick on 19:40 - May 23 by Eireannach_gorm

Impressive record for someone who joined the forum at the beginning of the month, 156 down votes.

Not as impressive as Meekreech’s record.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Better under mick on 14:25 - May 24 with 1381 viewsPositivelyPortman

You tart.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Better under mick on 19:34 - May 24 with 1325 viewsagentp

Better under mick on 20:11 - May 23 by footers

I'm sure his sisters are on hand to console him.

Which sister? His mum or his auntie?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Better under mick on 19:56 - May 24 with 1313 viewsChurchman

Last one as your question was aimed at me (I’m glad skool is doing punctuation. You are doing very well). I’ve got over my worry that I might have upset you, brave warrior.

I’ve come to a decision little man. Nope I couldn’t care a less what you are saying. Now run along to your one eyed many relations and try not to dribble too much.
Better under mick on 20:26 - May 24 with 1302 viewsSouperJim

Better under mick on 19:56 - May 24 by Churchman

Last one as your question was aimed at me (I’m glad skool is doing punctuation. You are doing very well). I’ve got over my worry that I might have upset you, brave warrior.

I’ve come to a decision little man. Nope I couldn’t care a less what you are saying. Now run along to your one eyed many relations and try not to dribble too much.

This one has been trolling the news comments for some time with moderate success, he's possibly the most obvious troll in the history of TWTD and doesn't have an ounce of subtlety, but it doesn't matter on the news comments. Nice to see him failing spectacularly on the forum.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Better under mick on 00:36 - May 25 with 1246 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Better under mick on 20:26 - May 24 by SouperJim

This one has been trolling the news comments for some time with moderate success, he's possibly the most obvious troll in the history of TWTD and doesn't have an ounce of subtlety, but it doesn't matter on the news comments. Nice to see him failing spectacularly on the forum.

Trolling aside, ohmycampo makes some good points. Life was better under MM. It's better to be in the Championship than League 1. And we should learn from the success of that lot up the road. Rather than ignoring them, we should be asking "what made them so successful?" and then look to replicating that success. Norwich spent lots of money on Sports Psychology last Summer (to the point where they painted the away dressing room pink). Players were helped out in all areas of the psychological part of the game. Could this be an area we look into? Or do we just carry on like we always do?
Better under mick on 00:37 - May 25 with 1246 viewsOxford_Blue

You don’t say what you mean by “better”

In league finish, yes.

In terms of enjoyment and morale with fans, no.

The fact we have more season tickets holders than under MM is evidence of the truth.
Better under mick on 00:53 - May 25 with 1240 viewsSwansea_Blue

Better under mick on 00:36 - May 25 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Trolling aside, ohmycampo makes some good points. Life was better under MM. It's better to be in the Championship than League 1. And we should learn from the success of that lot up the road. Rather than ignoring them, we should be asking "what made them so successful?" and then look to replicating that success. Norwich spent lots of money on Sports Psychology last Summer (to the point where they painted the away dressing room pink). Players were helped out in all areas of the psychological part of the game. Could this be an area we look into? Or do we just carry on like we always do?

Life was not better under Mick, it was mind numbingly tedious. League 1 is not good obviously. It's bad for club stature, income, etc. But the basic fact remains that this season, one where we were bottom by quite a margin, was genuinely better from the fans perspective. It was more enjoyable to watch than the last two years. That's important to many, as shown by the upturn in attendances.

The people who say it's worse probably don't go and only judge us on league table positions. That's not a dig as I don't go to many, but I can't see how anyone who's watched us regularly since about Christmas could think things were better under Mick.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Better under mick on 06:59 - May 25 with 1216 viewsSouperJim

Better under mick on 00:53 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Life was not better under Mick, it was mind numbingly tedious. League 1 is not good obviously. It's bad for club stature, income, etc. But the basic fact remains that this season, one where we were bottom by quite a margin, was genuinely better from the fans perspective. It was more enjoyable to watch than the last two years. That's important to many, as shown by the upturn in attendances.

The people who say it's worse probably don't go and only judge us on league table positions. That's not a dig as I don't go to many, but I can't see how anyone who's watched us regularly since about Christmas could think things were better under Mick.

Spot on, unbelievably however, there are some that do go and preferred midtable obscurity and Mick's hoofball. I don't really understand how these people derive any enjoyment from football, but there you go.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Better under mick on 08:21 - May 25 with 1199 viewsunstableblue

Better under mick on 00:37 - May 25 by Oxford_Blue

You don’t say what you mean by “better”

In league finish, yes.

In terms of enjoyment and morale with fans, no.

The fact we have more season tickets holders than under MM is evidence of the truth.

Its all so black and white, and yet this cr@p continues to get debated:

1. Mick did really well initially, bolstered by a Murphy wunder season and excellent creative loan players
2. Even in the good days there was a niggling concern over his safety first approach in some games, and his system's high turnover of possession with longer aimless ball, which ultimately sacrificed 3 points on a number of occasions
3. Teams from all levels of the division would typically out pass and outplay Town for large sections of Portman Road games, ultimately people started to struggle with this across the fan base
4. As player budget reduced, Mick, perhaps justifiably, chose a route to even more conservative and appalling to watch football
5. Despite the awful fare and slow down in progression, fans remained in the main very patient for a significant length with him - especially in comparisons to fans from other clubs in similar situations
6. Mick ruined the good reputation and kudos of the positive of his reign by trying to create a them and us, and persecuted manager vibe around the club, without owning up to his own failings
7. He left under a cloud, and his continuing ego has made the memory and situation worse, by fuelling the 'careful what you wish for' tag line

I am very disappointed to be relegated, and the Hurst appointment was a debacle, but its clear that I am not alone in feeling almost more positive in the state of the club now, than in micks last season.

Here endeth the lesson.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Better under mick on 08:23 - May 25 with 1196 viewsOxford_Blue

Better under mick on 08:21 - May 25 by unstableblue

1. Mick did really well initially, bolstered by a Murphy wunder season and excellent creative loan players
2. Even in the good days there was a niggling concern over his safety first approach in some games, and his system's high turnover of possession with longer aimless ball, which ultimately sacrificed 3 points on a number of occasions
3. Teams from all levels of the division would typically out pass and outplay Town for large sections of Portman Road games, ultimately people started to struggle with this across the fan base
4. As player budget reduced, Mick, perhaps justifiably, chose a route to even more conservative and appalling to watch football
5. Despite the awful fare and slow down in progression, fans remained in the main very patient for a significant length with him - especially in comparisons to fans from other clubs in similar situations
6. Mick ruined the good reputation and kudos of the positive of his reign by trying to create a them and us, and persecuted manager vibe around the club, without owning up to his own failings
7. He left under a cloud, and his continuing ego has made the memory and situation worse, by fuelling the 'careful what you wish for' tag line

I am very disappointed to be relegated, and the Hurst appointment was a debacle, but its clear that I am not alone in feeling almost more positive in the state of the club now, than in micks last season.

Here endeth the lesson.

8. We would not have been relegated had he stayed.
Better under mick on 08:32 - May 25 with 1189 viewsunstableblue

Here endeth the lesson.

I think it is

8. Town would probably not have been relegated had Mick stayed, but lack of progression was guaranteed, causing further damage to the fan base and health of the club

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Better under mick on 08:37 - May 25 with 1180 viewsSuperblue95

Better under mick on 08:23 - May 25 by Oxford_Blue

Agreed but surely the purpose of a club should be to thrive and entertain, not just survive.

It was worth the gamble in my view even if we ultimately failed to do either this season

Better under mick on 22:37 - May 25 with 1115 viewsOxford_Blue

Better under mick on 08:37 - May 25 by Superblue95

Agreed but surely the purpose of a club should be to thrive and entertain, not just survive.

It was worth the gamble in my view even if we ultimately failed to do either this season

That assumes that the only way to have improved morale was to be relegated. If we don’t go up first season, Lambert will get sacked and things will turn nasty.
Better under mick on 03:03 - May 26 with 1078 viewsSuperblue95

Better under mick on 22:37 - May 25 by Oxford_Blue

That assumes that the only way to have improved morale was to be relegated. If we don’t go up first season, Lambert will get sacked and things will turn nasty.

I’m not big on Lambert anyway so I agree. Although that doesn’t mean getting rid of mick was wrong (as I said I don’t think we’d have gotten relegated with him though)

Better under mick on 08:36 - May 26 with 1042 viewsOxford_Blue

Better under mick on 03:03 - May 26 by Superblue95

I’m not big on Lambert anyway so I agree. Although that doesn’t mean getting rid of mick was wrong (as I said I don’t think we’d have gotten relegated with him though)

I don’t think we got rid of MM. He left the club by mutual agreement and clearly would have left when his contract was up anyway.
Better under mick on 11:30 - May 26 with 1010 viewsBlue_Moses

No lube
Better under mick on 12:43 - May 26 with 998 viewssundaze

Better under mick on 08:23 - May 25 by Oxford_Blue

Objection M'lord. That is based purely on assumption and cannot be proved one way or another.
Better under mick on 17:36 - May 26 with 969 viewsBlueForYou

Get lost
Better under mick on 19:01 - May 26 with 955 viewssoclopath

Here endeth the lesson.

Two big Town mistakes Not getting rid of M.M. A season sooner, and deciding Hurst was "The Man.
OK we thought anyone but Mick and we the majority were right"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024