Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 12:39 - May 22 with 16878 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He was asked about the sacking of his mate Chris Hughton and immediately turned it to ANOTHER dig at us.

‘Well they wanted a change just like they did at Ipswich. That went well’.

As I said before he’s just eroding the memory of the good stuff he did here by constantly acting like a bitter child.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:24 - May 22 with 1025 viewshomer_123

'he’s just eroding the memory of the good stuff he did here by constantly acting like a bitter child.'

Is this what the term 'snowflake' should be used for?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:24 - May 22 with 1016 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 12:51 - May 22 by clive_baker

He says 'that went well' as if he's been vindicated. I was never the most staunch Mick outer but I don't regret the fact he left when he did, despite relegation. I regret Hurst coming in and the quality we lost last summer, but I don't regret Mick leaving. The thought of us sitting through another mid table finish watching that sh1t? No thanks. Thanks Mick, and thanks Jordan Spence, but i'm happy to give the dice a roll on this new chapter personally.

Epitomises my sentiments to the letter. An uppy for you.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I'm not bothered.... on 13:25 - May 22 with 1017 viewsBloots

I can see how.... on 13:22 - May 22 by TractorCam

Of course that's how a debate works. In that case I can see how bothered you are by people who are bothered about others who aren't bothered.

....either way.

My advice was simply to let it go.

The general view from those that are getting triggered by it is "well if he won't let it go, then why should I?"

Seems a bit childish really.

Bovvered.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:28 - May 22 with 1006 viewshomer_123

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:07 - May 22 by Reuser_is_God

No he's not.

The decision to part ways with Mick was 100% correct, the fact that subsequent decisions were wrong doesn't also make that one wrong.
[Post edited 22 May 2019 14:51]

Yep, we needed change - no question.

Mick knew, better than any of us, just what he was working with and delivering. The Club singular failed to then make things any better, in any way, following Micks departure.

We are relegated, the squad decimated and the football on show (albeit easier on the eye) hasn't meant we were any closer to promotion.

So, when he says we wanted change and we didn't get it - he's bang on right. We might not like it and we might still all agree that Mick's time at the club was up - but that doesn't make his statement wrong.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:30 - May 22 with 1001 viewshomer_123

I'm not bothered.... on 13:30 - May 22 with 997 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm not bothered.... on 13:25 - May 22 by Bloots

....either way.

My advice was simply to let it go.

The general view from those that are getting triggered by it is "well if he won't let it go, then why should I?"

Seems a bit childish really.

Bovvered.

Mick does it for laughs, he isn't bothered in the slightest. Why would he be? We got rid then promptly got ourselves relegated. Meanwhile he's got himself a nice new job.

The fans on here who fling their poo every time Mick so much as looks at us aren't doing it for laughs. They're genuinely outraged by it. Those people should grow up and act like adults.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:34 - May 22 with 983 viewsWallingford_Boy

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:09 - May 22 by Herbivore

He is right. We wanted change - fact. It didn't work out well - also fact. It's only because he's right that people are getting their knickers in a twist.

More and more fans are coming back to the club they love to watch football they love.

I'd say it went ok.

Stop being so "short termist"..

RIP Sir Bobby

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:36 - May 22 with 974 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:34 - May 22 by Wallingford_Boy

More and more fans are coming back to the club they love to watch football they love.

I'd say it went ok.

I couldn't give two sh!tes how many fans come back after abandoning us. If I cared about attendance I'd support Barcelona.

I do care that we will deservedly be playing in a mickey mouse league next year.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:36 - May 22 with 972 viewspickles110564

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:05 - May 22 by Herbivore

I mostly find it amusing. He's having a little dig and some of our fans are still so triggered by him. I don't think I've bothered listening to or reading anything to do with Mick since he left, I only see what triggered fans are posting on here. Let it go.

LOL, could well describe you in the same breath as BREXIT
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:37 - May 22 with 964 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:36 - May 22 by pickles110564

You must have missed this:

Got an answer to any of the questions you've been dodging yet?

He's the best troll..... on 13:38 - May 22 with 967 viewsSuperfrans

He's the best troll..... on 13:04 - May 22 by TractorCam

Well when a manager who I had respect for is constantly talking about my club in a bad way it's rather disappointing.

This.

It seems extremely odd to me that Mick seems incapable of a little bit of self-reflection about the fact that our fans are broadly happier, more positive, being relegated *without* him here - than if we'd stayed in the Championship, not being relegated, *with* him here.

I thought he was a decent bloke when he was here and that he would be above all off this. It's very disappointing to find that this isn't the case...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:41 - May 22 with 949 viewsHerbivore

I'd say it went ok.

You'd say it went okay? Do you consider the Titanic sinking to be a minor mishap by any chance?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:42 - May 22 with 944 viewsHerbivore

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:36 - May 22 by pickles110564

Eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:43 - May 22 with 941 viewshomer_123

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:36 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

I couldn't give two sh!tes how many fans come back after abandoning us. If I cared about attendance I'd support Barcelona.

I do care that we will deservedly be playing in a mickey mouse league next year.

'But I don't mind watching great football in League 1 or 2.'

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:47 - May 22 with 938 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd say it went ok.

We were relegated by a country mile and it was a disaster. Only if we put a near-perfect season together in 2019-20 and come straight back up will there be a chance that it can be turned into anything else

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:50 - May 22 with 918 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:43 - May 22 by homer_123

'But I don't mind watching great football in League 1 or 2.'

Looking forward to seeing if Lambert can get us playing great football. Based on the evidence of last season I'm sceptical.

I'm not bothered.... on 13:51 - May 22 with 917 viewsBlueStreak

I'm not bothered.... on 13:30 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Mick does it for laughs, he isn't bothered in the slightest. Why would he be? We got rid then promptly got ourselves relegated. Meanwhile he's got himself a nice new job.

The fans on here who fling their poo every time Mick so much as looks at us aren't doing it for laughs. They're genuinely outraged by it. Those people should grow up and act like adults.

A nice new job? He's a glorified temp.
I'm not bothered.... on 13:53 - May 22 with 914 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm not bothered.... on 13:51 - May 22 by BlueStreak

Right... give me a shout when you're manager of a national side and I'll consider you a little less bitter.

Triggered. (n/t) on 14:01 - May 22 with 903 viewsBloots

I'm not bothered.... on 13:51 - May 22 by BlueStreak

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:04 - May 22 with 896 viewsRonFearonsHair

Leicester wanted change when they got rid of Nigel Pearson.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:05 - May 22 with 909 viewsitfcjoe

It's getting pathetic now - it's the same continuing need to re-pick old scabs here and not rise above stuff that caused him to end so unpopular with the fan base.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm not bothered.... on 14:06 - May 22 with 893 viewsBlueStreak

I'm not bothered.... on 13:53 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Right... give me a shout when you're manager of a national side and I'll consider you a little less bitter.

Don't get me wrong, the trolling by Mick lot is hilarious but seriously, he has got a temp job of a third tier national team. Lets not sugar coat by saying that he now has an amazing job.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:08 - May 22 with 886 viewsWallingford_Boy

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:41 - May 22 by Herbivore

You'd say it went okay? Do you consider the Titanic sinking to be a minor mishap by any chance?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

Its not really the end of the world you know, one season blip for further seasons of fun and mischief!

RIP Sir Bobby

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:08 - May 22 with 884 viewsWallingford_Boy

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:36 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

Its not really the end of the world you know, one season blip for further seasons of fun and mischief!

x

RIP Sir Bobby

I'm not bothered.... on 14:09 - May 22 with 881 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm not bothered.... on 14:06 - May 22 by BlueStreak

Don't get me wrong, the trolling by Mick lot is hilarious but seriously, he has got a temp job of a third tier national team. Lets not sugar coat by saying that he now has an amazing job.

Never said he did. I said he has a nice new job and I reckon he enjoys it very much.

That really seems to bother some people. People who should grow up and get over it. Honestly, that lot treat everything Ipswich related like some kind of SKY TV Dream Team drama. It's pathetic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024