Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? 13:02 - May 21 with 1901 viewsSimonds92

From what ive seen of him doesn't stand out as being a top 6 prem player, he's just lightning quick.
This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 13:07 - May 21 with 1859 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Neither did Harry Kane at Millwall, Scum or Orient.

Bale looked class at Southampton but never like he'd go onto a top six club, let alone be the most expensive player in the world.

What I have learned though is usually when players are talked about as having Arsenal, Man Utd and so on after them whilst they are playing for a Championship or League One team they get it spot on.

Chris Smalling was another one. I wasn't that impressed with him at Fulham after he moved there from obscurity and then United took him and for a while afterwards he was superb.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:08 - May 21 with 1731 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 13:07 - May 21 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Bale looked class at Southampton but never like he'd go onto a top six club, let alone be the most expensive player in the world.

What I have learned though is usually when players are talked about as having Arsenal, Man Utd and so on after them whilst they are playing for a Championship or League One team they get it spot on.

Chris Smalling was another one. I wasn't that impressed with him at Fulham after he moved there from obscurity and then United took him and for a while afterwards he was superb.

He is still very young. I think he is the type of signing that United need for this period. No more big egos or players who are picking up a wage

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:13 - May 21 with 1718 viewsFixed_It

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:08 - May 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

He is still very young. I think he is the type of signing that United need for this period. No more big egos or players who are picking up a wage

I think he has a lot of potential. Very well-balanced and fast - neither of which can be coached. Shame he didn't want to drop down to League One for zero wages really...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:27 - May 21 with 1684 viewsrickw

You can bet the recommendation has come from Giggs and I assume he knows what he's talking about with wingers!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:30 - May 21 with 1677 viewsITFC_Forever

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 13:07 - May 21 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We scouted Harry Kane just before he broke in to Spurs' first team... our scout watched him a couple of times and wasn't impressed - a week later Kane promptly scored a hattrick for the first team in a cup game.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:44 - May 21 with 1619 viewsFixed_It

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:30 - May 21 by ITFC_Forever

We scouted Harry Kane just before he broke in to Spurs' first team... our scout watched him a couple of times and wasn't impressed - a week later Kane promptly scored a hattrick for the first team in a cup game.

It's a funny old game.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 15:47 - May 21 with 1512 viewsitfcjoe

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:30 - May 21 by ITFC_Forever

Dan James wasavailable for £250k in the summer - he's now going for £15m or whatever it is!

To answer the OPs point - a big stretch for Man U. He was close to leeds for £7m in january, it took the chairman to stop answering his phone for that to fall through - he's done not a lot since.

It sums up Man U's business over the last few years, the people running the club don't have a clue and just jump around from one thing to the next. For all that is said about Man City being richer than God, Man U have spent just as much over almost every time period since Sheikh came in that can be mentioned.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 16:08 - May 21 with 1450 viewsvilanovablue

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 14:27 - May 21 by rickw

You can bet the recommendation has come from Giggs and I assume he knows what he's talking about with wingers!

He also coaches him for Wales so has probably had a good look at him up close. It could be a good bit of business and if it works out Man Utd have a player for a potentially long period of time rather than buying a late 20's/30 something with a very limited shelf life.
Login to get fewer ads

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 16:10 - May 21 with 1442 viewsITFCBlues

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 15:47 - May 21 by itfcjoe

Dan James wasavailable for £250k in the summer - he's now going for £15m or whatever it is!

To answer the OPs point - a big stretch for Man U. He was close to leeds for £7m in january, it took the chairman to stop answering his phone for that to fall through - he's done not a lot since.

It sums up Man U's business over the last few years, the people running the club don't have a clue and just jump around from one thing to the next. For all that is said about Man City being richer than God, Man U have spent just as much over almost every time period since Sheikh came in that can be mentioned.

I believe that since Pep has been there, City have spent 150m more than United which is fairly considerable

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 16:12 - May 21 with 1432 viewsParisBlue

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 15:47 - May 21 by itfcjoe

And the previous summer was on loan at Shrewsbury - and sent back to Swansea before the end of August.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 16:18 - May 21 with 1394 viewstractordownsouth

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 16:12 - May 21 by ParisBlue

And the previous summer was on loan at Shrewsbury - and sent back to Swansea before the end of August.

Classic Hurst then

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 16:18 - May 21 with 1393 viewsitfcjoe

This Daniel James, anyone rate him that highly? on 16:10 - May 21 by ITFCBlues

I believe that since Pep has been there, City have spent 150m more than United which is fairly considerable

It's £75m on fees according to transfer market...

But Man U's wage bill for last season was £36m higher (296 v 260), and the season before it was £17m higher (£265 v £248) - no figures for this eason released but not a stretch to suggest that spending is going to end up about the same over the last 3 years with wages and transfer fees combined.

And then look at the difference in where they are - one has acheived 198 points in 2 seasons and won 5 trophies, the other are an sbolute shambles.

Even with all the money in the world, it's Man City's vision and strategy that has pushed them so far ahead - without that they'd just be another top 6 team.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024