Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11 new grounds for me in the league next season 08:17 - May 17 with 4669 viewsitfcjoe

How does everyone else stack up?

EDIT - For anyone interested:

AFC Wimbledon
Bolton
Bristol Rovers
Bury
Fleetwood Town
Oxford
Portsmouth
Rochdale
Shrewsbury Town
Wycombe
Tranmere/Forest Green

Hopefully the fixture computer is kind to me, a shame my boys aren't a few years older as would have made it easier to get to more with them as that is a lot of day-passes to get!
[Post edited 17 May 2019 8:23]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 08:21 - May 17 with 3522 viewsLesta_Tractor

0, I wont be able to go to any new grounds as I'm moving back to Melbourne next month.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 08:31 - May 17 with 3494 viewsSteve_M

I'm similar, 9 plus potentially Sunderland and Newport.

Coventry
Blackpool
Fleetwood
Oxford (have been to the Manor Ground though)
Rochdale
Wycombe
Shrewsbury
AFC Wimbledon (I forgot I did see them at Selhurst Park)
Lincoln
[Post edited 17 May 2019 11:05]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 08:54 - May 17 with 3444 viewsKeaneish

All except Pompey, Bristol Rovers and Charlton should they not go up. Can’t wait!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:16 - May 17 with 3404 viewsSlambo

Not interested in Bolton, but there's not single ground in that list I wouldn't love to go to. Proper ramshackle little grounds with character...

I'm sure my wife will understand

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:21 - May 17 with 3392 viewsPJH

I have not been to:-

Oxford
Fleetwood
Accrington
Rochdale
Bristol R(although I went to Eastville)
Shrewsbury(went to old ground)
Bury
Wycombe
Wimbledon
Newport(if they go up)
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:22 - May 17 with 3388 viewslinhdi

None at all, but several I am looking forward to going back to. AFC Wimbledon for one, also Bury (which completed my '92') and Rochdale. Fleetwood and Blackpool, of course...!!!
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:27 - May 17 with 3373 viewsBlue_Moses

10 for me
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:30 - May 17 with 3364 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

A whopping 18.

Done every Championship ground
13 in Prem
and about 12 in league 2

For some reason I have barely done any league one

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:30 - May 17 with 3361 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 08:21 - May 17 by Lesta_Tractor

0, I wont be able to go to any new grounds as I'm moving back to Melbourne next month.

What a disaster eh!

Hope you’re well mate, sounds like you are anyway!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:34 - May 17 with 3352 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

16 for me - and possibly 17 if Sunderland don’t go up. Quite refreshing given I had done most of the Championship ones by now

Not sure how a ground collector like yourself has failed to tick off Bolton by now!!

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:41 - May 17 with 3337 viewsIpswichKnight

For me

AFC Wimbledon
Bolton
Bristol Rovers
Fleetwood Town
Oxford
Rochdale
Shrewsbury Town
Wycombe
*Newport
*Doncaster
Coventry City
Burton
Blackpool
Lincoln City

Should add I've seen Town play against

Bristol Rovers, Oxford and Coventry City but at the old grounds not the ones they currently play at. I seriously doubt I'll get to all of those but will defiantly try and knock off either Blackpool or Fleetwood and hope some of those in the S.E are evening games.

* depends on promotion
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:45 - May 17 with 3329 viewsITFC_Forever

Just the 4/5 brand new ones (depending on the result of the L2 PO Final):

Fleetwood
Rochdale
Wycombe
MK Dons
Newport

Re-do:
Oxford
AFC Wimbledon

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:15 - May 17 with 3244 viewsSitfcB

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:45 - May 17 by ITFC_Forever

Just the 4/5 brand new ones (depending on the result of the L2 PO Final):

Fleetwood
Rochdale
Wycombe
MK Dons
Newport

Re-do:
Oxford
AFC Wimbledon

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:16 - May 17 with 3242 viewsSitfcB

Nine for me...

Fleetwood
Oxford
Gillingham
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
Shrewsbury
AFC Wimbledon
Bury
Tranmere / Newport

Some proper football grounds in that list, looking forward to going to some new places.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:26 - May 17 with 3209 viewsSWGF

Sunderland
Doncaster
Posh
Cov
Blackpool
Fleetwood
Oxford (new ground)
Bristol
Rochdale
Wycombe
Shrewsbury
Wimbledon
Lincoln
Bury
Newport (hopefully)

Re: kids, SWGF Jnr will be dragged along. He enjoys an away day. Not phased by the downgrade in stadia given Accrington was only a small improvement on B'sea Regent.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:28 - May 17 with 3205 viewsxrayspecs

Completed the 92 last season but looking forward to re-visiting quite a few of these.

A tie against Salford would be a bonus as it is the only ground in the 92 next season that I have not attended.
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:31 - May 17 with 3196 viewsMach_foreignBlue

9 new grounds for me next season

Bristol Rovers
Fleetwood
Gillingham
Lincoln
Oxford
Southend
Wimbledon
Wycombe
Tranmere/Newport

been to Bury and Rochdale as a neutral

From a selfish point of view I don't want away days against above opponents on Tuesday nights.
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:36 - May 17 with 3187 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:28 - May 17 by xrayspecs

Completed the 92 last season but looking forward to re-visiting quite a few of these.

A tie against Salford would be a bonus as it is the only ground in the 92 next season that I have not attended.

Where do you get the time or money to achieve that? that’s an incredible effort
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:36 - May 17 with 3187 viewsLesta_Tractor

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 09:30 - May 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What a disaster eh!

Hope you’re well mate, sounds like you are anyway!

Good way to escape League 1!

Not bad mate, hope all is well your end.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:48 - May 17 with 3165 viewsxrayspecs

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:36 - May 17 by never_lose_the_faith

Where do you get the time or money to achieve that? that’s an incredible effort

I started in 1981 so have paced myself! Including grounds that no longer exist, i have visited 107 league grounds in total.

Visited about 40 in last three seasons. Helps that I travel a lot with work so have combined client visits with evening games. Also spent more time in recent seasons watching lower level football than following Town.

Once you get to the stage of only needing a small number to complete the set then it becomes a challenge to visit the remainder.

Have really enjoyed visiting L1 and L2 grounds. Proper football grounds.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 10:58]
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:51 - May 17 with 3148 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:36 - May 17 by Lesta_Tractor

Good way to escape League 1!

Not bad mate, hope all is well your end.

Indeed!

Yes, all good cheers mate

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:52 - May 17 with 3144 viewsITFC_Forever

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:48 - May 17 by xrayspecs

I started in 1981 so have paced myself! Including grounds that no longer exist, i have visited 107 league grounds in total.

Visited about 40 in last three seasons. Helps that I travel a lot with work so have combined client visits with evening games. Also spent more time in recent seasons watching lower level football than following Town.

Once you get to the stage of only needing a small number to complete the set then it becomes a challenge to visit the remainder.

If I knock off the grounds I need to do in L1, I will be in single figures to reach the 92, so I might spend one season ticking them off if we have a run of the mill away game / aren't playing etc.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:53 - May 17 with 3141 viewsWallingford_Boy

I've been to a fair few of the current L1 grounds, just a shame they are all so small and our support is so good! Tickets will be hard to come by.

RIP Sir Bobby

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:56 - May 17 with 3133 viewsFreddies_Ears

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 10:48 - May 17 by xrayspecs

I was advised that, once you get to the last half dozen or so, you really go for it. Too true - daytrips from Ipswich to see EFL Trophy group games at Morecambe and Accrington featured in my last 6.

Finishing at a good, old-fashioned lower league ground is surely a must. Bury fitted the bill nicely (I did miss Town's game that day, away to Burton, I think).
11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 11:01 - May 17 with 3111 viewsbournemouthblue

11 new grounds for me in the league next season on 08:21 - May 17 by Lesta_Tractor

I suspect the positives out weigh the negatives with that one :)

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024