Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
champions league 17:13 - May 10 with 1514 viewsjaykay

how many clubs from the premier league will be in it next year ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

champions league on 17:58 - May 10 with 1484 viewsSuperblue95

4 if Chelsea win the Europa league. 5 if Arsenal do

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

champions league on 18:40 - May 10 with 1451 viewsjaykay

champions league on 17:58 - May 10 by Superblue95

4 if Chelsea win the Europa league. 5 if Arsenal do

i also thought the winners of champions league was auto entry if you won it, the following year. giving that country another entry

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

champions league on 20:56 - May 10 with 1370 viewsbournemouthblue

champions league on 18:40 - May 10 by jaykay

i also thought the winners of champions league was auto entry if you won it, the following year. giving that country another entry

No I don't think it works like that?

I thought they had a rule where if you finish outside the top four the year you win it, you qualify again and 4th place would miss out instead which seemed pretty unfair

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

champions league on 22:02 - May 10 with 1314 viewsNthsuffolkblue

champions league on 20:56 - May 10 by bournemouthblue

I thought they had a rule where if you finish outside the top four the year you win it, you qualify again and 4th place would miss out instead which seemed pretty unfair

We are talking about a competition called "the Champions League" and saying it is unfair that we would not get 5th place into it.

I know why more than just the Champions get into it, but surely there must be a more apt name for the competition. I quite like "the Champions, nearly Champions and a few others League".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

champions league on 23:07 - May 10 with 1257 viewsFtnfwest

champions league on 22:02 - May 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are talking about a competition called "the Champions League" and saying it is unfair that we would not get 5th place into it.

I know why more than just the Champions get into it, but surely there must be a more apt name for the competition. I quite like "the Champions, nearly Champions and a few others League".

The European Super League, just say it!
champions league on 23:15 - May 10 with 1244 viewsgtsb

There are many on here who will think the format of the Champions league and Europa league are great as they've never known anything else and that's fair enough. As an oldie I can categorically say that when the then European cup and Uefa cup were in their original form they were so much more harder to win. No groups, no seeds, just play who you were drawn against and the European cup was Champions only.
champions league on 23:24 - May 10 with 1236 viewspointofblue

champions league on 18:40 - May 10 by jaykay

If Chelsea win the Europa League then the third place team in Ligue 1 (currently Lyon) will qualify for the group stages of the Champions League rather than having to go through the qualifying stage. I don’t think the Champions League winners place gets awarded to anyone if both teams have qualified already through the league.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

champions league on 23:34 - May 10 with 1216 viewsSuperblue95

champions league on 20:56 - May 10 by bournemouthblue

Unless they’ve changed it I think you’re right. The year Chelsea won the champions league they finished outside the top 4 and qualified for it at the expense of Spurs who had finished 4th (and led to Redknapp leaving if I’m not mistaken)

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

champions league on 09:07 - May 11 with 1132 viewschristiand

The way UEFA are making it so much more accessible and wanting more clubs involved from the best leagues in Europe, all 20 EPL teams perhaps?!

There was a discussion on TalkSport during the early hours that there is a proposal in the pipeline to shake up the Champions League format, but it's only in its early stages of planning. Listening to the discussion, it suggested it's going to make the competition very elitist with the same big sides involved season on season from the major leagues and less involvement of minor leagues across Europe regardless if they are champions or not. In a nutshell it just seemed to me it was heading for a European Super League.
[Post edited 11 May 2019 9:15]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024