Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team 00:02 - May 6 with 5946 viewsbritbiker

I was speaking with a Leeds fan who had a ticket in the Bobby Robson lower today. He had purchased an Ipswich silver membership months ago when it looked like this match would be a promotion party.

He then purchased tickets to two matches which he didn't attend but made sure they were validated (assume someone else used them).

He booked two double rooms for two nights for his family at a local hotel costing in excess of £300.

His son had to sit in the Alf Ramsey stand as he couldn't get tickets together or in the Leeds end. He then had to witness his team completely fold to the leagues bottom team.

He behaved appropriately throughout the game. Nice chap and knew our history inside out.

That is fan loyalty for you.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 05:16 - May 6 with 5685 viewspowinswitch

There was one sat right in front of me in the Sir Alf lower, and when Leeds equalised just before half time, he jumped up and then sat back down. Couldn’t help himself. He caused no offence and was no problem. After his jump up, he stood up, and left, I think cos he knew he had revealed himself. Some people round were telling him to eff off. I don’t get it. I never will. What’s he done wrong, other than reactively jump up when his team scored. If town get themselves in the same position, and there are not enough tickets in the away end to satisfy demand, there will be Town fans seeking tickets in the home end. The guy in front was a real fan, just like you and I, not a knob looking for a ruck. His only crime was his reflex celebration f the goal.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 08:07 - May 6 with 5340 viewsPendejo

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 05:16 - May 6 by powinswitch

There was one sat right in front of me in the Sir Alf lower, and when Leeds equalised just before half time, he jumped up and then sat back down. Couldn’t help himself. He caused no offence and was no problem. After his jump up, he stood up, and left, I think cos he knew he had revealed himself. Some people round were telling him to eff off. I don’t get it. I never will. What’s he done wrong, other than reactively jump up when his team scored. If town get themselves in the same position, and there are not enough tickets in the away end to satisfy demand, there will be Town fans seeking tickets in the home end. The guy in front was a real fan, just like you and I, not a knob looking for a ruck. His only crime was his reflex celebration f the goal.

A group of us did this @ Naaridge 93 or 94, Gunn picked up a back pass in front of us and we all stood up and yelled "Hand Ball!", in fact quite a few people did this including a teenager wearing a white away shirt. Can't recall any issues whatsoever.

Fans should be able to sit beside each other and support other clubs, unfortunately there are some obnoxious knobs out there with bad intent, so either gobby or violent.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 08:39 - May 6 with 5210 viewsbritbiker

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 08:07 - May 6 by Pendejo

A group of us did this @ Naaridge 93 or 94, Gunn picked up a back pass in front of us and we all stood up and yelled "Hand Ball!", in fact quite a few people did this including a teenager wearing a white away shirt. Can't recall any issues whatsoever.

Fans should be able to sit beside each other and support other clubs, unfortunately there are some obnoxious knobs out there with bad intent, so either gobby or violent.

I enjoy the banter between the sets of fans but also enjoy talking with the true away fans (not the one off cup game fans who are trying to act tough and come out of tge woodwork once a year).
You find most have exactly the same fears as us. Bad ownership, players not good enough, we always lose to weak teams etc.

I find it amazing that we cant be trusted to sit next to an opposition fan yet in america,the gun mad yanks sit amongst opposition fans to watch american football.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 08:45 - May 6 with 5170 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My mate from school, down for the weekend and a die hard white, was exceptionally well drilled.......stood up for our goals, stayed seated for theirs and even launched a solo "you're sh1t and you know you are" at his own team.....#proud.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 08:55 - May 6 with 5103 viewsEly_Blue

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 05:16 - May 6 by powinswitch

There was a guy and his partner sat next to me, he was a Leeds fan and she was actually a villa fan. Middle aged guy, we had a really good chat before and at points during the game, he didn’t do anything daft and was a pleasure to talk to. He had a bit of a soft spot for Town as he had friends in the area (who had got him the ticket), before he left he wished us well for next season.

On the flip side to that were the corporate guys who were allowed to sit at the back of the lower Sir Alf and do as much shouting and screaming for their team as possible, that I am afraid is out of order, the club should not sell corporate hospitality in a home end to a way fans under any circumstances and had the situation been a more critical one then it’s quite possible that it could have kicked off more than it did, this is something the club needs to address as it’s not the first time either

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:13 - May 6 with 4987 viewsweeally

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 08:55 - May 6 by Ely_Blue

There was a guy and his partner sat next to me, he was a Leeds fan and she was actually a villa fan. Middle aged guy, we had a really good chat before and at points during the game, he didn’t do anything daft and was a pleasure to talk to. He had a bit of a soft spot for Town as he had friends in the area (who had got him the ticket), before he left he wished us well for next season.

On the flip side to that were the corporate guys who were allowed to sit at the back of the lower Sir Alf and do as much shouting and screaming for their team as possible, that I am afraid is out of order, the club should not sell corporate hospitality in a home end to a way fans under any circumstances and had the situation been a more critical one then it’s quite possible that it could have kicked off more than it did, this is something the club needs to address as it’s not the first time either

RE the corporate hospitality ticketholders - I understand their attitude and behaviour in the restaurant wasn't much better either....too much alcohol available to them and no self control.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:15 - May 6 with 4975 viewsPendejo

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 08:55 - May 6 by Ely_Blue

Re the corporate thing, many years ago the company I worked for had a few nasty incidents.

I worked in Manchester and the company decided to get a box at Reebok as they couldn't afford both United and City, plus could not be seen with a box at either without the other, thus Bolton selected for Prem football and nice new ground.

We didn't have many clients based in or, who supported, Bolton. Thus, all the guests tended to be either neutral or support the away team. We had big problems when Liverpool played there which involved Police and stewards keeping home fans from attacking the box. I went there twice for these events... both 0-0 bore fests...

Another one we had trouble at was at a place called Portman Road. The company sponsored a home game v Bolton and we brought a mini-coach down from Manchester, two Manc based Ipswich fans, a Rangers ST holder and 12 guests... including some folks who actually supported Bolton.
Match sponsors at PR get [got?] the box nearest to the players tunnel and some seasons in the upper part of what is now Co-op Stand. The guests decided to sit up in the stand and celebrated John McGinley's goal... they soon moved back to the box as they were threatened up there!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:22 - May 6 with 4911 viewsstrikalite

I expect somewhere down the line we've all sat/stood with opposing teams supporters, I have a few times, and will probably have to at some point next season for limited away ticket allocation for many grounds, but you simply have to give nothing away whatsoever, as soon as you show any reaction to an incident or certainly a goal then you're pretty much done, if you can't do this then quite simply you definitely shouldn't be in there..
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:29 - May 6 with 4855 viewsPJH

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:22 - May 6 by strikalite

I expect somewhere down the line we've all sat/stood with opposing teams supporters, I have a few times, and will probably have to at some point next season for limited away ticket allocation for many grounds, but you simply have to give nothing away whatsoever, as soon as you show any reaction to an incident or certainly a goal then you're pretty much done, if you can't do this then quite simply you definitely shouldn't be in there..

The Den 1978 was a pretty good example of that.
It must have been pay on the gate and my mate and I went in the first set of turnstiles that we came to.Apparently we had really supposed to have been down the other end but as things turned out we were probably in the safest place.
My mate started to throw his arms up when George Burley got our first goal and I do not think my reflexes ever worked as fast as they did at that moment when I knocked his arms down.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:35 - May 6 with 4800 viewsloyalfan

The Leeds fans in SAR hopitality- including Terry Yorath- were very well behaved in the meal before the match and I had absolutely no problem with the 6 sat to my left during the match. They had had letters to tell them to behave respectfully. It turned out to be a good day for Town and nothing was riding on it for either team. If they brought in some extra money for ITFC then why not take it Went back to London by train after the match and their fans were fun and not a bit out of order.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:36 - May 6 with 4799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:22 - May 6 by strikalite

I can do the no reaction when we score bit but standing up to celebrate whenthe home team scores always fails me!
[Post edited 6 May 2019 9:48]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:36 - May 6 with 4790 viewsloyalfan

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:13 - May 6 by weeally

RE the corporate hospitality ticketholders - I understand their attitude and behaviour in the restaurant wasn't much better either....too much alcohol available to them and no self control.

I disagree with that.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:36 - May 6 with 4787 viewsNo9

And, sounds the type of fan football needs more of?
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 10:52 - May 6 with 4497 viewsBluespeed225

Just heard of some disorder by the Salutation last night, around 9.30. People locked in pub.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 10:57 - May 6 with 4456 viewsballycastle

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 10:52 - May 6 by Bluespeed225

Just heard of some disorder by the Salutation last night, around 9.30. People locked in pub.

Imagine if they had of needed to win? There wouldn't have been a seat left in the away section.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 11:08 - May 6 with 4378 viewsbahri

Years ago someone I worked with had a Norwich season ticket. They couldn't attend the local derby ( it was Boxing Day, I think). I had the ticket, sat in their seat with my Ipswich scarf. A few odd looks but no trouble at all. The game finished 0-0, so no jumping up or sitting glum.
Not sure I'd do that know, too much hatred.

redandella

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 12:50 - May 6 with 4076 viewsMaySixth

I was in Hall of Fame in the Cobbold and there were more Leeds than Ipswich. Families and groups of lads had clearly bought their tickets months ago and it was surreal feeling celebrating Downes goal - felt like an away fan in my own ground.

Absolutely no bother whatsoever and a lot of them were down for the weekend as were out and about in Isaacs post game.

It would have course been mightily different if there was something riding on that game and Leeds lost - to some extent you can understand the number of police involved as it would have booted off.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 13:08 - May 6 with 4007 viewsActionMan

There is a lot of paranoia about English football fans. While some of us are twits, the vast majority just want to pay for their ticket, enjoy the game and go home.

The idea because someone supports another team and is enjoying them winning (or upset because they are losing) while sitting amongst rival fans is going to risk anyone's safety is just not true. Look at Rugby, mixed fans and no trouble. It's illegal to assault someone, we know the law, what team they support doesn't make us forget this.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 14:51 - May 6 with 3793 viewsChateauWines

Talking of wrong fans in wrong place. Many many seasons ago I travelled up to Hartlepool to watch Southend with some mates(don’t ask me why lol). Game was called off with snow before arrived. We ended up going to Peterborough v Hereford. It all kicked off in toilets with Hereford fans in Peterborough end. The only time I’ve been beaten up at a game. The irony
[Post edited 6 May 2019 14:52]

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 19:44 - May 6 with 3353 viewsbritbiker

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 13:08 - May 6 by ActionMan

There is a lot of paranoia about English football fans. While some of us are twits, the vast majority just want to pay for their ticket, enjoy the game and go home.

The idea because someone supports another team and is enjoying them winning (or upset because they are losing) while sitting amongst rival fans is going to risk anyone's safety is just not true. Look at Rugby, mixed fans and no trouble. It's illegal to assault someone, we know the law, what team they support doesn't make us forget this.

There was a lad in the BR lower yesterday who turned up before the kick off wearing a balacava. He went to the front of the stand, right in front of two stewards and started giving the Leeds fans loads of abuse and v signs.

Not surprisingly they followed him to his seat and told him to shut up and remove the balacava. He looked very sheepish but proceeded to do it again later on. He didn't look the type who would have put up a fight if left alone with the Leeds fans so all a bit foolish really. Maybe he heard our old IRA chant from the 1980's and has taken it too seriously.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 19:53 - May 6 with 3296 viewsWD19

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 09:36 - May 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

I can do the no reaction when we score bit but standing up to celebrate whenthe home team scores always fails me!
[Post edited 6 May 2019 9:48]

I was in with Charlton fans 30 yards from you lot when we lost 3-2 on New Year’s Day in our prem relegation season.

2-0 up to 3-2 down with a cast iron red not given. Swore never again after that. Have only ever made an exception at Watford when I took the family.....and went nuts at Chaplows goal cos I didn’t care that close to the end of the game.
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 19:55 - May 6 with 3290 viewsNBVJohn

As an exiled Town fan in the Midlands I have been in this situation many times. If you behave in a respectful, tactful and friendly way, it is amazing how welcoming and accepting people are.

On one occasion however, and against my better judgement I sat in the home end at Coventry with a Town supporting associate who I didn’t know that well and he unfortunately turned out to be a bit of an idiot. It was not pleasant and I have never attended a game with him since!
Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 19:58 - May 6 with 3274 viewspowinswitch

Leeds fans certainly put some planning into following their team on 13:08 - May 6 by ActionMan

In the 50s and 60s, bed and breakfasts might put out a notice saying no blacks or Irish or whatever. That was rightly outlawed. But in 2019, it is perfectly acceptable to ban somebod from entering a pub, because they support the wrong team. The home fans only notice is not something to be proud of.

As an aside, a few years back at a game we lost at Elland Road, I stayed up there. After the game the Leeds fans hosting me, took me to a great pub packed with Leeds fans. Shortly after we arrived two birds in replica Town strips walked in and stayed drinking with them for a fair time. Think they were from Bury St Edmunds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024