Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What on earth! 15:38 - May 5 with 6457 viewsbluejacko

Why did all those police in riot gear need to be there?
Total overkill! How much did that cost the club?
[Post edited 5 May 2019 15:39]
What on earth! on 15:41 - May 5 with 6418 viewsfloridaboy

Obviously nothing to do with the reputation that Leeds fans have!
What on earth! on 15:45 - May 5 with 6368 viewsbluejacko

What on earth! on 15:41 - May 5 by floridaboy

In front of the SBR!never took more than a few stewards to sit there before.
What on earth! on 15:45 - May 5 with 6367 viewsblueislander

What on earth! on 15:41 - May 5 by floridaboy

What happened to the other 6,000 or soLeeds fans who were going to overrun Portman Road?
What on earth! on 16:08 - May 5 with 6169 viewsbackwaywhen

What on earth! on 15:45 - May 5 by blueislander

What happened to the other 6,000 or soLeeds fans who were going to overrun Portman Road?

They would have been there had auto promotion been possible , as it was some were in other parts of the ground .
What on earth! on 19:57 - May 5 with 5725 viewsDebsyAngel

Totally agree. Where are they when real crimes are committed and you need them? Did not see any bad behaviour - just a bit of funny banter from the stands.
What on earth! on 22:52 - May 5 with 5468 viewsbradforblues

And if they weren't there and there was a pitch invasion we'd all be crying why weren't the Police there !! It's called prevention and being safe rather than sorry despite the cost.

you are my ipswich !!

What on earth! on 00:30 - May 6 with 5337 viewsBrixtonBlue

What on earth! on 22:52 - May 5 by bradforblues

And if they weren't there and there was a pitch invasion we'd all be crying why weren't the Police there !! It's called prevention and being safe rather than sorry despite the cost.

And will have been booked before it was known that it wouldn't be a crucial game for Leeds.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What on earth! on 07:50 - May 6 with 5150 viewsbluejacko

What on earth! on 22:52 - May 5 by bradforblues

A pitch invasion from who?
The SBR fans didn’t need to go on the pitch and as the Leeds fans were in the top tier unless they can fly they were not coming on the pitch either.
As to being already booked all it takes is a simple phone call during the week before,thanks but we don’t need so many of your chaps thank you.
Login to get fewer ads

What on earth! on 08:08 - May 6 with 5108 viewsartsbossbeard

Leeds, whether you like to hear this or not, are a big club who also have at least two local supporters groups thus making it difficult to 100% confirm how many Leeds fans might well be in the home sections as the usual postcode rules can easily be worked around. Even with the heightened ticket sales rules for this game.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/footage-shows-fans-clashing-

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What on earth! on 09:28 - May 6 with 4970 viewsbluejacko

What on earth! on 08:08 - May 6 by artsbossbeard

Leeds, whether you like to hear this or not, are a big club who also have at least two local supporters groups thus making it difficult to 100% confirm how many Leeds fans might well be in the home sections as the usual postcode rules can easily be worked around. Even with the heightened ticket sales rules for this game.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/footage-shows-fans-clashing-

That’s cleared that up then! The solid line of police at the end was to stop a small amount of Leeds fans coming on the pitch from the SBR.Thats if they were not identified fairly quickly and ejected before any nonsense took place.
What about the mass invasion from the rest of the ground then? There were a few of them about but they kept their heads down and behaved themselves.
Any trouble would have been outside and as they were bussed to and from the gates the risk was fairly well contained.
What on earth! on 10:16 - May 6 with 4893 viewsBlue_Order

We had 3/4 of them standing on the stairs of the section watching us the whole second half.
What on earth! on 11:45 - May 6 with 4774 viewsLord_Lucan

What on earth! on 08:08 - May 6 by artsbossbeard

Re your video

Liverpool fans spent most of their time in Barcelona throwing bystanders into fountains. Rumours have it that Barca fans are planning a revenge attack pushing scousers into Job Centres.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6983855/Liverpool-fan-pushed-

I was on holiday in Dom Rep once and a group of them stood by the bar all day doing the same thing to other holiday makers - including people who were dressed nice to go out or eat. Complete free for all - no age restrictions.

Tossers

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What on earth! on 11:58 - May 6 with 4737 viewswellyblue

What on earth! on 11:45 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

Re your video

Liverpool fans spent most of their time in Barcelona throwing bystanders into fountains. Rumours have it that Barca fans are planning a revenge attack pushing scousers into Job Centres.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6983855/Liverpool-fan-pushed-

I was on holiday in Dom Rep once and a group of them stood by the bar all day doing the same thing to other holiday makers - including people who were dressed nice to go out or eat. Complete free for all - no age restrictions.

Tossers

All just innocent high jinks from those lovable scally Scousers…
What on earth! on 12:30 - May 6 with 4667 viewsOxford_Blue

If they hadn’t been there and there was trouble you would have been the first to criticise the club.

It was the final match against a team whose fans have a reputation for trouble.

We are getting relegated and they missed out on automatic promotion. Plus they brought 4,000.

I can see why it was sensible to take a cautious approach.
What on earth! on 17:15 - May 6 with 4522 viewsbluejacko

What on earth! on 12:30 - May 6 by Oxford_Blue

If they hadn’t been there and there was trouble you would have been the first to criticise the club.

It was the final match against a team whose fans have a reputation for trouble.

We are getting relegated and they missed out on automatic promotion. Plus they brought 4,000.

I can see why it was sensible to take a cautious approach.

Look even IF town fans had decided to ‘invade’ the pitch as the Leeds fans were all in the top tier there was zero chance of any agro in the ground, the line of police in front of the SBR and indeed in front of the EOE stand was completely over the top! In fact the appearance of a line of police in riot gear got a reaction of WTF from all about where we were sitting and even a chant of ‘what a waste of money’ came from the Leeds fans!
What on earth! on 18:08 - May 6 with 4460 viewsLord_Lucan

What on earth! on 17:15 - May 6 by bluejacko

Look even IF town fans had decided to ‘invade’ the pitch as the Leeds fans were all in the top tier there was zero chance of any agro in the ground, the line of police in front of the SBR and indeed in front of the EOE stand was completely over the top! In fact the appearance of a line of police in riot gear got a reaction of WTF from all about where we were sitting and even a chant of ‘what a waste of money’ came from the Leeds fans!

Have to disagree really to be honest.

Public safety is paramount and Leeds are no angels, hindsight is a marvelous thing but you have to accept that there may have been no trouble because the policing was correct.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What on earth! on 18:59 - May 6 with 4336 viewsbluejacko

What on earth! on 18:08 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

Have to disagree really to be honest.

Public safety is paramount and Leeds are no angels, hindsight is a marvelous thing but you have to accept that there may have been no trouble because the policing was correct.

Please tell me HOW the Leeds fans were any threat to public safety in the ground? Were you there
? If you were you would have seen that the whole of the lower cobbald was empty,there was no way on earth that our fans and theirs would be capable of any interaction unless there is a way of flying that has been invented.
What on earth! on 19:02 - May 6 with 4324 viewsLord_Lucan

What on earth! on 18:59 - May 6 by bluejacko

Please tell me HOW the Leeds fans were any threat to public safety in the ground? Were you there
? If you were you would have seen that the whole of the lower cobbald was empty,there was no way on earth that our fans and theirs would be capable of any interaction unless there is a way of flying that has been invented.

They all have flying cars...........

.............You've never seen Leeds in action have you.

What on earth! on 19:08 - May 6 with 4293 viewsm14_blue

Are you really questioning LL’s expertise on pitch invasions?
What on earth! on 19:26 - May 6 with 4237 viewsbluejacko

What on earth! on 19:02 - May 6 by Lord_Lucan

They all have flying cars...........

.............You've never seen Leeds in action have you.

Well I am of that age that I know perfectly well what football violence was all about!
What on earth! on 19:33 - May 6 with 4203 viewsBlue_Moses

What on earth! on 19:57 - May 5 by DebsyAngel

Totally agree. Where are they when real crimes are committed and you need them? Did not see any bad behaviour - just a bit of funny banter from the stands.

Loads of Leeds fans in the Cricketers before the game without the need of riot police. Actually had quite a good laugh with them
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:16 - May 6 with 4060 viewsOxford_Blue

What on earth! on 22:28 - May 6 with 3966 viewsChateauWines

What on earth! on 07:50 - May 6 by bluejacko

A pitch invasion from who?
The SBR fans didn’t need to go on the pitch and as the Leeds fans were in the top tier unless they can fly they were not coming on the pitch either.
As to being already booked all it takes is a simple phone call during the week before,thanks but we don’t need so many of your chaps thank you.

I would’ve imagined that you have to book police well in advance and with our issues in past, doubt you can just cancel them. Overtime etc would have been arranged and need to be honoured

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024