Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seriously ridiculous injury list 08:32 - May 5 with 2308 viewsrfretwell

To have not one recognised forward fully fit for the Leeds match, most seriously injured including our leading young forwards, and not forgetting our long term injured midfielders - the clubs injury record has worsened during PLs time in charge instead of what we all longed for, improving. Whats going on? If this continues into next season, with even more games and no international breaks, it will seriously hamper our ambitions yet again. Is the club looking at what he leading clubs are doing to minimise injuries? Maybe starting up the A140.
Seriously ridiculous injury list on 08:35 - May 5 with 2276 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Injuries has been our biggest problem for some time and a fair number of our current ones will not be fit until well into next season.

I am with you, what is going on? There must be something that can be done. Surely, successive people have been trying.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 08:41 - May 5 with 2255 viewsSuperblue95

When you shop in the bargain basement you tend to pick up injury prone players.

Couple that with the fact that we are rarely on the front foot in games and our players end up chasing shadows constantly.

Not sure what’s going on with the youngsters though, hopefully just a freak year for them

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 08:46 - May 5 with 2234 viewsFramfarmer

sounds like defence v attack for 90+ mins again for this last match. At least the Leeds reserves won't be quite as daunting.
Can't wait for the role reversal next season where Bart will have to bring on a hot water bottle to keep warm
Seriously ridiculous injury list on 08:47 - May 5 with 2231 viewsElephantintheRoom

Cuts across the board mean cuts in the medical care provided too. It's no coincidence that Webster and McGoldrick have been transformed simply by leaving

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 08:48 - May 5 with 2213 viewsPendejo

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 08:41 - May 5 by Superblue95

When you shop in the bargain basement you tend to pick up injury prone players.

Couple that with the fact that we are rarely on the front foot in games and our players end up chasing shadows constantly.

Not sure what’s going on with the youngsters though, hopefully just a freak year for them

Marcus Evans clearly tripped over a black cat, stumbled under a ladder then crashed into a couple of fellas carrying a massive mirror and all of the bad luck has come back onto ITFC.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 09:06 - May 5 with 2133 viewsrfretwell

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 08:47 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Cuts across the board mean cuts in the medical care provided too. It's no coincidence that Webster and McGoldrick have been transformed simply by leaving

Yes amazing that they can both get through a whole season with their new clubs uninjured!
Seriously ridiculous injury list on 09:31 - May 5 with 2050 viewsWhymarkmariner

No coincidence that when your winning everybody is fit, when your losing everybody is injured. Loan players have come in and it has been admitted that they are not really match fit. Some were injury prone before they came to us. I know it's no guarantee that if prior to signing a player his medical history is looked at. When McCarthy was manager he brought in Williams a second time and he didn't play a game. Several of the good loans McCarthy made were at times out injured. Mainly because they were vastly superior to what we had and I would suggest targeted by opposing teams. Next season with a vastly reduced squad it is imperative that those we bring in have a good injury record. I for one wanted Keane to stay, but in hindsight I don't think with players like Skuse and Chambers who won't be able to play 60+ matches we can afford any passengers. There will of course be a few as Huws and Sears might not be available to any degree.
Seriously ridiculous injury list on 09:45 - May 5 with 1977 viewsbayblue

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 09:31 - May 5 by Whymarkmariner

No coincidence that when your winning everybody is fit, when your losing everybody is injured. Loan players have come in and it has been admitted that they are not really match fit. Some were injury prone before they came to us. I know it's no guarantee that if prior to signing a player his medical history is looked at. When McCarthy was manager he brought in Williams a second time and he didn't play a game. Several of the good loans McCarthy made were at times out injured. Mainly because they were vastly superior to what we had and I would suggest targeted by opposing teams. Next season with a vastly reduced squad it is imperative that those we bring in have a good injury record. I for one wanted Keane to stay, but in hindsight I don't think with players like Skuse and Chambers who won't be able to play 60+ matches we can afford any passengers. There will of course be a few as Huws and Sears might not be available to any degree.

Play Chambers at centre forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:23 - May 5 with 1894 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes and it is why there is no point, really, in trying to analyse anything that has happened on the pitch in the last few weeks. It appears to be an achievement to put a fit 11 players out. That in itself is not good enough — seems to be a weird mix of sheer bad luck, gambling on signings who aren't up to speed and poor recovery management — but it does mean Lambert is excused the current mish-mash in my book.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:48 - May 5 with 1806 viewspointofblue

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:23 - May 5 by SomethingBlue

Yes and it is why there is no point, really, in trying to analyse anything that has happened on the pitch in the last few weeks. It appears to be an achievement to put a fit 11 players out. That in itself is not good enough — seems to be a weird mix of sheer bad luck, gambling on signings who aren't up to speed and poor recovery management — but it does mean Lambert is excused the current mish-mash in my book.

Though surely Lambert needs to be looking at why so many players are struggling with poor recovery management? Though this has been a plague on the club since Mick’s time here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:58 - May 5 with 1776 viewsagentp

We have young players mixed with those at the end of their careers - the two most injury prone age groups. Add in a few low-cost [because of their record] punts and you can expect them.

The long drive that Mcgoldrick had is not to be underestimated. I can remember driving 4 hours to Rotherham to play Rugby a few times a week. Your muscles go to sleep and take some waking up and there isn't usually enough pre-training time in the day to do it. I often twinged something and then it would hamper you and get progressively worse. Same for Webster and Garner to some degree I think.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 10:59]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:58 - May 5 with 1774 viewsSomethingBlue

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:48 - May 5 by pointofblue

Though surely Lambert needs to be looking at why so many players are struggling with poor recovery management? Though this has been a plague on the club since Mick’s time here.

I'm sure he is. Can't necessarily do much about all the cruciates — an insane number — but much of the rest of it surely has some roots in poor transfer strategy and poor process. But I was talking really in terms of recent performances, which are absolutely "nothing to see here" for me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 11:28 - May 5 with 1698 viewssundaze

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:58 - May 5 by agentp

We have young players mixed with those at the end of their careers - the two most injury prone age groups. Add in a few low-cost [because of their record] punts and you can expect them.

The long drive that Mcgoldrick had is not to be underestimated. I can remember driving 4 hours to Rotherham to play Rugby a few times a week. Your muscles go to sleep and take some waking up and there isn't usually enough pre-training time in the day to do it. I often twinged something and then it would hamper you and get progressively worse. Same for Webster and Garner to some degree I think.

Would never have happened if the dark Lord was still here.
Seriously ridiculous injury list on 23:01 - May 5 with 1518 viewsrfretwell

Seriously ridiculous injury list on 10:58 - May 5 by agentp

Good point about McGoldrick agentp thanks but I thought he was living in/near Ipswich during the week not driving daily from/to his Midlands home. I see Webster and Waghorn both went off injured today so perhaps all the matches are catching up with them now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024