Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Ross 19:43 - May 4 with 5734 viewsAlanG296

Massive underachiever finishing 5th with their resources. Glad we didn't get him.
Jack Ross on 19:45 - May 4 with 5224 viewsGeoffSentence

They must still have premier league parachute payments.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jack Ross on 19:45 - May 4 with 5220 viewsWD19

Yeah, we really dodged a bullet there.....

....oh.....
Jack Ross on 19:48 - May 4 with 5193 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jack Ross on 19:45 - May 4 by WD19

....oh.....

Indeed, imagine if he had guided us to mid-table mediocrity.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jack Ross on 19:53 - May 4 with 5151 viewsthebooks

Phew. Dread to think what might have happened.
Jack Ross on 19:55 - May 4 with 5135 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jack Ross on 19:48 - May 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, imagine if he had guided us to mid-table mediocrity.

People would have been complaining that we should have gone for Hurst. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jack Ross on 19:58 - May 4 with 5116 viewschristiand

It's a 'Damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

If he gets them up via the play offs, does it really matter? Nope.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Jack Ross on 20:07 - May 4 with 5033 viewsPJH

....oh.....

Yep, we were so lucky that we got Hurst instead.
Jack Ross on 22:04 - May 4 with 4750 viewsdavblue

Turning things around in 12 months was always going to be a big ask.

They will be ready next season should they not go up.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Ross on 22:11 - May 4 with 4717 viewsActionMan

....oh.....

It shows if anything that out of a recruitment process that gave us Paul Hurst, Jack Ross and Frank Lampard how hard it is to find the right man for the job here given Frank is the most successful out of those three... For those who might want Lambert out after 10 games next season if we're not storming the league, please bare this in mind.
Jack Ross on 22:40 - May 4 with 4632 viewsjas0999

Yep, because Hurst did so well. Lambert has done even better ... oh.
Jack Ross on 23:25 - May 4 with 4549 viewsKievthegreat

Jack Ross on 19:45 - May 4 by GeoffSentence

They must still have premier league parachute payments.

Yep, £33m this year and £15m next year.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-how-much-r
Jack Ross on 23:28 - May 4 with 4541 viewsunstableblue

To be fair Sunderland we’re in a shambolic state at the end of last season.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Jack Ross on 03:29 - May 5 with 4403 viewsIllinoisblue

3 games away from playing in a higher league than us next season

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jack Ross on 05:38 - May 5 with 4358 viewsfergalsharkey

Jack Ross on 23:28 - May 4 by unstableblue

To be fair Sunderland we’re in a shambolic state at the end of last season.

Shambolic.

Imagine that.....

Poll: Cook out?

Jack Ross on 08:11 - May 5 with 4176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jack Ross on 05:38 - May 5 by fergalsharkey

Shambolic.

Imagine that.....

Indeed, and there are those who seem to think we will be doing at least as well as they did this season next season.

I hope they are right. I am not entirely convinced at the moment, though.

Jack Ross on 09:31 - May 5 with 4029 viewsNo9

This should ring alarm bells with all at PR = Div 3 is not going to be that easy to get out of.
Jack Ross on 11:10 - May 5 with 3868 viewsKeaneish

If you offered me a 5th place finish next season only losing 5 games and getting to the final of a Mickey Mouse cup, i'd bite your hand-off.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Jack Ross on 11:39 - May 5 with 3809 viewsbraveblue

Yeah. We have done really well.
Jack Ross on 16:03 - May 5 with 3569 viewsChurchman

Jack Ross on 11:10 - May 5 by Keaneish

If you offered me a 5th place finish next season only losing 5 games and getting to the final of a Mickey Mouse cup, i'd bite your hand-off.

Me too. With the long established Evans investment model and the state of the club, let alone one of the worst teams at 2nd tier level, anything above 4th bottom next season will be an achievement.
Jack Ross on 16:33 - May 5 with 3502 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jack Ross on 16:03 - May 5 by Churchman

Me too. With the long established Evans investment model and the state of the club, let alone one of the worst teams at 2nd tier level, anything above 4th bottom next season will be an achievement.

Bearing in mind 4 get relegated next season that is a low bench mark.

I do fear we will be in a relegation battle as being as likely as in the promotion mix. I still hope Lambert will sort a lot out in the summer and we will be a revelation next season but those who assume it are living in fantasy land.

Jack Ross on 16:41 - May 5 with 3477 viewsm14_blue

Jack Ross on 16:33 - May 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I do fear we will be in a relegation battle as being as likely as in the promotion mix. I still hope Lambert will sort a lot out in the summer and we will be a revelation next season but those who assume it are living in fantasy land.

I’m sorry, I know that we’re all desperate to show how realistic we are, but us being in a relegation battle is nowhere near as likely as us being in near the top.
Jack Ross on 16:43 - May 5 with 3467 viewsm14_blue

Jack Ross on 11:10 - May 5 by Keaneish

Well obviously, but these things are relative.

If you offered me 6th in the prem I’d be delighted but that doesn’t mean Man United should be happy to finish there. Sunderland have an enormous budget compared to us and were, quite rightly, clear favourites to win the league.
Jack Ross on 17:01 - May 5 with 3429 viewsfloridaboy

Jack Ross on 16:33 - May 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you seriously think we will be in a relegation fight. Suggest you stay away and maybe try a get a ticket up the road.

We will be there or there abouts at least. Actually fancy us with the right investment in the summer to get up automatically. Am really that confident!!

If we are not looking at getting up next season what is the point of going to games. We have to be confident surely.
Jack Ross on 18:12 - May 5 with 3332 viewspeterleeblue

Jack Ross on 16:43 - May 5 by m14_blue

Well obviously, but these things are relative.

If you offered me 6th in the prem I’d be delighted but that doesn’t mean Man United should be happy to finish there. Sunderland have an enormous budget compared to us and were, quite rightly, clear favourites to win the league.

The budget is a bit of a myth.
Most of that is taken up paying Cattermole, Oviedo and Mathews as well as one or two others on Championship wages (but not really worthy of the wage).
Ross overhauled the squad massively with a turn around of over 30 players. Not all the signings have worked as well as one would have hoped.
Sunderland have been predictable and one paced for most of the season and have suffered from being the big fish. Losing Assoro to Swansea and Maja to Bordeaux were big blows and the high profile Will Grigg has been disappointing. Assuming Play offs are failed a quieter summer of 3 or 4 out with similar number in in the correct places will have Sunderland well placed next season. IMHO it would be better for Ipswich if Sunderland went up.

I also think if Ipswich can add some nous and experience at league one level to the youth and pace that is there in abundance then it could be a very good season indeed.

On a personal level if Sunderland don't go up I look forward to the return of my family Derby both home and away.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 18:14]
Jack Ross on 18:51 - May 5 with 3283 viewsm14_blue

Jack Ross on 18:12 - May 5 by peterleeblue

The budget is a bit of a myth.
Most of that is taken up paying Cattermole, Oviedo and Mathews as well as one or two others on Championship wages (but not really worthy of the wage).
Ross overhauled the squad massively with a turn around of over 30 players. Not all the signings have worked as well as one would have hoped.
Sunderland have been predictable and one paced for most of the season and have suffered from being the big fish. Losing Assoro to Swansea and Maja to Bordeaux were big blows and the high profile Will Grigg has been disappointing. Assuming Play offs are failed a quieter summer of 3 or 4 out with similar number in in the correct places will have Sunderland well placed next season. IMHO it would be better for Ipswich if Sunderland went up.

I also think if Ipswich can add some nous and experience at league one level to the youth and pace that is there in abundance then it could be a very good season indeed.

On a personal level if Sunderland don't go up I look forward to the return of my family Derby both home and away.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 18:14]

Fair enough, you obviously know far more than me.

Any team that can afford to spunk £4m on one player should be finishing above Luton and Barnsley though imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024