Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge? 20:51 - Apr 28 with 9713 viewsMeadowlark

Emperor's New clothes?
Or is it just me?
Judge? on 20:55 - Apr 28 with 5208 viewsBLUEBEAT

Free-role players need to be supported by an organised team with a united mind-set.

Do you see the issue now?

Poll: W or W

Judge? on 20:56 - Apr 28 with 5205 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Yet again another one with a hint of “plays well, then gets a new contract and form drops woefully etc” hoping this is badly not the case.
Judge? on 20:56 - Apr 28 with 5199 viewsm14_blue

He's flattered to deceive a bit for me too, not enough end product yet.

However, it's so refreshing to see one of our players demanding the ball, and looking comfortable in possession when he gets it, that I can forgive him.

Could be class next season if we can settle on a formation that brings the best out of him.
Judge? on 20:58 - Apr 28 with 5184 viewsWD19

Tidy player, can see a pass. In League One, with more confident players around him, I think he will do very well. Can see why Brentford let him go though.
Judge? on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 5169 viewsRadlett_blue

Judge? on 20:56 - Apr 28 by m14_blue

He's flattered to deceive a bit for me too, not enough end product yet.

However, it's so refreshing to see one of our players demanding the ball, and looking comfortable in possession when he gets it, that I can forgive him.

Could be class next season if we can settle on a formation that brings the best out of him.

Doesn't really fit into Lambert's preferred 4-3-3 though, does he?
I hope he's not a pound shop Jimmy Bullard.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Judge? on 21:02 - Apr 28 with 5157 viewsm14_blue

Judge? on 21:00 - Apr 28 by Radlett_blue

Doesn't really fit into Lambert's preferred 4-3-3 though, does he?
I hope he's not a pound shop Jimmy Bullard.

Yeah that’s a fair point.

Be interesting to see how we line up in pre season.
Judge? on 21:02 - Apr 28 with 5158 viewsclive_baker

I don’t see that personally, I think he’s probably our best player on paper. If he can stay fit and find some form next season he could tear up L1.

We need a bit of a shake up that’s for sure, and it’ll require a few big calls from Lambert, but I still maintain we’ve got the nucleus of a decent side for next season and Judge should play a big part in that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Judge? on 21:03 - Apr 28 with 5149 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think the jury is still out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Judge? on 21:15 - Apr 28 with 5088 viewsMrTown

Not for me. Think he is top draw, technically superb, needs to play in the no.10.

The sad reality is that there is no quality around him up top. Judge in a better team will look a better player.

Let’s hope Lambert gets the recruitment right in the summer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Judge? on 21:22 - Apr 28 with 5053 viewsDarth_Koont

Judge? on 20:55 - Apr 28 by BLUEBEAT

Free-role players need to be supported by an organised team with a united mind-set.

Do you see the issue now?

I think that's a fair point. Judge moving all over the pitch has made us look more disjointed but that's as much about the absence of a structure for him to have that free role within.

Lambert's certainly got many of the components of a team good enough to challenge in League one. Hopefully, the Summer will be about filling a few obvious gaps and establishing a system the players can find their role and develop within.

Pronouns: He/Him

Judge? on 21:25 - Apr 28 with 5031 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's either Emperor's New Clothes or people have genuinely forgot what a top class player is. He's ok, so I suppose that does put him ahead of most of our players. He's fine., nothing special but fine. Will probably be tidy in L1.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Judge? on 21:30 - Apr 28 with 4989 viewspatrickswell

Jonathan Douglas MK II, I fear.
Judge? on 21:44 - Apr 28 with 4913 viewsGarv

Needs a goal and I think they'll start flying in.

Shown bits of absolute class. The volley that hit the post against Birmingham, the nutmeg and cross he put in for Nolan during another home game. Even the shot yesterday that the keeper tipped over.

I do think he has lacked sharpness, for example the chance at Brentford. I like to think he'll get that back with a pre season.

With a team round him do well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Judge? on 21:44 - Apr 28 with 4911 viewsnodge_blue

ive seen enough to know that hes a quality player. but he cant do it all on his own.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Judge? on 21:45 - Apr 28 with 4899 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He's clearly a good player but I just don't see an end product. Think he's been built up far too much but let's see.
Judge? on 21:49 - Apr 28 with 4873 viewsKeaneish

Judge? on 21:02 - Apr 28 by clive_baker

I don’t see that personally, I think he’s probably our best player on paper. If he can stay fit and find some form next season he could tear up L1.

We need a bit of a shake up that’s for sure, and it’ll require a few big calls from Lambert, but I still maintain we’ve got the nucleus of a decent side for next season and Judge should play a big part in that.

Same for me. Unless you're world class trying to pull a whole team together is pretty difficult and he's the only player we have with any consistent quality. That's died a little in recent games but there's an air of inevitably about that given we've been relegated for a long time whether mathematical or not.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge? on 21:50 - Apr 28 with 4862 viewsDeano69

Judge? on 21:30 - Apr 28 by patrickswell

Trying to think of even one element of his game that matches Douglas. No, still can’t.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Judge? on 21:52 - Apr 28 with 4853 viewsReuser_is_God

Judge? on 21:02 - Apr 28 by clive_baker

I think it’s a case of putting Judge at number 10 then building the rest around him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Judge? on 21:53 - Apr 28 with 4836 viewsRadlett_blue

Judge? on 21:49 - Apr 28 by Keaneish

Same for me. Unless you're world class trying to pull a whole team together is pretty difficult and he's the only player we have with any consistent quality. That's died a little in recent games but there's an air of inevitably about that given we've been relegated for a long time whether mathematical or not.

I think it's more that the way we play produces next to no goal threat. Striker often isolated, very little threat from the flanks unless Edwards is fit & on form. We pass the ball sideways in the opposition half, but with no idea how to get behind a defence.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

on 21:53 - Apr 28 with 4833 views_

Judge? on 21:59 - Apr 28 with 4805 viewsGuthrum

He seems to be a player who tries to make things happen - currently hampered by the lack of effective strikers operating ahead of him.

Has a reasonable set-piece delivery.

Perhaps not a world-shaker ... but if he was, he wouldn't be at Ipswich now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Judge? on 22:00 - Apr 28 with 4798 viewsm14_blue

Judge? on 21:50 - Apr 28 by Deano69

Trying to think of even one element of his game that matches Douglas. No, still can’t.

He came from Brentford?

He’s Irish?

Beyond that got to say I’m stumped.
Judge? on 22:06 - Apr 28 with 4765 viewsRegencyBlue

I don’t think so!
Judge? on 22:08 - Apr 28 with 4749 viewsRegencyBlue

He’s a good player surrounded largely by dross is my take on it!
Judge? on 22:11 - Apr 28 with 4718 viewsKieran_Knows

Christ.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024