Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The opposite ends of humanity. 15:15 - Apr 28 with 530 viewsbritbiker

https://news.sky.com/story/lion-farming-investigation-reveals-hunters-spend-thou

Having watched the thousands of hero's running the London marathon for multitudes of charities, I then read the above link about hunters paying thousands to shoot captive lions so that they can have their pictures taken with the dead animal.

I could sort of understand killing an animal to feed the family. But how pathetic are some people. Do they think this is an act of bravery. Give some of the money to a worthy charity instead.
The opposite ends of humanity. on 15:24 - Apr 28 with 506 viewsGuthrum

Interesting one I heard about in the foothills of the Karakoram. The mountain goats are protected, but from time to time a small number need to be culled, for population control. Rather than the organisation doing it themselves, hunters can pay to come and shoot one. The money then goes into funding the conservation work.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The opposite ends of humanity. on 15:28 - Apr 28 with 500 viewsMullet

The opposite ends of humanity. on 15:24 - Apr 28 by Guthrum

Interesting one I heard about in the foothills of the Karakoram. The mountain goats are protected, but from time to time a small number need to be culled, for population control. Rather than the organisation doing it themselves, hunters can pay to come and shoot one. The money then goes into funding the conservation work.

A lot of these operations are just that. The severe poverty makes the animals valuable livestock to be used this way.

I find the whole thing weird, but I've seen arguments that without these "hunters" the shortfall in cash would be devastating in many areas.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The opposite ends of humanity. on 15:39 - Apr 28 with 475 viewsbritbiker

The opposite ends of humanity. on 15:28 - Apr 28 by Mullet

A lot of these operations are just that. The severe poverty makes the animals valuable livestock to be used this way.

I find the whole thing weird, but I've seen arguments that without these "hunters" the shortfall in cash would be devastating in many areas.

I'm more perturbed by what goes on in the head of someone who gets his kicks out of doing this. I get that some communities require the money and i'm sure that the hunter would not help out the community without the 'thrill' of shooting a creature that can do them no harm whatsoever.

The funding of the local community is a totally different issue that governments need to address but do not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024