Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 19:30 - Apr 27 with 2637 viewskizaitfc

He has hired 5 managers - 3 of them have been very poor and 1 still to prove himself.

Any owner with that kind of record would have resigned/sold up.

The blame is obvious, he has to pin all his hopes on PL and that has to include putting a few more £££ in. If this one goes wrong id expect PR to completely turn on him.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Evans on 19:31 - Apr 27 with 2616 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Owners can't resign.

You can't sell something if there is no demand.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans on 13:32 - Apr 29 with 2445 viewskizaitfc

Evans on 19:31 - Apr 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Owners can't resign.

You can't sell something if there is no demand.

hence the "/sold up"

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Point of order...... on 13:34 - Apr 29 with 2444 viewsBloots

.....4 of them have been very poor.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Point of order...... on 13:35 - Apr 29 with 2436 viewschicoazul

Point of order...... on 13:34 - Apr 29 by Bloots

.....4 of them have been very poor.

And don't for get Clegg and, perhaps to be fair to a much lesser extent, Milne were both disasters in their own way too. Evans is a unique combination of unlucky and useless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Evans on 13:36 - Apr 29 with 2423 viewsDyland

Evans on 13:32 - Apr 29 by kizaitfc

hence the "/sold up"

You need a buyer to sell something to.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Evans on 13:37 - Apr 29 with 2416 viewskizaitfc

Evans on 13:36 - Apr 29 by Dyland

You need a buyer to sell something to.

You need to be willing to sell and maybe even searching to sell.

Very hard to sell a house unless you put it up for sale.

Evans on 13:38 - Apr 29 with 2405 viewsDyland

Evans on 13:37 - Apr 29 by kizaitfc

Evans would sell if there was a buyer willing to pay a "sensible" fee.

This has been done to death.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Evans on 13:40 - Apr 29 with 2393 viewsDarth_Koont

They've all been poor when given a bit of money too - Jim, Keane, Jewell and Hurst.

Evans has been unlucky in that respect, surely? Must be very hard for him to see the benefits of pushing the boat out when the boat always sinks straightaway.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 13:40 - Apr 29 with 2394 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Evans on 13:37 - Apr 29 by kizaitfc

Football clubs aren’t like houses though - there are only 44 football clubs in the top 2 tiers of English football for example, whereas there are hundreds and thousands of houses

You can perhaps argue he could have been more actively looking to sell, but the reality is there isn’t a queue of investors waiting for the chance to buy us
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 13:41]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Evans on 13:57 - Apr 29 with 2324 viewskizaitfc

Evans on 13:40 - Apr 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Football clubs aren’t like houses though - there are only 44 football clubs in the top 2 tiers of English football for example, whereas there are hundreds and thousands of houses

You can perhaps argue he could have been more actively looking to sell, but the reality is there isn’t a queue of investors waiting for the chance to buy us

If he made a statement and said the club is available for sale, he would be far more likely to get an offer is my point. Whether that offer would be good enough and the owner be suitable is a different story.

But he has continued running this club like he is doing a good job, taken no responsibility until this season (and even then very little) for the mess he has been a huge part of.

If you look at the most recent clubs to get promoted and finish top 6, they have had new owners willing to spend, we lost that 4 years ago and now look where we are.

Evans on 14:04 - Apr 29 with 2302 viewsIpswichKnight

Evans on 13:57 - Apr 29 by kizaitfc

If he made a statement and said the club is available for sale, he would be far more likely to get an offer is my point. Whether that offer would be good enough and the owner be suitable is a different story.

But he has continued running this club like he is doing a good job, taken no responsibility until this season (and even then very little) for the mess he has been a huge part of.

If you look at the most recent clubs to get promoted and finish top 6, they have had new owners willing to spend, we lost that 4 years ago and now look where we are.

Listen to the EADT podcast ME has had offers and is willing to sell and at a loss to if they are to be believed ( they are more in the know than anyone else here ). However he wants assurances from the new buyers that they have the cash they say they have and that they have a clear funding plan for the club for several years past the sale date.
Evans on 14:07 - Apr 29 with 2290 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Evans on 13:57 - Apr 29 by kizaitfc

Not sure what you expect him to do bearing in mind you’re talking about actual millions of pounds worth of investment here. If he starts pushing publicly that he’s desperate to sell then the value will come crashing down

He’s been a disaster as an owner here unfortunately and his reign has seen us move backwards in the football pyramid. It’s been a disaster for him too and I’m sure he’d sell in a heartbeat if the right offer was there - the reality is that it simply isn’t

As for your last paragraph - not sure how you’ve come to that assessment given the top 2 this season?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Evans on 14:20 - Apr 29 with 2262 viewsNo9

Evans on 13:40 - Apr 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If he has been actively looking ofr a buyer how much is he willing to lose to offload his failed investment?
Evans on 15:06 - Apr 29 with 2211 viewsIpswichKnight

Evans on 14:20 - Apr 29 by No9

If he has been actively looking ofr a buyer how much is he willing to lose to offload his failed investment?

Only ME knows that, all we can go by is what has been reported in that he has had offers, he will sell if the buyers have proof of funds and have a sensible business plan for the club.

I seriously think some here would actually like to see us be sold to the first person to say I will buy regardless of who they are or even if they have any money.

Would you be happy if we were sold to the likes of Ken Anderson or his potential buyer of Bolton?
Evans on 15:08 - Apr 29 with 2205 viewsTractorCam

Evans can 'resign' anytime he wants. If he doesn't care about the club like people say, he could just withdraw his investments right now and walk away, entering us into administration.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Evans on 15:08 - Apr 29 with 2203 viewsPhilTWTD

Evans on 15:06 - Apr 29 by IpswichKnight

Only ME knows that, all we can go by is what has been reported in that he has had offers, he will sell if the buyers have proof of funds and have a sensible business plan for the club.

I seriously think some here would actually like to see us be sold to the first person to say I will buy regardless of who they are or even if they have any money.

Would you be happy if we were sold to the likes of Ken Anderson or his potential buyer of Bolton?

ME has actually said what's in the first paragraph, in the interview he did with the club site re selling if the right offer comes along and in the Mark Murphy interview he did a couple of years ago regarding have received offers over the years.
Evans on 15:10 - Apr 29 with 2194 viewsPJH

Evans on 15:08 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

ME has actually said what's in the first paragraph, in the interview he did with the club site re selling if the right offer comes along and in the Mark Murphy interview he did a couple of years ago regarding have received offers over the years.

But it is what he says in the upcoming TWTD interview that matters.
Evans on 15:11 - Apr 29 with 2192 viewsIpswichKnight

Evans on 15:08 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

Exactly, perhaps we need a sticky with this on!
Evans on 15:14 - Apr 29 with 2182 viewsTractorCam

Evans on 15:11 - Apr 29 by IpswichKnight

Exactly, perhaps we need a sticky with this on!

Doesn't matter, he doesn't invest £20 million into our transfer budget and season tickets are 5 times more expensive than they should be SO EVANS OUT NOW!!!!!!!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Evans on 15:17 - Apr 29 with 2170 viewsMrTown

The narrative around Evans is fairly well known now.

He tried a quick buck 10 years ago by backing his managers early on in his tenure, but trusted the wrong people, as he did with Hurst, and unfortunately maybe not trusted the right people (MM).

But when we never 'made it' he tightened the purse strings and has probably been looking for a way out ever since, hence the continued lack of investment (he's not going to invest in something he wishes to sell).

However, a seller always needs a buyer, and then they need a price. And that just hasn't happened.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Evans on 15:18 - Apr 29 with 2168 viewsMrTown

Evans on 15:17 - Apr 29 by MrTown

The narrative around Evans is fairly well known now.

He tried a quick buck 10 years ago by backing his managers early on in his tenure, but trusted the wrong people, as he did with Hurst, and unfortunately maybe not trusted the right people (MM).

But when we never 'made it' he tightened the purse strings and has probably been looking for a way out ever since, hence the continued lack of investment (he's not going to invest in something he wishes to sell).

However, a seller always needs a buyer, and then they need a price. And that just hasn't happened.

I don't understand why he has never openly stated his desire to sell, would surely put the wider market on notice if he did.

the ONLY thing i can assume is if someone knows a sellers desire to sell, the buyer tends to get a lower price.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024