Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst experience of the season 04:32 - Apr 14 with 8872 viewsatlanticblue

What has yours been is the exit out of the cups , the millwall defeat, yesterday’s defeat. Which one depresses you most

Mine was at carrot road listening to them signing that going up going down song
Worst experience of the season on 04:42 - Apr 14 with 6505 viewseddiespearitt03

Watching last season,s Championship squad being dismantled and retaining League One players.
Worst experience of the season on 07:07 - Apr 14 with 6475 viewsMoisha

I wouldn’t say depressed me but that Millwall home defeat was hard. The first half was some of the best football at PR for years, Sears missed two guilt edged chances which could have put us 3 up at half time. Then the usual mistakes at the back happen and we get beat in the 2nd half.

Bristol City home having led 1 nil and 2-1 then losing 3-2 was when I pretty much knew we were going to really struggle.
Worst experience of the season on 07:26 - Apr 14 with 6440 viewsCuffy81

Bristol City was the ball breaker for me.

2-1 up and completely in control of the game, had a bonkers 10 minutes littered with individual mistakes and a complete lack of concentration killed us

I walked out of PR with so little hope of staying up.
Worst experience of the season on 07:39 - Apr 14 with 6414 viewslazyblue

Worst experience of the season on 07:26 - Apr 14 by Cuffy81

2-1 up and completely in control of the game, had a bonkers 10 minutes littered with individual mistakes and a complete lack of concentration killed us

Millwall was a shock after how we played first half but the low of the season was Bristol City(and I know we had plenty of games to go) as we should have won easily but just looked like one of those teams destined for relegation .
Starting (and finishing) with one up front.... on 07:42 - Apr 14 with 6398 viewsBloots

....in our real "must win game" at home against Reading.

Relegated.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Worst experience of the season on 07:46 - Apr 14 with 6387 viewstractorboy1978

Watching Jordan Roberts lead the line - a player that can't get a game for Lincoln.

Leeds away was the game when I realised that we were totally screwed and nobody could save us.
Worst experience of the season on 08:03 - Apr 14 with 6358 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Barts OG.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Worst experience of the season on 08:18 - Apr 14 with 6318 viewsFtnfwest

At least once every couple of weeks I remember Rotherham at home in 2016. That’s still my worst memory. On the plus side my sons Luton supporting friend who’s come to 6 or 7 Town games over the years (all at home I think) finally got to see us score a goal in a game which happened to be v Nodge. That moment and the 10-15 minutes afterwards was probably my best memory of this season.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 8:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Worst experience of the season on 09:41 - Apr 14 with 6165 viewsKeaneish

The self destruction against Bristol City at home. That was the point I knew we were in real trouble.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Worst experience of the season on 09:43 - Apr 14 with 6155 viewsTractorWood

For me in wasn't a bad experience per se but when I knew we were probably going down was Preston at home. We had a new manager but despite 20 minutes of them having 10 men with their midfielder in goal, we nearly lost.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Worst experience of the season on 09:49 - Apr 14 with 6138 viewsMullet

Walking out of Derby having met Harry up there. Admitting I was really concerned about Hurst and where we were heading followed by 5 minutes of silence.

Looking back, that's when I really feared for us and didn't know what to think. It was too close to Rotherham in every way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Starting (and finishing) with one up front.... on 09:50 - Apr 14 with 6124 viewstextbackup

Starting (and finishing) with one up front.... on 07:42 - Apr 14 by Bloots

....in our real "must win game" at home against Reading.

Relegated.

Without even considering the formation, just that game alone done it for me.

We were down then

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Worst experience of the season on 10:00 - Apr 14 with 6084 viewsNo9

One of mine has been watching McGoldrick & Webster paly almost every game for their respective clubs when at ITFC they were concistently 'injured'
Worst experience of the season on 10:07 - Apr 14 with 6046 viewsWD19

One of the lowlights for me was per-season at Barnet. No creativity. Trying to play out from the back without the ability to do so. Hurst looking lost and confused. Waghorn clearly not wanting to be there. No shots on target.

Then came Exeter....

It never got much better.
Worst experience of the season on 10:23 - Apr 14 with 6011 viewsbritbiker

Worst experience of the season on 10:00 - Apr 14 by No9

One of mine has been watching McGoldrick & Webster paly almost every game for their respective clubs when at ITFC they were concistently 'injured'

Yes. Seeing mcgoldrick on the telly every week running through walls. He had some injuries for us but I still think he never gave us 100%, in fact he has admitted the same. Altough chambers has no where near the same level of talent, you know he gives everything.
Worst experience of the season on 10:41 - Apr 14 with 5958 viewsmadmouse1959

The very beginning of this season and the pathetic loss at Exeter. The writing was on the wall then.

shampoo dave

Worst experience of the season on 16:48 - Apr 14 with 5844 viewsTendring_Blue

The Blackburn game where we conceded 2 very poor goals, we lucked a draw but I was not impressed dispite the fog of positivity # newera!

Exeter and Hurst's strange interview.

Bolton at home. Dear me.

Birmingham away, 2 up and still didn't win.

Bristol City at home was so hard to take. 😥

Millwall at home was another similar one.

But for me ,worst of all Reading at home. When the final reading goal went in I have never felt so deflated at a football match. Wow that was some hammer blow.

I would add, the summer transfer window I was very positive and went along with most of it, blind loyalty and all that. But when Garner went to Wigan I had a sinking feeling. I suppose deep down I knew we wouldn't have chance at that point, but we were all positive at the time for something new.

Bad season but the big positive, the sound of the lower north below me. Top class support.
Worst experience of the season on 17:05 - Apr 14 with 5803 viewsGlasgowBlue

Garner scoring in the 90th minute at Wigan after we had played most the game with 10 men and had been 1-0 up.

A real kick in the bollox that brought home the realisation we’d go down.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Worst experience of the season on 17:55 - Apr 14 with 5735 viewsGeminiblue

Buying a hot drink at the ground at half-time. Tasted like the water had been in the pipes for 20 yrs, nearly spat it out after the first mouthful and had to bin the rest. 🤮
Worst experience of the season on 18:05 - Apr 14 with 5715 viewschristiand

QPR at home under PH. Think we could still be there now and not have a shot in anger at their goal. Think I counted their keeper Lumley touch the ball 5 times, 3 from dealing with back passes from his own defenders!! 😫

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Worst experience of the season on 18:21 - Apr 14 with 5684 viewsjaykay

you and your brother BlueBasqueBorat should really get out more.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Worst experience of the season on 20:53 - Apr 14 with 5562 viewsronnyd

Not that it makes the slightest difference but didn,t we draw yesterday?
Worst experience of the season on 20:57 - Apr 14 with 5559 viewsthebooks

So many.

Hurst's post-Exeter interview was excruciating. A very little man completely out of his depth. But that seems like another age.

Bolton, Preston, Reading and Middlesbrough at home were particularly bad. We played well against Bristol and then shot ourselves in the foot. Over and over.

The number of times we played mind-numbingly ineffective football at home and didn't look like scoring while teams walked through us. The number of times the opposition didn't have to break sweat to beat us. We've seen around 5 good halves of football at PR under Lambert: the rest has been dross.

The North Stand singing "Everything's going to be alright" as this once proud club sank without trace into League One.
Worst experience of the season on 21:01 - Apr 14 with 5551 viewsbackwaywhen

Has to be yesterday after the final whistle...you knew for weeks we were going down , but that moment and the following 10 minutes will live with me forever ... gut wrenching and heartbreaking to see our players stand in awe at the fantastic applause and chanting ... lump in throat moments !.
Worst experience of the season on 21:10 - Apr 14 with 5515 viewsBlue_Moses

Worst experience of the season on 07:26 - Apr 14 by Cuffy81

Bristol City for me too, said we were done after that and unfortunately was correct
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024