Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who owns this relegation 20:02 - Apr 13 with 8727 viewsGeefunk

Evans ? Lambo ? Hurst ? Numbskulls that hounded out mick ?

I would say 1 Evans
2 Numbskulls that hounded out mick
3 Hurst
4 Lambo (he definitely has some responsibility he had plenty of time to turn it around and has done nothing)
Who owns this relegation on 09:40 - Apr 14 with 1545 viewsTractorWood

Who owns this relegation on 20:46 - Apr 13 by Basuco

1. Hurst first and foremost, signing Chalobah and Pennington as neither are good enough for the Championship and their individual mistakes cost lots of goals and played far too many games.

2. MM for leaving behind a squad largely incapable of completing a simple pass.

3. Bad luck with injuries.

4. Appalling decisions by referees with harsh red cards and so many decisions against Town.

5. Marcus Evans for only pumping in £8 million per year of his own money to prop up a financially unsustainable EFL model.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 20:48]

Imagine blaming referees and injuries.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Who owns this relegation on 09:43 - Apr 14 with 1545 viewstractorboy7777

Who owns this relegation on 21:24 - Apr 13 by catch74

No Rommers, it’s a plane.

MM just loved taxiing, Hurst locked himself out of the cockpit, Lamberts just got us to the end of the runway.

Everyone buckled up?

Top of the plane needs a scrub mind.

I would say Mick had us on cruise control with no desire to go faster.

Hurst came in thought he could go faster but didn’t understand that you need to keep the flaps at a level position before beginning the attempt which caused a free fall. Mid flight he jumps out with a parachute blaming the aircraft itself for its decline.

Lambert becomes chief pilot and attempts to avoid the crash landing into the sea but the decline was too fast. He manages to land smoothly with all/most passengers aboard surviving.

The plane eventually sinks but the passengers and Lambert open up the lifeboats looking for dry land
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 9:44]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Who owns this relegation on 09:52 - Apr 14 with 1523 viewsitfcbam

A combination of all. Easy to blame Evans totally but if he is blamed for a lack of investment I would question how much is he supposed to write off every season? in the 10 years it's been about 90mil hasn't it? and that is net which is after transfers. that is about 10% of his worth. maybe the fault has been not generating enough income from us supporters?
Who owns this relegation on 10:19 - Apr 14 with 1486 viewsballycastle

Who owns this relegation on 20:18 - Apr 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Relegation has been coming for years under Evans. He owns a bus. He pretends he cares about the bus but has let the bus deteriorate over the years. He also watched as his driver fell asleep whilst driving towards the cliff edge.

Hurst just sped it up. He thought it was a great idea to sell our engine and replace with cheaper engines from a couple of minibuses. The bus went from slowly travelling in first gear to going off the cliffs to motoring towards them with no plan in place to stop the inevitable.

Lambert has jumped into the passenger seat whilst the brakes had fallen off and is desperately trying to pull the handbrake but no matter how hard he tries, and how popular he is with the passengers on board, he can’t stop the bus from careering over the cliff edge.

Mick was the previous driver. He was a bit boring but would get you from A to B without any casualties. The passengers often complained about him because his music on board was sh*te and he sometimes showed no care for them whatsoever. He even went as far as telling a few at the back to f**k off once. However, he was steady and knew how to drive the ever deteriorating automobile.

The passengers are the victims here. They’d been on that bus route for years - young and old. The bus has gone off the cliffs but the passengers will survive. And they’ll continue taking that route. Albeit via League 1.

'Mick was the previous driver. He was a bit boring but would get you from A to B without any casualties.'

There were thousands of casualties.

When Mick was a young ambitious bus driver he would have hammered on the door of the bus depot manager and demanded a faster bus, as he got older and his style of driving was out dated he signed a contract that positioned his salary against what was spent on the bus.
Who owns this relegation on 10:21 - Apr 14 with 1483 viewspaulmarci

Who owns this relegation on 09:52 - Apr 14 by itfcbam

A combination of all. Easy to blame Evans totally but if he is blamed for a lack of investment I would question how much is he supposed to write off every season? in the 10 years it's been about 90mil hasn't it? and that is net which is after transfers. that is about 10% of his worth. maybe the fault has been not generating enough income from us supporters?

I have to admit I was positive about most managers who have come in over the years and like many was hopeful of a brighter future which did not materialise.
Seen such a free fall for years now and like so many owners of businesses the decisions were made behind closed doors ....so we never knew the true picture even though without the people who really matter ie the supporters the business will fail.
The positives I try to take are the youth progressing through the ranks with help from the seasoned professionals and football I can once more enjoy.
The main thing that worries me is after listening to supporters on Radio 5 live during the week and becoming one of of the club's in financial trouble.
Listening to the mess that some club's are in such as Bolton Bury Northampton and many more it scares the crap out of me that we could one day lose our great club.
So as I have no control over what owners ,management or players demand I will simply do my bit....support the Blues with all my passion and scream my support at every game even if the person next to me sitting in silence thinks who is this dodery old git!
COYB and start the rise again and not the descent.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 10:26]
Who owns this relegation on 10:30 - Apr 14 with 1453 viewspointofblue

1. Hurst first and foremost, signing Chalobah and Pennington as neither are good enough for the Championship and their individual mistakes cost lots of goals and played far too many games.

4. Appalling decisions by referees with harsh red cards and so many decisions against Town.

5. Marcus Evans for only pumping in £8 million per year of his own money to prop up a financially unsustainable EFL model.

Out of all of Hurst’s signings you pick out Chalobah and Pennington? They were probably his best!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who owns this relegation on 10:34 - Apr 14 with 1452 viewswitchdoctor

ha ha...numbskulls...it’s soooooo last year dontcha know?..have you seen the video of the fans at the end of the game yesterday?...lots of happy numbskulls there ‘eh?...😊👍
Who owns this relegation on 10:39 - Apr 14 with 1445 viewsDarth_Koont

Who owns this relegation on 09:43 - Apr 14 by tractorboy7777

Hurst came in thought he could go faster but didn’t understand that you need to keep the flaps at a level position before beginning the attempt which caused a free fall. Mid flight he jumps out with a parachute blaming the aircraft itself for its decline.

Lambert becomes chief pilot and attempts to avoid the crash landing into the sea but the decline was too fast. He manages to land smoothly with all/most passengers aboard surviving.

The plane eventually sinks but the passengers and Lambert open up the lifeboats looking for dry land

"I would say Mick had us on cruise control with no desire to go faster." Do people still think this after the season we've just had?

I'd like to think that when we eventually get back to the Championship we won't take quite as much for granted.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Who owns this relegation on 10:43 - Apr 14 with 1434 viewstractorboy7777

Who owns this relegation on 10:39 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

"I would say Mick had us on cruise control with no desire to go faster." Do people still think this after the season we've just had?

I'd like to think that when we eventually get back to the Championship we won't take quite as much for granted.

By no desire to go faster, I was referring to the ‘must not lose’ mentality of Mick’s
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 10:48]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Who owns this relegation on 10:52 - Apr 14 with 1420 viewspointofblue

Who owns this relegation on 10:39 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

I do feel this to an extent - Mick was happy with his lot and had no desire to change his approach or take a risk to see if it could improve us. I suppose the one time he did was the start of 16/17(?) when a good start was followed by a very unlucky 5-1 reverse at Reading which saw him quickly return to type.

Who owns this relegation on 10:53 - Apr 14 with 1417 viewsDarth_Koont

Who owns this relegation on 10:43 - Apr 14 by tractorboy7777

By no desire to go faster, I was referring to the ‘must not lose’ mentality of Mick’s
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 10:48]

Again, a little bizarre considering we won 17 games last season and scored much more than this time around.

Who owns this relegation on 11:14 - Apr 14 with 1388 viewswitchdoctor

Who owns this relegation on 10:53 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

Again, a little bizarre considering we won 17 games last season and scored much more than this time around.

yep...and why do you think there is a happier vibe around the place at the mo despite those stats?...
Who owns this relegation on 11:21 - Apr 14 with 1381 viewsDarth_Koont

Who owns this relegation on 11:14 - Apr 14 by witchdoctor

yep...and why do you think there is a happier vibe around the place at the mo despite those stats?...

Stockholm syndrome? Because we haven't actually had to deal with relegation and the fallout yet? Because we were just bored with the Championship after 17 years? Because we've got nothing left to complain about? Take your pick.

I'm glad we're positive but let's also be real. This season has been a sh!tshow and we need to get our act together sharpish because this "vibe" won't last unless we start getting things right on and off the pitch.

Anyone who thinks we're taking a step forward is deluded. That all comes next season in a league we need to get ready for.

Who owns this relegation on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 1374 viewsagentp

We had the core of a decent squad last season and they all fecked off with Mick. That's no coincidence.

Last season was the first season for a while that we didn't rely on the goals from Premiership loanees. It was the first season MM had tried to address that and he did in MW.

This season would have seen a few key premiership additions superior to what we have have had and a central pairing of CCV and Webster, and with it a future. MM had said he would not sell Webster unless it was to the premiership to realise his true value.

MW had also agreed to stay and a new contract had been verbally agreed that he was in the process of moving his family here. Before anyone goes on about MW would have gone anyone, well he wasn't going anywhere. All this was discussed within the industry (So to speak) at the time when the players wanted to get out and that is why we were suddenly placed as favourites for the drop.

I imagine we will be 5th or 6th favourites for promotion from L1 by the way we are currently being viewed, with our current standing. Let's see if (Just like the agent fee figures) I am right.

ME has to carry part of the can; every leader does. Hurst a huge part - Lambert less so. Football has changed so much and that makes up much of the rest but the straw that broke the Camels back was ultimately placed there by the numbskulls.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:26]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Who owns this relegation on 11:25 - Apr 14 with 1373 viewsNo9

Who owns this relegation on 09:43 - Apr 14 by tractorboy7777

"I would say Mick had us on cruise control with no desire to go faster. "
I believe there is more than a little truth in that.
I can't think of a manager at ITFC who showed less ambition.
Even the less than good ones came across as winting to move the club forward, MM seemed to be on a bonus for league position rather than promotion.

I accepted when MM was appointed that it was to stabilise a club that was not in a good position.
After the decline after new year 2014 / 2015 seaon things stopped looking good and what had looked like an auto promotion place slipped to getting into the P-O via other clubs slipping as badly as Tiown had.

I would like to think Mr E has sen the error of his ways - at least he has appointed a man who has lifted the spirits of the fans by energetic and enthusiastic performances in not skilled ones.
Who owns this relegation on 11:29 - Apr 14 with 1372 viewsagentp

Who owns this relegation on 11:25 - Apr 14 by No9

"I would say Mick had us on cruise control with no desire to go faster. "
I believe there is more than a little truth in that.
I can't think of a manager at ITFC who showed less ambition.
Even the less than good ones came across as winting to move the club forward, MM seemed to be on a bonus for league position rather than promotion.

I accepted when MM was appointed that it was to stabilise a club that was not in a good position.
After the decline after new year 2014 / 2015 seaon things stopped looking good and what had looked like an auto promotion place slipped to getting into the P-O via other clubs slipping as badly as Tiown had.

I would like to think Mr E has sen the error of his ways - at least he has appointed a man who has lifted the spirits of the fans by energetic and enthusiastic performances in not skilled ones.

Oh no, MM had every desire to go faster. He just never managed to trim it correctly. Whether that was a maintenance issue or a personal flaw is the debate. A bit of both I would say.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:30]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Who owns this relegation on 11:30 - Apr 14 with 1368 viewspointofblue

Who owns this relegation on 11:21 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

Stockholm syndrome? Because we haven't actually had to deal with relegation and the fallout yet? Because we were just bored with the Championship after 17 years? Because we've got nothing left to complain about? Take your pick.

I'm glad we're positive but let's also be real. This season has been a sh!tshow and we need to get our act together sharpish because this "vibe" won't last unless we start getting things right on and off the pitch.

Anyone who thinks we're taking a step forward is deluded. That all comes next season in a league we need to get ready for.

I’ll be blunt - I feel happier going to Portman Road this season rather than last, especially under Lambert, because the football for the most part isn’t attritional, dull, uninspiring, defensive, repetitive and safety first where the main talking point was not the excitement on the pitch but the fans baiting the manager with the latter responding in kind in press conferences. Even when we played poorly this season, and that’s been on a great number of occasions, I could see what we were trying to do.

Now on the flip side I could argue that Lambert should have been more attritional tactically and he cannot be absolved from blame for our relegation. If he had come out and stated needs must be he’d be working towards better play once safety was assured I think many would have accepted it but he decided to take another route. His future, possibly not just with this club but in the game itself considering additional recent failures at other teams, rests on him being right about the new approach long term.

Who owns this relegation on 11:42 - Apr 14 with 1353 viewsDarth_Koont

Who owns this relegation on 11:30 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

I’ll be blunt - I feel happier going to Portman Road this season rather than last, especially under Lambert, because the football for the most part isn’t attritional, dull, uninspiring, defensive, repetitive and safety first where the main talking point was not the excitement on the pitch but the fans baiting the manager with the latter responding in kind in press conferences. Even when we played poorly this season, and that’s been on a great number of occasions, I could see what we were trying to do.

Now on the flip side I could argue that Lambert should have been more attritional tactically and he cannot be absolved from blame for our relegation. If he had come out and stated needs must be he’d be working towards better play once safety was assured I think many would have accepted it but he decided to take another route. His future, possibly not just with this club but in the game itself considering additional recent failures at other teams, rests on him being right about the new approach long term.

I could also see what Mick was trying to do and more importantly so could the players.

I think a lot of this season has been down to us actually having a functioning midfield where last season we were straight into using kids in their first season and generally trying to cover for that. The loss of Huws, Adeyemi, Dozzell and Bishop was huge.

This season those kids are a year older and they've been supported by players like Bishop coming back, as well as investing in Nolan, Judge and bringing in Chalobah to cover for Skuse and challenge.

Meanwhile we've sacrificed the attack and defence. So lots of possession but little to no cutting edge, and a defence that crumbles under the tiniest pressure.

So yes, it makes a change from last year's more direct and simple approach but probably even more unbalanced and certainly not as competitive. The good thing about League One is that it should make the rebuild that bit easier and it will be an awful lot easier to get competitive quickly.

Who owns this relegation on 11:44 - Apr 14 with 1344 viewspointofblue

Who owns this relegation on 11:42 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

I could also see what Mick was trying to do and more importantly so could the players.

I think a lot of this season has been down to us actually having a functioning midfield where last season we were straight into using kids in their first season and generally trying to cover for that. The loss of Huws, Adeyemi, Dozzell and Bishop was huge.

This season those kids are a year older and they've been supported by players like Bishop coming back, as well as investing in Nolan, Judge and bringing in Chalobah to cover for Skuse and challenge.

Meanwhile we've sacrificed the attack and defence. So lots of possession but little to no cutting edge, and a defence that crumbles under the tiniest pressure.

So yes, it makes a change from last year's more direct and simple approach but probably even more unbalanced and certainly not as competitive. The good thing about League One is that it should make the rebuild that bit easier and it will be an awful lot easier to get competitive quickly.

That is true - the number of times I’ve pictured the current midfield with Waghorn up top and Webster partnering Chambers in defence. Or even Smith.

Who owns this relegation on 15:23 - Apr 14 with 1299 viewsronnyd

Who owns this relegation on 21:24 - Apr 13 by catch74

No Rommers, it’s a plane.

MM just loved taxiing, Hurst locked himself out of the cockpit, Lamberts just got us to the end of the runway.

Everyone buckled up?

Top of the plane needs a scrub mind.

Agree, but are we strong enough on the wings.
Who owns this relegation on 16:05 - Apr 14 with 1280 viewsPositivelyPortman

Are you simple?
Chalobah and Pennington were two of the most reliable performers in the team this season.
Unbelievable statement.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024